Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by dsuperbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Hi all, recently picked up a nice Funhouse! The playfield has typical wear for its age, mylar is lifting in areas, inserts around the clock, are lifting. Looking for a nice reproduction or restored playfield. Suggestions?

#2 8 months ago

Only producer currently is Mirco. Classic Playfield Reproductions, NOS and restored do show up, but not often. Many recommend having corrections, sanding and clearing done to the new Mirco playfields, and if you do a search around here you will see many reasons why. I have seen a Funhouse Mirco and it looked great to me.

#3 8 months ago

Run as fast away from Micro funhouse playfield as you can. See the micro posts and pictures.

#4 8 months ago

Thanks for the advice. Looking for high end

#5 8 months ago

Hit up Ron Kruzman. Best there is.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6 7 months ago

Try to find an IPB repro. Those were the best of the repros hands down.

#7 7 months ago

Well, you're kind of looking for unobtanium I'm afraid. Mirco products are, to be polite and accurate ... extremely hit and miss. I could go on and on about things I've heard and personally witnessed but it adds little to the point. There are people who are happy and had good luck with a Mirco. Your chances of finding a NOS OEM are slim to none not to mention I don't believe CPR ever had a Funhouse repro so your options are nill. I got SUPER lucky and actually found one already cleared by Ron Kruzman and paid out the ass for it, but it's simply beautiful and reliable and I couldn't be happier.

Honestly, I don't know if there's such a thing as a decent used FH playfield. The clock inserts are always raised, the holes are blown out and the right VUK kickout always wears a hole in the playfield. Par for the course the inlay artwork is usually wrecked as well. Send kruzman a message and maybe he can rework your current playfield into something good again. He's a super talented dude and at least you'd be confident the clear wouldn't crack and the playfield components would actually mount the way they're supposed to. My .02

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Totally agree.

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

How do you identify this kind of playfield? Reason I ask is the playfield in my Funhouse was replaced before the guy I bought it from got it. Assume more than 10 years ago by now. The playfield is the prettiest thing I could possibly imagine with no wear anywhere, no scoop damage, no mark in the the playfield from the ball exiting, no artwork damaged or worn, no raised inserts. The thing is basically hard to comprehend to be honest and I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have it. Topside has the Diamond Plate logo on it, but very little else to tell you what it is. And not much to go by underneath unless I missed it.

#10 7 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

How do you identify this kind of playfield? Reason I ask is the playfield in my Funhouse was replaced before the guy I bought it from got it. Assume more than 10 years ago by now. The playfield is the prettiest thing I could possibly imagine with no wear anywhere, no scoop damage, no mark in the the playfield from the ball exiting, no artwork damaged or worn, no raised inserts. The thing is basically hard to comprehend to be honest and I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have it. Topside has the Diamond Plate logo on it, but very little else to tell you what it is. And not much to go by underneath unless I missed it.

IIRC, IPB didn't actually stamp any additional identifier on the playfield unlike Mirco which you can identify by removing the apron. That's where Mirco put his mark.

#11 7 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

IIRC, IPB didn't actually stamp any additional identifier on the playfield unlike Mirco which you can identify by removing the apron. That's where Mirco put his mark.

They didnt, but they did add the diamond plate logo. The only real way to tell is if you get one that isnt dimpled. IPB games had to be dimpled and t nutted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Park Ridge, IL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-best-quality-funhouse-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.