Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by zombywoof
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brians_song (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 7.06.13?PM (resized).png
    2017-01-16_04-47-33 (resized).jpg
    last-american-hero (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 7.04.47?PM (resized).png
    OunY-I.gif
    Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 6.43.45?PM (resized).png
    001229_R-w1_8x10_nocrop (resized).jpg
    sddefault (resized).jpg
    The_Conqueror_(1956)_film_poster (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    d79b9fd7-6911-4a8b-9c9a-1b6fea453c34_2028x1208 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1563 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1562 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9732 (resized).jpeg
    dg41txj-6c73ba6d-b731-43e4-8eb1-9c1ec7e8d0af (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 71 days ago

Speaking of Dish network, I was a customer for many, many years. They always charged me equipment fees even though my stuff was old. Never once did they offer to upgrade it. Bill just kept going up and up. Whatever. I cancelled service a few years ago and never looked back. Loyalty means nothing. It's business. Dish has to make money and I always have a choice on who to do business with.

#69 70 days ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

5 or so years ago, I called Dish and asked if there was anything they could do to lower our bill since we kept seeing great offers for new customers, but as existing customers for over 10 years, our bill kept going up. After talking to them for probably 20 minutes, the only thing they suggested was reducing our package. Oh yeah, they eventually offered to take $5 off our monthly bill! I told them before hanging up I was going to call to cancel after I called DirecTV to set up service. They didn't try to talk me out of it.
    Fast forward a week. DirecTV came out and got us set up. I called Dish Network to cancel, and it was at that point they were trying to offer me $50 off my monthly bill, etc. I explained to them that I called a week prior and they said there was nothing they could do.
    I really hate that every few years you have to call these bastards and threaten to cancel just to get your bill down. My wife has to tell Sirius she's going to cancel every year so they'll give her the same deal again. It's ridiculous. They don't seem to care that if they just kept their prices steady (or just modestly increased with inflation), they'd have loyal customers for life. They must have enough customers who don't notice/care about the increases.

Had the same experience with Comcast. I even had them admit on the phone that their business plan was to raise prices quietly and wait to see if anyone complains. If you kept calling in, suffering through the terrible phone maze, and long hold times then they would gladly reduce your billing. Took over 30 minutes, talking to variety of people just to cancel my service. Unbelievable. Sad to think these tactics work on a lot of people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loyalty-means-nothing?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.