11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

First off, I'd like to apologize for not introducing myself. I've already solicited your help with a couple of dumb questions (thanks!), and I'm sure to have a few more in the future, so...

My name is Andy. I played my share of pinball growing up, but never really thought at all about how they worked until recently. I picked up a Dr. Dude machine (the subject of aforementioned dumb questions) and used posts on this forum to get it up and running again. It's been a real pleasure working on it, and even more fun now that I can play it.

Today it developed a drop target issue. 3 of the 4 drop targets fall when hit, signaling with a noise and light that they've registered. The last one will fall (slowly), but it's not registering the hit, so all four targets remain down and don't reset until the ball is lost, at which point they all pop up fine.

I took the target out and cleaned it and now it is sliding well, but still not registering when hit. I used a dry Q-tip to gently clean the horseshoe-shaped circuit that the target slides through, but didn't want to go too crazy on it and mess it up.

Is the horseshoe-shaped circuit likely the source of my woes? Any advice on how to clean it properly? Any other ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Gulf Shores, AL
$ 27.95
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunlap, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider canea.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-drop-target-not-registering?tu=canea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.