Nopeoctopus.gif
jacksonoz.gif
clickme.gif
alice_smoke.gif
Frankenstein-looks-stares-and-blinks-a.gif
ba_dum_tsh.jpg
Bug_man.gif
feed-the-troll.jpg
There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LEDs that fade like REAL bulbs....F*CK YEAAAAH!!!!!

That was the first thing I noticed too. That is the great thing about using a real LED controller. No flicker, no strobe and almost unlimited brightness levels. That means bulbs can be turned on and off slowly to simulate a real bulb and eliminate the spastic look of LEDs. Also, they can be set to be just the right brightness for each insert or location. This is completely the opposite of the average nightmare LED conversions that we are used to seeing. LEDs are awesome when used correctly...

John

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Theme is just terrible. I hope he does another after this one cause it certainly looks nice...just not my cup o tea.

Jack has said that there will be a JJP #2 and that there will be a payment plan offered.

#53 11 years ago

Speechless.

#54 11 years ago

Just heard from Jack. I'll go visit and play next month! Sweet!!

Photographer.gifPhotographer.gif

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Bring your checkbook!

#56 11 years ago

Ah, you guys crack me up.

Jack locked the doors when production supposedly started

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Really?

#58 11 years ago

Why is the gameplay so slow?

Looks great, but gameplay is more important to me.

#59 11 years ago

Beautiful looking game. The lighting looks awesome. Obviously the software is what will make the game. Many great looking games aren't great pins due to the ruleset. Good track record from the lead programmer here though.

Can't buy the theme but I'm interested if they do well enough to do game 2...unless its Hobbit.

Also, not meant to flame Jack, but I wonder if the pricing will jump for game 2 given the level of detail, design and parts that went into this one?

#61 11 years ago

At the end of the day, my guess is that this game will be rated 6.7 when you look at the ratings 10 years from now.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks great! I am also excited about the news that an WI local has been added to the team. Congrats to your brother Christopher!!! How long have you been holding out on this secret?

He started about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to let Jack make the announcement. He (Eric) is so excited about working there. I don't ask specifics because it might jeopardize his job and my distributor status. We talk, but its more like "the guys are great, the work is fun, etc.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

At the end of the day, my guess is that this game will be rated 6.7 when you look at the ratings 10 years from now.

Another clueless stern lemming. Xmen is a winner no doubt. The best Chinese build quality money can buy. You can borrow my drill to reposition your wolvie so the game functions properly.

Just be happy that the quality coming out of JJP may Matriculate to other companies out of necessity. No one wants to be selling cheap knockoffs and the same price as a quality item. That's not a recipe for long term success.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Why is the gameplay so slow?
Looks great, but gameplay is more important to me.

I do not KNOW this but my assumption with the ball speed is that the table is set so you can take it all in at a less frantic pace. Think about watching Bowen on a Papa tutorial, with the ball flying throughout the table I all too frequently miss what was done. If I am wrong, and also that there is NO way to adjust the angle on the game then yes, the game is slow.

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'll file that under Who Gives a Shit....

#66 11 years ago

I'm actually showing the video at 19.4 frames a second which seems to be slow. Should be 29.7( 30)fps. So I think it's artificially slowed down.

#67 11 years ago

First off, I have pre-ordered a WOZ and, like some of you mentioned earlier, it too is my first NIB experience.  Honestly speaking though I found this "update" to be terribly underwhelming.  I didn't see anything that wasn't already shown in the E3 videos: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index.html, of which i actually thought showed the game off in a better light (no pun intended), and left me hungry for more.  
While I still can't wait to play, I was hoping for a little (err a lot) more this time around.  Perhaps that's my own fault for overhyping the update in my head, or perhaps the video not quite doing it justice (I actually thought the light show and gameplay showed better in the earlier videos to be blunt), but Jack telling us all week to expect something big and for there to be a new reveal by weeks end, I'm left feeling a little less than inspired.
Oh well...here's to the "next" update I suppose.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I will thanks! Have fun at the WBC protests.

Completely uncalled for. Scott is a great guy. Nothing wrong with his disliking WOZ theming, it's not for everyone.

#69 11 years ago

There was no GI on the e3 game. This is showing rgb GI lighting with anti flicker &. Dimmer control.

The other video shows working scoring and playfield
Interactions. That wasn't at e3 either.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Completely uncalled for. Scott is a great guy. Nothing wrong with his disliking WOZ theming, it's not for everyone.

Anyone else want to sign up to defend people anonymously?

The only people who make comments like "have fun with your ruby slippers" are the grunting he-man wannabe misogynists who think the theme has references or affiliations to something that would make them feel less "manly" by owning one. Get a grip.

#71 11 years ago

Also the witch had more detailing added in this video as compared to E3.

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Another clueless stern lemming. Xmen is a winner no doubt. The best Chinese build quality money can buy. You can borrow my drill to reposition your wolvie so the game functions properly.

"I don't want anyone touching me or my WOZ...anyone who touches me or my WOZ...I'll kill ya."

#73 11 years ago

Picked up on all of that Alex and DC, still left me underwhelmed...at least as the next 'big' update.
I'll chalk it up to overhyping it in my head and hope the next update gets me as hyped as I was post viewing the E3 vids, which admittedly was when I first took interest in this pin.

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

it's not for everyone.

AND...It's not even F'ing out.

I have NO doubt it's gonna be a GREAT game...in 18 months.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Can't buy the theme but I'm interested if they do well enough to do game 2...unless its Hobbit.

Next will be Sound of Music, followed by Disney Princesses. Send in your deposits now!

#76 11 years ago

Let's not forget a real housewives theme pin

#77 11 years ago

AND...It's not even F'ing out.
I have NO doubt it's gonna be a GREAT game...in 18 months.

Moderator...you can end the thread now...before it turns into complete bullshit.
...I'm going to bed!

animated-gifs-explosions-006.gifanimated-gifs-explosions-006.gif

#78 11 years ago

Let the ranters rant, the game looks amazing!! Even my wife is looking forward to playing it and she hasn't even looked at the pinballs in 10 years!!

Dale

#79 11 years ago

I have to say that the lighting looks spectacular. But that's something i already knew. I'm more curious about seeing some finished software modes. I have a feeling (just a feeling mind you) that it's still has some (a lot?) work there. This latest update has once again nothing even resembling a mode. Just a very nice lightshow. Has anybody some more info on the state of the software? I'm really dying to see the modes and matching lcd animations. In action at the same time, not some random movies on an ipad.

#80 11 years ago

Like Alex said, the video looks to be slowed down. I figured it was obvious but most did not seem to realize that. The speed the ball rolls down a PF is the same speed from game to game. Gravity does not change, just the angle of the PF.

#81 11 years ago

Honestly, I'm not loving the LCD screen. Looks silly in that video I think.

And let's face it, who looks at the screen when you're playing anyway?

Be interesting to play one and see how much the LCD distracts you when you're playing.

You wouldn't want one without the invisiglass, that's for sure ....

Dave.

#82 11 years ago

It looks great!I am anxious to see some real game play.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Be interesting to play one and see how much the LCD distracts you when you're playing.
Dave.

Some people still say the same thing about the DMD, yet look how fast the color DMD's sold out!

Personally I think the LCD looks great, and it was one of the main reasons that I jumped on board in the beginning

Dale

#84 11 years ago

Why does every xmen/woz thread have to turn into bitching. Who the F cares. The fact that there are companies with competing products in pinball and lots of new stuff to be excited about should be a good thing for all.

Think about it, which ever camp you fight for, would you prefer or be better off if the other completely closed shop today? Would pinball be better?

Pinball as a whole and all of us benefit from every last drop that anyone squeezes out of it anywhere, regardless if it's your cup of tea or not.

Pinside, and all these xmen/woz threads, are just becoming this massive pissing match with the same people. It's so annoying.

#85 11 years ago

To me the quality looks top notch, the toys and leds look amazing. I think this will be a great game, but worry if I purchased it the sound would drive me bananas.

I can't wait to see the next pin they choose to make.

#86 11 years ago

I only see a very few people that are just trolling the thread. Wade through those(or use ignore) and I think the varying opinions are great to see. I'm generally a B/W guy so having new titles to talk about, regardless of view, is exciting.

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dave.

I feel the same Dave. I don't know exactly what I was expecting from the LCD, maybe more of the characters in live interactive action with goal accomplishments and scoring? Seeing the screen all divided up in four like this kind of reminds me of my CAD screen at work! A bit disappointing to me, but I hope it doesn't stay in this divided format for the entire game.

The rest of the game looks incredible though, and I'm looking forward to finally getting mine.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Some people still say the same thing about the DMD, yet look how fast the color DMD's sold out!
Personally I think the LCD looks great, and it was one of the main reasons that I jumped on board in the beginning
Dale

I'm all for the LCD, but it does not seem to be integrated very well in this video anyway, the colors and resolution look for from HD quality. I would prefer to see the LCD smaller as well and tallying score. Not crazy about the 4 split screen, I'm sure there is an option to keep it in a single view mode.

#89 11 years ago

I can't think of a better pin theme, music, art, heroic characters with distinct personalities and story lines, a powerful villian conquered against all odds. Seems like Star Wars copied a page or ten from WoZ.

http://www.ozwars.webs.com/

http://www.moongadget.com/origins/oz.html

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'm all for the LCD, but it does not seem to be integrated very well in this video anyway, the colors and resolution look for from HD quality. I would prefer to see the LCD smaller as well and tallying score. Not crazy about the 4 split screen, I'm sure there is an option to keep it in a single view mode.

I'm sorry, but can I vote this as funniest post of the day? Seriously, complaining about the colors and resolution of an LCD screen after they've been captured by the crappy camera of an iPad, in the dark, and then uploaded in low resolution & overcompressed video to YouTube? HA!

All animations/videos are being rendered at HD 720p. The 4-in-1 screen is your standard "playing" screen telling you what's going on (seriously, what a concept - the player will know what they're supposed to be doing!) When something happens, like a new mode, the video goes full-screen.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I'm sorry, but can I vote this as funniest post of the day? Seriously, complaining about the colors and resolution of an LCD screen after they've been captured by the crappy camera of an iPad, in the dark, and then uploaded in low resolution & overcompressed video to YouTube? HA!
All animations/videos are being rendered at HD 720p. The 4-in-1 screen is your standard "playing" screen telling you what's going on (seriously, what a concept - the player will know what they're supposed to be doing!) When something happens, like a new mode, the video goes full-screen.

Then post the F'n video in HD and regular speed. Color aside the LCD looks underwhelming, sorry. I've been on the fence about purchasing one. The LCD is a huge selling point for me, show it off.

#92 11 years ago

Moved to JJP

#93 11 years ago

Oh I hope this game comes out before the end of this year...

#94 11 years ago

Well, from what Jack said I *was* expecting yesterday's video to be HD. Alas.

Also, he's clarified that the machine did not have legs on and was sitting on a cart, so there was no particular pitch.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That was the first thing I noticed too. That is the great thing about using a real LED controller. No flicker, no strobe and almost unlimited brightness levels. That means bulbs can be turned on and off slowly to simulate a real bulb and eliminate the spastic look of LEDs. Also, they can be set to be just the right brightness for each insert or location. This is completely the opposite of the average nightmare LED conversions that we are used to seeing. LEDs are awesome when used correctly...
John

+1.. and of course, the video so far is an LED demo.. so other than for an effect like a jackpot or a special mode i would think we would have proper use of them compared to LED conversions with colors all over the place. Ironically the theme lends itself to color all over so if deemed appropriate by the programmer its available! We can have a glowing insert identifying what to shoot or even a glowing AREA of the playfield.. this is going to be one stunning looking game for sure.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Guys the split screen is showing multiple players. Wow.

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

First off, I have pre-ordered a WOZ and, like some of you mentioned earlier, it too is my first NIB experience.  Honestly speaking though I found this "update" to be terribly underwhelming.  I didn't see anything that wasn't already shown in the E3 videos: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index.html, of which i actually thought showed the game off in a better light (no pun intended), and left me hungry for more.  
While I still can't wait to play, I was hoping for a little (err a lot) more this time around.  Perhaps that's my own fault for overhyping the update in my head, or perhaps the video not quite doing it justice (I actually thought the light show and gameplay showed better in the earlier videos to be blunt), but Jack telling us all week to expect something big and for there to be a new reveal by weeks end, I'm left feeling a little less than inspired.
Oh well...here's to the "next" update I suppose.

I felt the same way molspin. The LCD looked like another frozen image on the screen. I was really hoping for actual gameplay with a functioning LCD display. I'm impressed with the lights and music, they look awesome, but seems like we have seen it before. Didn't see a big reveal IMHO. I was excepting a bigger update than just the GI lights. Disappointed. Oh well, more waiting. 90 days til release? I have my doubts about that. I am sure the game will be great once done but I have completely become deaf to anyone saying the game will be released this month or that month.

#98 11 years ago

So....broaching a subject that nobody has seemed to have asked about or touched on...

Wonder if the LEDs are all SMD on PCBs, or sockets, and if they're user replaceable or not.

Wonder how much one of these controllable RGB wonders is going to cost when it blows....

#99 11 years ago

X-Men owners: "When is the next software release gonna be out?"

WOZ "owners": "When is the next video of the game gonna be out?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 364 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-the-woz-update/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.