image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
Classic
Does WOZ not have the metal brackets/cab savers like Stern? I didn't think you needed to put the plastic protectors on WOZ?

No exterior metal / plastic protectors on WOZ but felt cabinet protectors are included with each game. Not sure if exterior brackets could of even been done, or needed, with both sides already being screen printed and then clear coated.

#52 10 years ago

Can't tell but that better be a beer! I'm saving a six pack of Trapest Belgium for the grand opening............oh yeah!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't tell but that better be a beer! I'm saving a six pack of Trapest Belgium for the grand opening............oh yeah!

Get yourself a 4pk of la trappe quadrupel, the finest ale in the universe!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
Classic
Does WOZ not have the metal brackets/cab savers like Stern? I didn't think you needed to put the plastic protectors on WOZ?

It comes with felt but I like the look of pincabs so went with yellow as suggested by a future WOZ owner, I do have the felt underneath.

#55 10 years ago

I think I may have Strep so sticking with an IPA.

Got the backglass I wanted!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#56 10 years ago

Running out of room.......nice machine good luck

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No exterior metal / plastic protectors on WOZ but felt cabinet protectors are included with each game. Not sure if exterior brackets could of even been done, or needed, with both sides already being screen printed and then clear coated.

I don't see why they couldn't have been done or what being screen printed and clear coated has to do with it (other than they won't wrinkle). If felt protectors are included obviously JJP feels that they should have some type of protection there. I think the metal brackets (whatever you call them) that Stern came up with after the TF debacle with decal wrinkling is a great design.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

The yellow pincab's on Taylor's WOZ do look good though.

#58 10 years ago

Monopoly!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Buddys guys? If they just left I won't see them until midnight : (
Congrats and open that sucker up!

Sorry, he typed the wrong address in GPS first. It was that kind of week.

#60 10 years ago

Midnight but all good. Thanks Buddy!!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Midnight but all good. Thanks Buddy!!

Your welcome UI just got TOTAN set up a few minutes ago. Thanks again for what you did, that pin sounds so much better with the FF speaker kit.

#62 10 years ago

Let me know when you're ready to part with the SafeCracker.

#63 10 years ago

Played a couple of games. GI is way to dim or LEDs are way too bright. It is insanely difficult to follow the ball in the bottom third of the playfield. There are spots utilized in the game so adding some wouldn't look abhorrent. I am going to use some starpost LEDs and see if it helps. Will be adding them to the upper and lower sling post.

Game is quite different than anything I have really played. It is going to be a tough ass game. The left drain is pretty brutal, I know you can start NPLH or whatever it is called but that is a deep ass mode.

No issues out of the box. Did get a ball stuck up in the castle u-turn, may need to dial that flipper down. The collect shot for HOAC is tough as well. Looks like I might need to step my game up.

Quoted from Richthofen:

Let me know when you're ready to part with the SafeCracker.

Let me know when you have $8000.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I like the look of pincabs so went with yellow

I've had a new set of green ones sitting here for over a year now just waiting. (got the LE and figured it would go better with the legs)
'Grats!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It comes with felt but I like the look of pincabs so went with yellow as suggested by a future WOZ owner, I do have the felt underneath.

The yellow looks great. Very sharp. Sooooooooo jealous.

#66 10 years ago

Congratulations on the delivery of your WOZ Taylor; play a game for me!
Hope you feel better soon.

#67 10 years ago

Nice! Although pincabs may look good I would refrain from using them on a new game unless they are not touching the cab at all or they WILL dent/make impression into the wood at the larger outline dooming the pin to permanent pincab use.

#68 10 years ago

OP: Congratz on the WOZ!

Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from PW79:

Get yourself a 4pk of la trappe quadrupel, the finest ale in the universe!

You guys should come and visit some time...

And ehm, Pinballwizard79: From all beers in the world, you pick a Dutch one?

#69 10 years ago

We have volume plates ready for sale if your interested for the woz.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I ordered a set of metal brackets for mine. I assumed they should fit/work on WOZ. I like the felt, but figured the brackets would protect the cab even better.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

My volume plate is already installed, got it in the mail two weeks ago. Nice mod.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My volume plate is already installed, got it in the mail two weeks ago. Nice mod.

Sweet!! Enjoy

#73 10 years ago

Yellow flipper rubbers and replaced the slings with white rubber as well as some fender washers under the slings.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#74 10 years ago

Wow cool flipper rubbers

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yellow flipper rubbers and replaced the slings with white rubber as well as some fender washers under the slings.

The slipper flippers are super ugly. Saw them at markmon's house as well. They were taken off and an awesome colored ruby flipper is underneath. The slippers look gimmicky, imo

#76 10 years ago

The slipper flippers are super ugly. Saw them at markmon's house as well. They were taken off and an awesome colored ruby flipper is underneath. The slippers look gimmicky, imo

I may stash my slipper flippers and replace them with these for $10.-From Bay Area

JJPFlipper.jpgJJPFlipper.jpg

#77 10 years ago

They don't bother that much and make sense with the wiitch trying to grab them. BAA sells plain red flippers for WOZ. Lack of GI bothers me more than the slippers.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Lack of GI bothers me more than the slippers.

Did you see the other Thread with the LED alignment issue?

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did you see the other Thread with the LED alignment issue?

I read it, and it doesn't really seem to help from the sounds of it...

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I ordered a set of metal brackets for mine. I assumed they should fit/work on WOZ. I like the felt, but figured the brackets would protect the cab even better.

How do these work exactly? The felt or plastic provides a soft cushion to prevent the metal legs from scraping or pinching the cab corners when the legs are tightened down and the game may move a bit. But using a metal bracket to cushion a metal leg? Not clear what it improves.

#81 10 years ago

The metal bracket sits between the leg and the cabinet, but it is a bit smaller than the leg. So, you won't see it.

Because it's rather thick and hard (compared to felt protectors), it just makes sure that the leg doesn't touch the cabinet at all (instead of just dampening the movement, like other protectors).

According to me, it's a great solution. It eliminates wear and is invisible.

#82 10 years ago

I always thought the metal brackets were just for games with decals to prevent the decal from getting scraped or bunched up by the cabinet leg.-Don't you also need to screw these into the side of your cabinet for installation making them permanent? For a screened/clearcoated cabinet like WOZ I would think that felt would probably be the best option for protection.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I read it, and it doesn't really seem to help from the sounds of it...

More info on this blog

http://www.pinplay.com/4/weak_gi_on_woz_there_could_be_a_good_reason_for_that.html

#84 10 years ago

I read that as well...

"It’s still not quite enough to be comfortable in a completely dark room, but I’m able to turn down the ambient lighting several notches further than before"

#85 10 years ago

I aligned my Gi LEDs but it is still too dark. The insert LEDs are really bright so may make it seem darker than it is but the lower part of the playfield is considerably darker than the upper.

I am going to add a couple of spotlights and try star post LEDs. New code may resolve it.

#86 10 years ago

I covered up #7 on the yellow brick road as a test, it was a noticeable difference in allowing to follow the ball better....still, not fully enough.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I always thought the metal brackets were just for games with decals to prevent the decal from getting scraped or bunched up by the cabinet leg.-Don't you also need to screw these into the side of your cabinet for installation making them permanent? For a screened/clearcoated cabinet like WOZ I would think that felt would probably be the best option for protection.

I put the felt on mine at they protect just fine. I declined on the metal ones, as I didn't want to screw into the cabinet, and I thought it was overkill. IMHO .

#88 10 years ago

Cool hope she's a good one, thinking of getting one myself, but just got a revenge from mars and scared stiff. It would be nice to have a brand spanking new one. Going to get saving. Congrats on your new pin

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from diesel64:

Because it's rather thick and hard (compared to felt protectors), it just makes sure that the leg doesn't touch the cabinet at all (instead of just dampening the movement, like other protectors).

The felt JJP provides is nice and thick. I think it will more than suffice.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Mod priorization.

Hilarious photo! Makes Dorothy look * * with her pusher, Glenda, right there to keep her going!

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I declined on the metal ones, as I didn't want to screw into the cabinet,

Do you really have to screw them into the cabinet? Won't the leg bolts going through them be enough to hold everything firmly in place? Anyway, I still haven't decided which way I'll go yet, although as gweem said, the felt is probably more than sufficient.

#92 10 years ago

You're correct. No need to screw them to the cabinet, if you don't want to. I swear by the metal protectors on every game, whether it's decaled or not. They literally keep the leg away from the cabinet the thickness of the protector.

Felt protectors are fine if you don't nudge much. But if you're one who has a tendency to move the game around when you play, there's a chance the leg edges can come in contact with the cabinet leaving marks.

Either way, make sure to tighten the bolts as tight as possible to keep the game from "rocking."

Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Do you really have to screw them into the cabinet? Won't the leg bolts going through them be enough to hold everything firmly in place? Anyway, I still haven't decided which way I'll go yet, although as gweem said, the felt is probably more than sufficient.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

Looks awesome! I'm trying to find the product on your website but I can't. I may just be having a difficult time due to the smaller screen on my smart phone. Can you please provide a link?

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You're correct. No need to screw them to the cabinet, if you don't want to. I swear by the metal protectors on every game, whether it's decaled or not. They literally keep the leg away from the cabinet the thickness of the protector.

Don't the metal protectors just end up cutting the decal at their edge, especially if you tighten the leg down hard? It may not necessarily be visible, since it's recessed from the what the leg covers, but to me a cut decal is a cut decal, and damage is damage. I would think over time the smaller metal protectors are just focusing the damage to a smaller less seen area.

I've been lucky so far with PinCabs. I've used them on NIB games from 8-9 years ago and not seen a problem yet (TSPP and LOTR) and all my other games. I've gotten paranoid lately however, with the bad reports on them.

-Jim

#95 10 years ago

Congrats Taylor!! Let us know what you think after a good amount of play....

#96 10 years ago

Of course they leave a mark but it's under the leg and not seen. Better that then cabinet damage. And of course your cabinet will not be original, but again, better that then cabinet damage.

I think you'll find the felt will also leave an impression in the clear coated cabinet, but again, better than cabinet damage.

I much prefer a naked leg against the cabinet than Pincab protectors, but that's just me.

Quoted from heckheck:

Don't the metal protectors just end up cutting the decal at their edge, especially if you tighten the leg down hard? It may not necessarily be visible, since it's recessed from the what the leg covers, but to me a cut decal is a cut decal, and damage is damage. I would think over time the smaller metal protectors are just focusing the damage to a smaller less seen area.
I've been lucky so far with PinCabs. I've used them on NIB games from 8-9 years ago and not seen a problem yet (TSPP and LOTR) and all my other games. I've gotten paranoid lately however, with the bad reports on them.
-Jim

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks awesome! I'm trying to find the product on your website but I can't. I may just be having a difficult time due to the smaller screen on my smart phone. Can you please provide a link?

Wish I could its not up yet lol.. Email me with ur Paypal email address and ill send you a personal bill for one. We have them in stock for sale ready to ship.

Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#98 10 years ago

My daughter thanked me for buying her a pinball machine.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Felt protectors are fine if you don't nudge much. But if you're one who has a tendency to move the game around when you play, there's a chance the leg edges can come in contact with the cabinet leaving marks.
Either way, make sure to tighten the bolts as tight as possible to keep the game from "rocking."

Yeah, but don't the metal legs also make marks on the ab? Or are the marks just hidden under the legs? I would think that plastic/felt would prevent gouging altogether.

#100 10 years ago

I'm planning on felt under clear pincab. WoZle on the truck! should be here by Friday! Woohoo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-woz-has-landed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.