Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 242 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wppr.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 9 years ago

I agree with John's suggestion regarding the game threshold - five seems to be too many, especially for areas with limited events. Perhaps start the cutoff at three, at which point a newer player would add SOME base value (.1); from there the value would increase slightly for each additional event until they were fully rated (sort of like vesting for a 401k). People in general, whether new to pinball or not, have an innate sense of fairness. I think to deny them all added value until they meet an arbitrary threshold would turn some people off. I understand there are cheaters and those who game the system, but whatever you do, there always will be that element. A fair system strives to satisfy the bulk of its participants, while recognizing that there will be some who will attempt to take advantage of the system. Would it be worthwhile instead to have a feedback system which could serve as a check to this problem instead? A weighted system based on complaints, for example?

#203 9 years ago

Ultimately I think you will need to define a list of acceptable formats, since that will reduce your variables. I can't help but think like a technical troubleshooter (by trade and it's in my blood), and rule #1 is to eliminate random variables. You will make life much easier for many people if IFPA just bites the bullet and adopts a uniform list of accepted formats. Of course, the list can change and grow over time, but if you want to eliminate shenanigans related to gaming formats, it would be a good idea.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinder.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-wppr-system-is-out?tu=pinder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.