(Topic ID: 23062)

Need help/opinion to buy first pin if set my high price at TFTC or another game?

By Jackontherocks

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello Pinsiders:
I am looking for your advice and or opinions on my first DMD/Dot matrix game? The time has finally come for me to get a pinball machine. I have set my high price to be a TFTC game (with LEDs lights, cleaned, good condition, etc. that I company would do). I have seen a few online priced at $2,595 to $3,000 so let’s use that as our price comparison as well for this topic. I think I may have my heart set on the TFTC game based on game play being fun to my memory, 6 multiball, shaker motor, mode game , two great ramps, etc. I feel you get a lot for your value even if it’s a Data East game. Of course I would want to play again to make sure but I liked the theme, TV/movies as well on this fast paced game. I am hoping you can come up with some other similar games around the same price range in case I can’t find one (FYI: but I can be patient and wait if needed) and or change my mind to compare and expand my horizon . I have looked at the bang for the buck list as a guide (knowing the pricing is off) but think the fellow pinsiders are one of the best resources. I have played a lot of other games that I like which are higher priced (Williams/Bally) but think for my first pin the right price to spend is around ($2,000 to $3,000) if you can only have just one and plan on repairs, etc. Besides I only have room for one and looking for a game that will be fun to play and hold my attention to sit next to my bubble hockey machine. I always have plenty of locations around me in AZ to play other titles which I have been updating on http://www.pinballrebel.com/locator/index.php and encourage you all to do in your area. I look forward to your answers and thanks for the help.

#2 11 years ago

TFTC is a ton of fun!
IMO de best game.
It has a bit of everything and as long as you don't mind the adult theme (chain sawing heads in half) and the keeper's cackle it's a pretty good first game! Getting the crypt jam is a good challenge but not impossible (damn you Lotr!).
You should be able to find a very nice one for $2500-$3000.
A players quality one should be cheaper < $2000.
I miss my old one...
Good luck
Hope that helps

#3 11 years ago

I usually see TFTC around 1800ish. Although i don't see them a ton.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I usually see TFTC around 1800ish. Although i don't see them a ton

+1

If they are now a 2500-3000 pin.. we are all doomed!

#5 11 years ago

TheLaw is correct. You should be able to get a nice one somewhere around 1800-2000. It is a great game, and I love it. If I ever get rid of mine, it will be so I can get a nicer condition one. Good luck, let us know what you get.

#6 11 years ago

Damn you guys in the Midwest got good pin prices...
I haven't seen a single one under $2000 in over a year.
They don't pop up often either
I think there has been about 2-3 for sale locally in the last year.

#7 11 years ago

I bought mine for 1400 and it is nice, you well find cheaper if you are patient but TFTC doesn't come up often.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I bought mine for 1400 and it is nice, you well find cheaper if you are patient but TFTC doesn't come up often.

That's what I paid for mine! ($1375 to be exact), but it was back in Mar 2011, before the big jump in prices.

#9 11 years ago

I would quickly and gladly pay $1800 for a TFTC in this area. We have nothing.

Jack... have you considered JP? I was torn between TFTC and JP, and went with JP because I actually found one. Both DE, both 6 ball, good bang for buck games. I wuv mine, it's not going anywhere ever.

3 weeks later
#10 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I would quickly and gladly pay $1800 for a TFTC in this area. We have nothing.
Jack... have you considered JP? I was torn between TFTC and JP, and went with JP because I actually found one. Both DE, both 6 ball, good bang for buck games. I wuv mine, it's not going anywhere ever.

I am not really bid into the theme or game on JP and enjoy the two ramps and theme on TFTC.

#11 11 years ago

TFTC is a fun game, and should be well under $2k as others have noted. Not many come up for sale. Another fun DE game in this sub-$2k range is Last Action Hero: tons of modes and toys (2 captive balls, drop targets, spinner, 3 scoops, magnets, kickback lane, VUKs, moving crane, shaker, etc.).

Oh yeah, and in the $2k +/- range, you simply can't beat World Poker Tour for fun and value!!!!

#12 11 years ago

I bought a very nice one. Could have been HUO but not sure. Had no lockdown bar holes. I paid $2200.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 64.00
$ 18.95
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-helpopinion-to-buy-first-pin-if-set-my-high-price-at-tftc-or-another-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.