Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0950.JPG
DSC_0949.JPG
DSC_0948.JPG
DSC_0947.JPG
Light_Cycles.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I have looked around for this post on how to hook up the cycles. I know you have to glue down the buttons on top. How do I run the wires and how do I hook them up? Does + - matter (i dont think so)? Do I just tie it into the reg GI? I do want them on with the GI. I dont want them to flash. Thanks for your help on this. I guess I need to get some spare wire and some shrink wrap. What size wire?

Light_Cycles.jpgLight_Cycles.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I can help with this one.. Should be a plus and Minus Side of the battery, figure out which one goes to which prong and solder onto them.. Then Drill hole in battery door and pull wires through.. We hooked it up to some 5v under the playfield, and I can take a pic tomorrow for you as to the location of that wire. Its not High current so most wire will work.

#3 11 years ago

I just slotted the battery door with my dremel. Either way is a nice clean look. The pos and neg are reversed on Clu's cycle compared to the blue Sam's cycle. I did a search on hooking this up on RGP archive, and there's a post on there with great pictures to follow. Nice mod!

#4 11 years ago

Thank you guys. A pick on where to hook the wires up would be great. Thx 4 the help. Im ordering the recognizer mod with some 5 and 12v splitters but I don't want to wait for it.

#5 11 years ago

I think this is the link I used. Can't see it at work

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=379335

*edit* Coasterguy has a nice write-up on here somewhere on how he did this mod. Worth a look

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Thank you guys. A pick on where to hook the wires up would be great. Thx 4 the help. Im ordering the recognizer mod with some 5 and 12v splitters but I don't want to wait for it.

What the recognizer mod? Where can it be found thanks! goodluck and happy modding!

#7 11 years ago

My friend made a guide on how to hook theses up... here is the link http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=418126&highlight=tron+light+cycle

#8 11 years ago

Ok We tapped the +5v and ground at the back of the play field on the little board thats back there. As shown in these pics. We Also molexed the plugs so they can be unplugged and removed during a shot job or any other work that might need to be done

DSC_0947.JPGDSC_0947.JPG DSC_0948.JPGDSC_0948.JPG

#9 11 years ago

More.

DSC_0949.JPGDSC_0949.JPG DSC_0950.JPGDSC_0950.JPG

#10 11 years ago

Got it I should be all set now thank you! Will post pics when completed.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

What the recognizer mod? Where can it be found thanks! goodluck and happy modding!

I found it here www.KimballsPinballs.com you have to email him. Kim takes a bit to get back to you.

#12 11 years ago

Sweet! I was just looking for this info last night.
I might wait for my PIG to arrive and just make the connections for that board instead of going to a 5v source.
I'm assuming that if I want them to light up together, that I can simply wire both cycles into one molex connector? Anyone done this?

#13 11 years ago

Yes but you wont be able to remove them with out cutting one of the sets of wires then.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Yes but you wont be able to remove them with out cutting one of the sets of wires then.

Got it. It may be more work but I can add two small two-pin connectors for each set of wires so the whole assembly comes apart easily.

I would wire them seperately but the PIG comes with 4 outputs so I want to have two for my individual EL wires, one for the Flynn sign and that leaves me with one for both cycles.

Thanks!

I've tried accessing this guide for days from different machines and the links don't work. Am I missing something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-newbie-how-to-hook-up-tron-cycles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.