(Topic ID: 350049)

Midwest Gaming Classic 2024

By Jake123

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6081 (resized).jpg
    IMG20240406133342 (resized).jpg
    a14fca11-3eaf-45b5-893e-4c676d72e834_text.gif
    20240405_154420 (resized).jpg
    20240407_130145 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240407-132305 (resized).png
    IMG_20240406_134221978.jpg
    IMG_20240408_081205893.jpg
    IMG_3553 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3549 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3555 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9709 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9704 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5021 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4809[1] (resized).JPG
    There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 months ago

Haven't seen a thread on this years show. Whos all going ? April 5th - 7th

#2 5 months ago

Let’s go!

You intending this to be the buy/sell/trade or just general hype thread? You could likely start both for those who want to keep them separate.

I will probably go all weekend and I might bring a game. Excited to hear what homebrews are going to be there...

Edit: started a Buy/Sell/Trade/ISO thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2024-buy-sell-trade-iso#post-7980516

#3 5 months ago

I'll be watching this thread.

36Jr.gif36Jr.gif
    #4 5 months ago

I'm going for sure, as I have since 2017.

Haven't nailed down which games I'm bringing yet, but for sure Undertale will be back. And this time it will be alongside Volcano Blast, regardless of how done it is by then.

#5 5 months ago

Hoping to bring a game to this year's show.

#6 5 months ago

Ky1ebasa - is HP going to make it in time?

#7 5 months ago

Anyone know when they will be releasing the tournaments / events on the pinball side? I didn't play the main last year but did the side ones and that was a ton of fun. Want to try and do all of them if able.

#8 5 months ago

Hope Steve Tully will be able to make it.

#9 5 months ago
    Quoted from roger0043:

Hope Steve Tully will be able to make it.

How is he doing? I should check in with Dan.

I might go this year, having skipped a few. I have a prototype game I'd like to bring.

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

How is he doing? I should check in with Dan.
    I might go this year, having skipped a few. I have a prototype game I'd like to bring.

any more deets on this proto?

#11 5 months ago

Not sure what I’m bringing yet, but I’ll be there as usual!

The knees are a little weak yet, but getting rehabbed. Everything else healed up pretty well, and I’m back to work part time. Pat is home and on the mend too. She’s hoping to get back to work in a couple of months. A lot of you reached out and it means a lot. Thanks for all the support!

It’ll be great seeing everyone and I’m looking forward to one of my favorite weekends of the year!

#12 5 months ago

Tully better be there. Thanks for starting a thread. Subscribed. When are the dates again?

#13 5 months ago

Not sure if I'll go this year or not yet.

#14 5 months ago

Will Metal Jesus or Billy Mitchell be there again?

#15 5 months ago

MGC would not be the same without you Tully!

#16 5 months ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

any more deets on this proto?

Orange County Choppers video pinball, developed by Incredible Technologies.

OCC (resized).jpgOCC (resized).jpg

#17 5 months ago

[quoted image]

Sick - loved American Chopper.

#18 5 months ago

[quoted image]

I played that at expo 2022 I think (maybe it was MGC last year). definitely a neat piece.

#19 5 months ago

I'll be there again. I love MGC. As of now my plan is to bring Subhumans, Robot and Ice Show.

1 week later
    #20 5 months ago

Should be a good year With Spooky I'm assuming will bring a Few TCM and Looney Stern with Jaws... Wonder if Berrals of Fun will Do something new?

#21 5 months ago
    Quoted from Jake123:

Should be a good year With Spooky I'm assuming will bring a Few TCM and Looney Stern with Jaws... Wonder if Berrals of Fun will Do something new?

by then, it's likely Stern will have another new game to show besides Jaws

I'll definitely be coming from Michigan. Haven't decided if I want to bring games or not

#22 5 months ago

Thanks for starting this thread! I'll be attending this year for the first time with some friends and bringing a game. I've only attended Expo 2022 so far and the dates of MGC fit my schedule well this year. In comparison to Expo, what should I expect in terms of the pinball area? Half the size, or does it vary from year to year? Looking forward to it.

#23 5 months ago

Pinball area is typically a pretty decent size. MGC has all types of gaming, make sure you check out the other things the show has to offer.

#24 5 months ago
    Quoted from Zubat:

Thanks for starting this thread! I'll be attending this year for the first time with some friends and bringing a game. I've only attended Expo 2022 so far and the dates of MGC fit my schedule well this year. In comparison to Expo, what should I expect in terms of the pinball area? Half the size, or does it vary from year to year? Looking forward to it.

The pinball area last year was quite large. Lots of free play games, maybe even more than Expo. The downsides compared to expo is that the parking absolutely sucks and costs money, you're pretty much downtown Milwaukee, and theres a lot of people there for the other gaming stuff but have wandered into the pinball section. Sometimes they don't know the proper etiquette (as if all the pinball people do lol) or theres just more lines or games with 4 players started and then they walked away. Since it covers all kinds of gaming though there is a lot of extra stuff to go and see and cleanse your pinball palate with

#25 5 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

The pinball area last year was quite large. Lots of free play games, maybe even more than Expo. The downsides compared to expo is that the parking absolutely sucks and costs money, you're pretty much downtown Milwaukee, and theres a lot of people there for the other gaming stuff but have wandered into the pinball section. Sometimes they don't know the proper etiquette (as if all the pinball people do lol) or theres just more lines or games with 4 players started and then they walked away. Since it covers all kinds of gaming though there is a lot of extra stuff to go and see and cleanse your pinball palate with

Pretty accurate here. There will be cool gaming stuff happening all weekend. There might even be a wresting match or two. lol.

#26 5 months ago
    Quoted from Zubat:

You can watch this guy slowly walk through and talk or you can turn off the sound and watch it at 2x.

#27 5 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Last I checked, EVERY GAME has to be set to free play to be on the game floor at MGC.

#28 5 months ago

Last I checked, EVERY GAME has to be set to free play to be on the game floor at MGC.

Yeah, I just meant games that people bring to the show for people to play.

1 week later
    #29 4 months ago

Can someone elaborate the process of bringing a game to put in the show on free play? What time do we have to be there by to setup and what time do we have to stick around until?

#30 4 months ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Can someone elaborate the process of bringing a game to put in the show on free play? What time do we have to be there by to setup and what time do we have to stick around until?

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/bring-machines/

#32 4 months ago

Load in/out system has been refined over the years since moving to the Wisconsin Center and is pretty good at this point.

#33 4 months ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Load in/out system has been refined over the years since moving to the Wisconsin Center and is pretty good at this point.

Agree to disagree. How soon we all forget.

#34 4 months ago

I like MGC a lot. While a good part of the show isn't what I'm interested in (video games/consoles), the arcade/pinball stuff is always great. It's gotten a little pricey over the years ($50) and a lot of the vendors that go there have also bled over to Expo.

#35 4 months ago

Ill be there, not sure how many pins ill bring, but i usually breing a full trailer load

#36 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Ill be there, not sure how many pins ill bring, but i usually breing a full trailer load

Bond 60th again? It was awesome that you brought that last year!

#37 4 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Bond 60th again? It was awesome that you brought that last year!

not planning on that again, at least havent thought of it

#38 4 months ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

not planning on that again, at least havent thought of it

While you are thinking about it, think about that nice shiny BBB and radical you recently got too

Don't mind me...just day dreamin

#39 4 months ago

Agree to disagree. How soon we all forget.

It has improved over the years of being at the Wisconsin center. Maybe I've also adapted the way I do things also and that has helped too but the past 2 shows I thought load in/out went well (at least for me).

#40 4 months ago

We will be there.

Representing

Stern - probably 45 games
    Jersey jack 10 games
    Chicago gaming 4 games
    American pinball 6 games
    Spooky pinball 6 games
    Barrels of Fun 3 games
    Raw thrills 6 games
    Namco 4 games

Possibly some more. Don't have it figured out completely yet.

#41 4 months ago

Anybody hear if ColorDMD will be having their show special again for games brought to the free-play section?

#42 4 months ago
    Quoted from G35R6:

Anybody hear if ColorDMD will be having their show special again for games brought to the free-play section?

Sounds like the ColorDMD deal will be happening again. I'll most likely be handling it again this year. Getting details together, so will post an update shortly with information.

#43 4 months ago

Will be picking up a Spooky Pinball at MGC this year, decided to make it a weekend trip with my oldest son (12) Driving up from the Cincy area on Friday after school and staying through picking up Looney Tunes on Sunday before driving back.

Any thing in the area I should totally make sure we should check out food or experience wise apart from the convention while we're in town visiting?

#44 4 months ago

Lake Front Brewery does a great Friday Fish Fry and has a fun Tour
    Plenty of other Brewery Tours and Tastings
    Point Burger Bar and K1 Speed have games and Go Karts
    Up Down Barcade for drinks and late night pizza
    Whirlyball is fun if you can get a group of 3+
    Garcade has a booth at MGC, but also has the biggest pinball collection in the area
    If its warm maybe a Duffy Boat ride on the MKE River
    Lionel Train Club is open to the public and has a big train layout
    Fourth & Goal is fun for a group of 4
    Normal Axe throwing
    Pink Floyd Tribute Band is playing at the Riverside

#45 4 months ago
    Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

Will be picking up a Spooky Pinball at MGC this year, decided to make it a weekend trip with my oldest son (12) Driving up from the Cincy area on Friday after school and staying through picking up Looney Tunes on Sunday before driving back.
    Any thing in the area I should totally make sure we should check out food or experience wise apart from the convention while we're in town visiting?

Doc's BBQ across the street is pretty good. Comet Cafe is a few minutes drive and has great breakfast.

#47 4 months ago

For an authentic, old-school supperclub experience with THE BEST steaks, the Five O'Clock Club is a must! It's a splurge for sure, but OMG, the place KILLS it! A perfectly prepared, charred, medium rare filet the size of both fists. Not a dressy joint either, which is a bonus. Only a mile or two from the venue.

https://www.fiveoclocksteakhouse.com/

#48 4 months ago

County Clare has great fish fry on Fri. til 9pm, then live trad music (Irish) til 11.
    Red Lion does a full English and opens early for Premier League soccer
    Art museum, Discovery world one of nicer walks along the lake.
    Up/Down barcade does not allow under 21, but 20 free tokens for first 100 Fri, usually gone by 6pm.

#49 4 months ago

Anyone know if the parking Garage is finished?

#50 4 months ago
    Quoted from Dakine747:

For an authentic, old-school supperclub experience with THE BEST steaks, the Five O'Clock Club is a must! It's a splurge for sure, but OMG, the place KILLS it! A perfectly prepared, charred, medium rare filet the size of both fists. Not a dressy joint either, which is a bonus. Only a mile or two from the venue.
    https://www.fiveoclocksteakhouse.com/

Have to agree. This steak house is expensive, but you GET what you pay for. Nothing worse that one of these places that charge $65 bucks for a 6oz fillet and $8 for a glass of water.

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/midwest-gaming-classic-2024 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.