(Topic ID: 185307)

Motordome wont boot up.

By mkirkman99

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

looking for help. i'm new to this so forgive me if this has been covered. i have had this motordome pinball machine for like 25 years and it has been sitting for about 15 years unused. when turned on, the lights all come on but thats about it. no led flashes on the board. it has the 6803 board with the leaking battery that was pretty much destroyed so i replaced it with the swemmer mpu board. i checked the test points and tp1 has .04 volts way less than the 5v it should have. and all the other test points are no where near the voltage they should be. i assume since the lights are on and the fact that lots of people have told me its rare for the transformer to go bad that i should replace the power module board next. i have read that the capacitors go bad after about 10 years. i am trying to get this up and running for my kids so i would love any input on this. thanks. also it should be said that i don't have much experience with stuff like this.

#2 7 years ago

What help would you like? Do you want to try and fix the power module board yourself, send it away, replace it, do some more testing?

#3 7 years ago

i dont have the skills to fix the board myself. i just want to know if replacing the power module is the logical next step. or is there something else i should try first. thanks for responding.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from mkirkman99:

i dont have the skills to fix the board myself. i just want to know if replacing the power module is the logical next step. or is there something else i should try first. thanks for responding.

Something is wrong on the power supply board, perhaps the 5V regulator itself or capacitors. It's a cheap part and there are a few other components that commonly fail and can be replaced.

#5 7 years ago

I suggest you consider sending it to Borygard of lockwhenlit.com fame. Or check the marketplace for board services.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ashland, KY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/motordome-wont-boot-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.