(Topic ID: 69236)

My first pinball (Capt Fantastic) - with a couple of issues at start up!

By 4Max

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0596.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi,

I have just purchased my first pinball - Captain Fantastic. I have never restored one, and my skills will be basic so I know I'm in the for the long haul.

There are a number of issues mainly around not resetting at start, however, my main concern is that when I first switch it on the chime solenoid furthest away from side of the cabinet is permanently energized and therefore buzzing.

Any ideas on first things to look at for this?

Just for context, the other issues are:

1. It has had a small switch installed on the front door which by passes the coins. When you flick it "on" the credit reel increments continually (and the knocker knocks) until I flick it off. Maybe that was the idea to add free credits.

2. However, when I press the start button, none of the reels reset. The ball is ejected, and you can play and the scores increment correctly, including moving from player 1 to 2 to 4, but..

3. it seems always to be in four player mode, and never ends, so after player 4 back to 1, etc

4. Finally at the lower left of the backglass the number 1 is always on, and none of the "ball in play" lamps are illuminated.

As I said, I'll start with trying to fix the buzzing solenoid first!

Any help, of course, would be greatly accepted. I have included some pics, not sure if any of these help! There are:
1. picture of game over interlock relay - with a wire deliberately removed?
2. Solenoid on the credit wheel - does this look in bad shape?
3. The wiring of the "free credit switch" i mentioned
4. The chime solenoid in its constant energize (buzzing!) position

thanks

Danny

IMG_0590.jpgIMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0591.jpgIMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0596.jpgIMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0597.JPGIMG_0597.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-first-pinball-capt-fantastic-with-a-couple-of-issues-at-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.