• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by root
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello All

I bought my first Pinball Machine today, Very Excited .. . I bought a Stern's Trident .. Went to the owner's home and played it .. Everything worked great .. I took off the glass and made sure everything was in working order ... knocking down targets and making sure it worked properly.

The Power supply goes thur the whole pin ( from what I could see ) ... We we took off the connector's on the head boards, I marked them all with a marker and layed the head down on the pin on a blanket. I made sure everything was secure.

When I returned home, I put every connector back in place, I made sure not to " rough " house them in .. They all went in ok .. I double checked to make sure everything was plugged in from what I can see ..

The machine power's up .. I put quarters in and it registers games .. When I hit the button on the door nothing happens. I am wondering if something might of jarred loose ?

Is there things I could check ? Here is my email .. [email protected] If anyone wants to email me and maybe give me a call to walk me thur somethings I should check, I be very thankful.

Machine played great, The drive home, or me not putting something back in it's proper place ...

Thank You

Brian

#2 10 years ago

Check the connectors on the CPU board. I believe the lower or upper right connector is the one that goes to the coin door. Reseat it and see if that changes anything. Check the pins inside the connector housings for corrosion and to make sure none of the pins tabs broke off.

You can also go into switch test and see if the start button is registering.

Parker

1 month later
#3 10 years ago

I just bought a Trident and it also does not start. I think it is a MPU issues but I wanted to make sure what else I can try before I go out and buy a new board. Trident, when turned on, the speaker makes a loud continuous sound (medium pitched) and will not stop. All the lights turn on and do nothing else. Displays do not show anything I can see it has power.

This is the first STERN I am working on so this is new territory for me. Before I do anything else, wanted to get advise what to do next. Checked fuses and look fine. I do have a multi-meter, what/where should I check the voltages? There is battery corrosion on the MPU but the previous seller stated they had it working. Assuming that all the lights come one and it does play a sound, would indicate that the PS, rectifier and sound board are fine.... is that a safe assumption?

Is there a away to put the board is a diag/test mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-stern-trident-powers-up-but-wont-start-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.