Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by llphil67
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4064 (resized).png
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 months ago

I have been steadily moving my collection forward in time from EM's to SS. BOP is the newest I have so far. I would like to add a music pin to the collection. Of course game-play is top concern, but I like the idea of music integration. I do not like over crowded playfields, but that could change with experience. I really like my High Speed and BOP, so with this information which music pin do you guys recommend and why. Thanks in advance, can't wait to hear the logic and choices.

#2 4 months ago

IMDN! My favorite machine. I would recommend you go play it and draw a conclusion yourself. AC/DC is second.

#3 4 months ago

Maiden is the best pin ever

#4 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

I have been steadily moving my collection forward in time from EM's to SS. BOP is the newest I have so far. I would like to add a music pin to the collection. Of course game-play is top concern, but I like the idea of music integration. I do not like over crowded playfields, but that could change with experience. I really like my High Speed and BOP, so with this information which music pin do you guys recommend and why. Thanks in advance, can't wait to hear the logic and choices.

The worst music makes the best pins.
    Maiden, Met, Beatles (early era music)

#5 4 months ago

another vote for AC/DC. I never could get into the Maiden pin (and I like Maiden).

#6 4 months ago

Metallica imo is the best music pin and rumored to be re-released soon.
    Go play one and you will understand,

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

game-play is top concern

Iron Maiden

#8 4 months ago

Steve Ritchie.... ACDC. Amazing game.

As with any music pin, it helps a lot if you love the band.

#9 4 months ago

IMDN.

#10 4 months ago

JOIN US !

IMG_4064 (resized).pngIMG_4064 (resized).png
    #11 4 months ago

It is all subjective and personal preference. Play each one that interests you. Pick the ones you like.

#12 4 months ago

Maiden

#13 4 months ago

Jonesing hard for a Maiden before Christmas!

#14 4 months ago

Dolly Parton

#15 4 months ago

Wait.. are we talking cup size or gameplay?

#16 4 months ago

Here's another take on this;I don't do music pins! The music scores are too repetitive,and begin to get on your nerves! Just my 2cents worth!

#17 4 months ago

Metallica!!!

#18 4 months ago

Rush would be my pick for best music pin, but it is a pretty crowded playfield, which you said isn’t your taste. IMDN or Metallica sound up your alley

#19 4 months ago

KISS is awesome

#20 4 months ago

Maiden!! Great art, rules are great & it shoots very very well. What also sets Maiden apart from AC-DC, Aerosmith, MET is that when you lose your ball you continue where you left off in the song unlike the others. Love AC-DC but seriously some games it feels like you just hear the main riff over and over and over again. Maiden is refreshing in that regard.

#21 4 months ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here's another take on this;I don't do music pins! The music scores are too repetitive,and begin to get on your nerves! Just my 2cents worth!

I honestly thought this too, but just like any other pin, it just blends into the background at some point and you don't even think about it.

#22 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

If you don't like an overly crowded playfield, Metallica is the game you want. Great code, beautiful art, awesome music, and Sparky has to be the best bash toy in pinball. The only game I truly will never sell.

#23 4 months ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you don't like an overly crowded playfield, Metallica is the game you want. Great code, beautiful art, awesome music, and Sparky has to be the best bash toy in pinball. The only game I truly will never sell.

IMO MET is an incredibly repetitive fan layout. Sparky is awesome the first 20 times after that it gets old fast.

#24 4 months ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

IMO MET is an incredibly repetitive fan layout. Sparky is awesome the first 20 times after that it gets old fast.

If you own 1 game ,yes. In a multi game collection, no. I've owned 2 maidens, great games, just not a fan of the music.

#25 4 months ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you own 1 game ,yes. In a multi game collection, no. I've owned 2 maidens, great games, just not a fan of the music.

Like I mentioned though I'm a big fan of the songs not starting over again every ball. I owned Met I like it but it got boring quick.

If my wife would get rid of 2 tons of shoes I would have two Maiden & shadow .

#26 4 months ago

If you don't like overcrowded playfields and want a music pin, Led Zeppelin Premium is pretty sweet. I know it doesn't get alot of love but I just bought one and absolutely love it. The Electric Magic spinner and expression lighting is cool and they're being deeply discounted through Cointaker and other distros.

Also love my Foo Fighters pro.

#27 4 months ago

I was about to comment on the lack of LZ being in the mix.....Sounds like the top two picks so far are IM and Metallica. Not really a fan of either's music, but I would pick Metallica over IM based on music alone, also less crowded playfield. Really like AC-DC music, but if gameplay is sub-par compared to IM or Metallica, well I may need to give them a chance. Keep the talk coming, I'm learning a lot. Thanks

#28 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

I was about to comment on the lack of LZ being in the mix.....Sounds like the top two picks so far are IM and Metallica. Not really a fan of either's music, but I would pick Metallica over IM based on music alone, also less crowded playfield. Really like AC-DC music, but if gameplay is sub-par compared to IM or Metallica, well I may need to give them a chance. Keep the talk coming, I'm learning a lot. Thanks

LZ is really not thst interesting. The magic spinner is cool, everything else pretty boring. Not my favorite SR layout either.
    Stop worry aboot picking Met over Maiden for music or whatever; They both suck.

#29 4 months ago

Like they said, you really need to play them. But Metallica and Iron Maiden are the 2 best hands down.

#30 4 months ago

For Mr Law, honest question. seems like you do not like IM, or Met, or LZ. Is there a music pin that you do like? If so why?

#31 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

For Mr Law, honest question. seems like you do not like IM, or Met, or LZ. Is there a music pin that you do like? If so why?

Sorry I think we have a misunderstanding; I meant the music is awful with both of them so no real winner there
    The machine's, and I have owned both, absolutely top notch. Some of the best games ever made.
    LZ I love the music but the game was a boring for me.
    Beatles I'd also not my fav music, but the gameplay is super fast and fun. Really brutal though, much shorter ball times than the other mentioned.

#32 4 months ago

Creature from the Back Lagoon
    Yes, it is not a band pinball machine, but it does have great music

#33 4 months ago

OK, thanks for the clarification...helpful. I want the game-play to be fast but not impossible as I have teenagers who want to play also. The Music is a factor though, Beatles, LZ, AC-DC, Aerosmith, GNR, Rush, and even Met all appeal to me musically, IM one or two songs are about it. I see Rush has the most songs, but music wise AC-DC or LZ would probably be my top. But really game-play is most important, which is why I'm asking for everyone's input. Thanks

#34 4 months ago

People love acdc for sure.
    LZ starter pin isn't the worst; but it had to be a premium.
    Rush is too packed in from what you're describing

#35 4 months ago

Don’t forget to check the PB Queen or JJP Elton John out.

#36 4 months ago

Metallica for the win…..I prefer the Premium over the Pro.

#37 4 months ago

Lets throw another wrench in the works.....re-sale value. Assuming all options are "premium" models, which if any do you predict to lose value (from right now prices) and are any going to be stagnant/climb?

#38 4 months ago

I enjoy my Led Zeppelin Premium. It's fun and flows like AC/DC but without all the bullshit (cannon, song restarts, annoying call outs.) Not a fan of ball launches into a scoop either. Miss the bell but the EM spinner alone makes up for that, plus more combo opportunities with the 3rd flipper.

#39 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

Lets throw another wrench in the works.....re-sale value. Assuming all options are "premium" models, which if any do you predict to lose value (from right now prices) and are any going to be stagnant/climb?

LZ is already so low it probably can't go much lower....?

#40 4 months ago

MET has more straightforward rules and plays similar to older games imo. Crank it up modes never get old with the risk/reward. I had a pro for years and played it more than any other game I owned. Other modern games like Maiden get much more complicated and take a marathon game to get deep into the rules.

#41 4 months ago

the four best in terms of game play are Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, and Foo Fighters. each have their own appeal and are worth spending on time on before you make a decision. the first three of course are pretty much locked-in for development at this point, Foo has a ways to go before it's final code takes form.

considering you enjoy HS and BOP, you might look at a DE GNR, if you can find one in decent shape at a reasonable price. i generally can't stand GNR, but it's a lot of fun in that late 80's/early 90's style of play.

#42 4 months ago

I can understand not being a fan of IMDN music but I’m not sure everyone gets that it’s not really a band or Iron Maiden game. It’s like a supernatural / mythology / Egyptian theme that happens to have Iron Maiden music as the sound track. And the music to me is fairly tame, general, rock / metal music that’s pretty innocuous by todays standards. Godzilla has a similar metal soundtrack and it doesn’t get a lot of complaints. You can lower the music in the mix, turn it off, or replace it. If you’re looking for an amazing pinball game, it’s it. If looking for a juke box type game where the music is the focus and you need to love that music, I guess look elsewhere, but maiden isn’t even trying to be that.

#43 4 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I can understand not being a fan of IMDN music but I’m not sure everyone gets that it’s not really a band or Iron Maiden game....

Neither is Metalica or Beatles.
    Well nevermind...I guess even though it's a re-skin dose have the band plastered all over it

#44 4 months ago
    Quoted from mc300baud:

the four best in terms of game play are Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, and Foo Fighters. each have their own appeal and are worth spending on time on before you make a decision. the first three of course are pretty much locked-in for development at this point, Foo has a ways to go before it's final code takes form.
    considering you enjoy HS and BOP, you might look at a DE GNR, if you can find one in decent shape at a reasonable price. i generally can't stand GNR, but it's a lot of fun in that late 80's/early 90's style of play.

+1 on DE GNR. Borg, Sheats, Slash. What else could you want? It’s very fun and underrated pin, and I might play it more than my JJP GNR

IMG_1362 (resized).jpegIMG_1362 (resized).jpeg

#45 4 months ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

KISS is awesome

I second the Stern version of KISS. Went to a dive bar in Laramie, WY after a conference and it's the only pin they had. While everyone else was cocktailing I was pouring bills into KISS. Not a big KISS fan, but the integration into the pin was great and it was a fun one to jam on all night. When I gave up the machine several of the folks I was with immediately jumped on.

#46 4 months ago

Kiss Stern = Lonnie on code = PASS

#47 4 months ago

Rumored new MET release=someone other than Lyman on code=PASS.

#48 4 months ago
    Quoted from llphil67:

If you don't like overcrouwded playfields, ACDC is your best choice and an awesome game !!

#49 4 months ago

AC/DC especially since you are a fan of High Speed. Both machines were made by the same designer (Steve Ritchie).

#50 4 months ago

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but Steve Ritchie also did LZ....which doesn't get much love at all. So I am assuming, again correct me, that not all SR games are equal or even similar.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/music-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.