image(4).jpeg
P1030674.JPG
P1010654.JPG
P1020513.JPG
P1030652.JPG
P1030661.JPG
P1030640.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I have 5 excellent conditioned Stern pinballs in my collection that I am considering selling to help fund a new business venture. I bought my Wolverine LE NIB (with Borg autographed Wolverine figure), and am the 2nd owner of the following HUO pins- SM, IM, Avengers LE, and ACDC Premium.

Asking $30K or best offer. All pins have been in my theater room in our smoke free home, no ambient light. All pins have at least a few mods (toppers, LEDs, shakers, plastics, figures, extras, etc.)

I am located in Western, NC. I want to at least initially see if 1 buyer might be interested in the lot before I sell individually. Will gladly take plenty of close up high res pics and detail each mod for anyone interested.

P1030640.JPGP1030640.JPGP1030652.JPGP1030652.JPGP1030661.JPGP1030661.JPGP1030674.JPGP1030674.JPGP1010654.JPGP1010654.JPGP1020513.JPGP1020513.JPGimage(3).jpegimage(3).jpegimage(4).jpegimage(4).jpegimage(6).jpegimage(6).jpeg

#2 10 years ago

Feel free to contact me for any 1 pin too. Never hurts to get a list of those interested, in case I don't sell the entire lot to one person.

#3 10 years ago

nice pins but 30k or best offers is more than each is worth broken down...and no i am not the price police i never comment on pricing just trying to put in perspective

#4 10 years ago

SM 6
IM 6
Wolverine 5.5
Avengers 5.5
ACDD Prem 5.5

I have seen multiple pins in similar condition with mods go around those numbers above. So call it $28,500 instead of $30K. Although if one person bought the entire collection I was considering giving a Comet Pinball and an original Galaga cabinet and some other things that could quickly add up to $30k. So no, I don't think starting at $30K OBO was that far off. And saying you aren't the price police but making that post kinda does make you the price police doesn't it?

#5 10 years ago

put it on eBay !!!

#6 10 years ago

Why would you advertise NIB when none of these pins are ?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

Why would you advertise NIB when none of these pins are ?

I was looking for NIB games too.

#8 10 years ago

GLWTS

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

keep dreaming. Two of those games are dogs.

How good of you to post that on someones FS thread.

#10 10 years ago

This is a discussion board chief!!!! I was adding to the discussion.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

I was adding to the discussion.

Adding what?

#12 10 years ago

Most of us agree on pinside that its kinda rude to dog a game in someone else's FS thread. Post a different thread if that's what you want to talk about. That's all.

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, I think I would take the NIB part out of the title.

#14 10 years ago

I was stating I bought Wolverine NIB as opposed to be the second owner for all the other pins. Sorry for the confusion. I'll edit the title.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I was stating I bought Wolverine NIB as opposed to be the second owner for all the other pins. Sorry for the confusion. I'll edit the title.

Some people just don't get it. I think your original title made sense to me that you are the original owner of these machines. Maybe put 1/owner?

That said, being the original owner of a game purchased nib goes a long way especially in a smoke free home that takes care of their machines.

Glws.

#16 10 years ago

And I think your prices are spot on for an asking price pending mods and conditions.

#17 10 years ago

Hey, doesn't the winner of our pinside fantasy football league get a choice of one pin?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Some people just don't get it. I think your original title made sense to me that you are the original owner of these machines.

New in box means new in box. So it has to be new, in the box. All games were once, stating that you opened it yourself is meaningless. Just like HUO means little. Some people baby their games, some people are idiots and make hacky fixes that no route OP would attempt and let their little nephews abuse the games. Buy on condition and forget the stupid labels.

#19 10 years ago

Like Sony guts.... Like NIB.

#20 10 years ago

Why would someone thumbs down a guys' thread on his asking prices, especially when their close to the price they are going for? GLWS Sir, but hope you're not leaving the hobby.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

New in box means new in box. So it has to be new, in the box. All games were once, stating that you opened it yourself is meaningless. Just like HUO means little. Some people baby their games, some people are idiots and make hacky fixes that no route OP would attempt and let their little nephews abuse the games. Buy on condition and forget the stupid labels.

Ya clarification is needed cause not everyone reads the thread, only the title. OP needs to use huo or 1/owner in his title which he adequately edited. And your right, condition > than 1/owner or huo or whatever but it still goes a long way these days.

#22 10 years ago

One stop shopping! That's a pretty bad ass line up for someone to pick up all in one go. Good luck with the sale.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from jamespin:

Hey, doesn't the winner of our pinside fantasy football league get a choice of one pin?

Only if someone gives me a pin for winning the league last year!

#24 10 years ago

The idea of 5 newish games appearing in my game room is pretty fun. When I think how long it took to get five games I wanted in my own game room it does seem like a Christmas morning event.

Bumpglws

#25 10 years ago

To be clear,all these pins are all in EXCELLENT condition. None have ever seen direct sunlight. They have never been around smoke, food, or any kind of drink. All my pins are regularly waxed, and I do swap out new balls periodically. The ONLY reason I am considering selling my pins is for a new business venture. If that goes well, I will one day buy all these titles back. I will never truly leave the hobby. I freaking love pinball.

#26 10 years ago

That lineup looks great in your theater

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That lineup looks great in your theater

Thanks. My son (6 this month) loves Marvel Super Heroes just like his daddy. I have over a thousand comics from the 70s through late 80s when I collected as a kid. We also have a lot of wall graphics and movie posters of SM, IM, Avengers, etc.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

This is a discussion board chief!!!! I was adding to the discussion.

True this is a discussion board, that should be for positive discussion on all the positive aspect of this hobby, the forum as all forum groups are created with the intent to promote good will and cheer among those that have a common interest.

Your comments neither contribute to the goodwill nor the betterment of the pinball forum therefore, comments should be kept to one's self. The forum's response or lack thereof to the OP will dictate whether the post warrants merit.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from silverball0:

True this is a discussion board, that should be for positive discussion on all the positive aspect of this hobby, the forum as all forum groups are created with the intent to promote good will and cheer among those that have a common interest.
Your comments neither contribute to the goodwill nor the betterment of the pinball forum therefore, comments should be kept to one's self. The forum's response or lack thereof to the OP will dictate whether the post warrants merit.

unfortunately that isn't the case. the price police (and price cheerleaders) have changed the game and the rules by which it is played. I listed a routed acdc for $4300. the final price it sold for was $3950 which included the ff speakers and shaker which the original price included. a couple of clowns implied my price was ridiculous when in point of fact it was within $350 of the original asking price. on a side note one of the clowns cannot say the same regarding a couple of recent sales. the rule is (as dictated by the moderators) post in market place if you don't want feedback on your pricing. btw good luck with your sale OP; that is quite the collection of newer sterns.

#30 10 years ago

I think to sell as a package 27 would be on line. Other wise it will be hard to find someone that really wants those exact games

#31 10 years ago

It is truly amazing how a collection of people that are drawn to a focal point to share there enjoyment of a common interest, end up having negative input on almost anything posted. I have been in the pinball environment since 1992 and stepped away from forums then for the same reason. I actually am again finding myself drawing away from most posts because of the continual bashing of fellow pinballers.

To the OP my apologies for highjacking your post with my off the topic remarks. It is a very nice collection and represents a fairly large investment, I wish you all the success in the sale.

#32 10 years ago

I wanna hear about this business venture.

#33 10 years ago

Looking into buying storage units

#34 10 years ago

I hope you're buying the units themselves and not the contents (as in storage wars).

#35 10 years ago

Man those look great all lined up....package price seems square to me, wish I could do it. Best of luck with the sale and the new venture.

#36 10 years ago

I got $25,000 for all 5, come and get it! PM me if you are interested

#37 10 years ago

I think 25k is fair

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I think 25k is fair

Agreed. Obviously the seller can do whatever he likes, but honestly trying to move those as a package is going to mean taking a hit IMHO, not adding up what you think they're worth (your numbers seemed close enough to me). That's how buying in bulk works. If you want the most money, be it a key of coke or a room of pinballs machines, you gotta break it up and sell in parts. That's obviously more work and time, which is kind of the whole point of selling in bulk for less.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's how buying in bulk works. If you want the most money, be it a key of coke or a room of pinballs machines, you gotta break it up and sell in parts. That's obviously more work and time, which is kind of the whole point of selling in bulk for less.

Maybe if you added some booger sugar to the deal people might be more interested
Sweet game room btw

#40 10 years ago

The op never had a chance... selling 5 sterns on pinside at once, no matter what was written, price posted, anything, this thread would be derailed and pissed all over no matter what.

I'm starting to question if even the worst days of RGP amounted to a typical day of pinside - no fault to the site staff of course.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The op never had a chance... selling 5 sterns on pinside at once, no matter what was written, price posted, anything, this thread would be derailed and pissed all over no matter what.
I'm starting to question if even the worst days of RGP amounted to a typical day of pinside - no fault to the site staff of course.

It's not even remotely close - you must not have been around much in the old days. I find these discussions remarkably well-behaved.

Look if you want the maximum audience for your sale you have to put up with public comments... this isn't the gestapo.
If you can't deal with the noise of a large live audience - you only post it in Mr Pinball. "Problem" solved...

#42 10 years ago

Much better off selling individually IMO.

XMLE 5.5k
SM 5.5k
IM 5.5k
AVLE 5.3k
ACDC Premium 5.5k

That's basically 27k and change, but think it's pretty doable, especially with mods. Group price, everyone wants a deal >>> agree 25k

GLWS your collection looks great.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Not even close to lowered RGP standards in the later years. Pinside is fine; I see a multitude of attitudes. Makes for sometimes interesting perspectives!

Open childish attacks and name calling are one thing. But with a few idiotic exceptions who are still allowed to be here on this site, 99% are good folk either by force or design.

#44 10 years ago

$25K seems like a great offer considering its done in one swipe and no dealing with multiple buyers and you get the cash you want all at once. Plus finding a buyer that wants all 5 and has room is really your hurdle.

#45 10 years ago

3 of these titles (IM, SM, and ACDC Premium) should be VERY easy to move for more than 5K a piece. Otherwise, AVLE and XMLE are both around 5K right now to actually get out the door, so 25K is probably about right for all of them. But, I would rather sell IM, SM, and AC/DC Premium on their own as they are pretty easy sales at 5.5 K and you are really making someone else happy at 5.5K each and then sell the AVLE and XMLE for 5K each. They SHOULD go for that, but who knows? Those titles just keep marching downhill, value-wise. Bottom line-- $26.5K if sold individually, $25K if sold in one fell swoop.

#46 10 years ago

I would like to get $27k for the lot. I think that is reasonable. I agree that selling individually may be the best way to go. I appreciate the positive discussion from most on this thread!

#47 10 years ago

Twenty seven is reasonable, but selling an entire collection is always a little difficult. Either someone has to happen to want all of the games (and have the money), or they have to get them at a price that they themselves can flip. But I don't think you will have too much trouble eventually getting what you want out of them, although you may have to sell them individually. GLWS

#48 10 years ago

Yep, I'm prepared to sell separately if I need to. But also thought if someone wants the entire collection, makes it easier on them too, gas, shipping etc. Again if anyone wants a single pin or two, just PM me the titles you are interested in. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-entire-nibhuo-stern-collection-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.