Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by micro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I recently was listening to some Metallica and played the song "I Disappear" from the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack. Then I took a look back at the video and realized how well it lends itself to pinball. Such as the ball disappearing into the playfield or hopefully not, but disappearing between your flippers...
    It would be nice if Lyman/Borg put this song in...take a look and let me know what you think.

#2 10 years ago

That would be a fitting song. It's got a good guitar riff and gets you fired up to play too vs. some of the slower songs. Probably not popular enough to make the cut and pay the licensing costs for though...

#3 10 years ago

Agreed. It would also have been nice to put "ride the lightning" in for electric chair mb too. Seems fitting for that song to be in the game, after all the song is about the electric chair which just happens to be the MAIN TOY! Wtf? Song selection for this pin is pretty poor IMO but it could have been A LOT worse.

#4 10 years ago

Speaking of getting fired up to play...I use this as an intro song for basketball when I do PA work at local basketball games. I think it's a great tune for getting players jacked up.

Dave

#5 10 years ago

interview with NEWSTED, he said they actually dropped them off at Monument Valley, and they were on top of those things for like 8 hours or so

#6 10 years ago

Eh, it'd be nice but I'd rather add "So What."

#7 10 years ago

If I could wish for one more song in this pin, but I don't think this will ever happen, I would like to have this one:

Metallica - Ectasy of Gold

#8 10 years ago

If you really want it to happen, use the pinball browser and replace a song. Done.

Quoted from Asael:

If I could wish for one more song in this pin, but I don't think this will ever happen, I would like to have this one:» YouTube videoMetallica - Ectasy of Gold

#9 10 years ago

Changing the songs in my Metallica tonight! Work can't go buy quick enough. Everything is ready to go. Just need to import the new songs.

#10 10 years ago

All I can think is, "Make the ball VANISH!"

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Changing the songs in my Metallica tonight! Work can't go buy quick enough. Everything is ready to go. Just need to import the new songs.

In the pin? how?

#12 10 years ago

Find the thread where some one created software to alter game roms for stern SAM system. Change sounds and DMD images.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from tjsynkral:

Eh, it'd be nice but I'd rather add "So What."

I actually mentioned "So What", "The Four Horseman", "Am I Evil", and "Welcome Home(Sanitarium)" as my most wanted, but least likely to be put in the pin. "I Disappear" may have a chance...

Quoted from Asael:

If I could wish for one more song in this pin, but I don't think this will ever happen, I would like to have this one:» YouTube videoMetallica - Ectasy of Gold

Agreed!!! Ennio Morriconi rules! This is the intro at every Metallica concert I have have been to in the past 13 years. Prior to that I do not recall seeing it...

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Asael:

If I could wish for one more song in this pin, but I don't think this will ever happen, I would like to have this one:
    » YouTube video
    Metallica - Ectasy of Gold

Thanks for sharing this. I LOVE the good/bad/ugly. I never knew they covered that.

Great listen!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-i-disappear-lends-itself-well-to-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.