• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0018.jpg
IMAG0199.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I'm about To place an order for parts and want to buy some LED's. This will be my first time using LED's. I think I'm going to put them in High Speed. I'd like to stay under $40 to start with. Has anyone ever LEDed HS? If so what did you use. If not what would you use? Suggested placement, brand, type, etc. Trying to get the most bang for my buck for $40. I've seen on eBay you can buy 100 LED's and mix n match colors for $60. Anyone ever use these? As always, thanks for the opinions, advice and help.

#2 12 years ago

I bought 100 leds from pinball life http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=192&pg=1 just one color for $27.00. Put them in the inserts on my road kings.

IMAG0199.jpgIMAG0199.jpg IMAG0018.jpgIMAG0018.jpg I ordered from cointaker some for spy hunter and it ran about $90 with discount. I did match color to insert.

#3 12 years ago

Many different way and styles. If you are in a low light game room be careful with the ultra brights. In a well lit game room they look great but if it is dark they can be blinding especially in G.I.

I would color match with the 170 deg from PBL for the inserts. They are cheap .39 and look great. For darker/larger inserts you may want more light. G.I. is up to you. I remember my getaway being very bright with the standard bulbs but again, my game room is pretty dark.

#4 12 years ago

I use the concave whites from pinball life in most things. They have a blue hue to them which can make yellow inserts look odd, but otherwise they are all around bulb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.