(Topic ID: 345568)

Labyrinth owners club - Give me the Child!

By u2sean

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,253 posts
  • 202 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by nwpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tilt bob (resized).jpg
438196228_1084798152593104_5909882289470841351_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240209_201211894_exported_35562 (resized).jpg
IMG_8465_exported_11941 (resized).jpg
IMG_3565 (resized).jpeg
pinballimage (resized).png
ezgif-1-f73e813750.gif
IMB_C1LtUI.gif
IMG_0566 (2) (resized).png
IMG_3433 (resized).png
IMG_3543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1842 (resized).jpeg
20240417_192422 (resized).jpg
20240417_214455 (resized).jpg
20240417_220229 (resized).jpg
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 46.
#1451 62 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get it in position. Then the nut to tighten the pawl to the flipper shaft. Tighten the F! out of it.
LTG : )

I love your technical terms Lloyd!

#1452 62 days ago

Hey all, I skimmed the forum thread and did a quick search but I haven't seen this yet... sorry if it's been asked and answered. Has anyone had problems with the "c clip" on the plunger clipping the top of the kicker bracket on the auto plunger? It just grazes it but it's enough to rob the manual plunge of a ton of power. I temporarily "fixed" it by putting a thick piece of foam tape between the mounting plate and the plunger (see below) which worked by making the top of the bracket sit ever so slightly higher, but the foam is degrading quickly and the problem has returned. I'm working on a more permanent fix of my own, but first I wanted to see if this is a) a known issue that others are experiencing or if I'm just lucky that way, and b) if there's an accepted solution for it before I sink too much time into my own. Thanks in advance!

Video of the issue: https://vimeo.com/916900977
PXL_20240131_221631842.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240131_221631842.MP (resized).jpg

#1453 62 days ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

if there's an accepted solution for it before I sink too much time into my own. Thanks in advance!

"C" clip too big ? Plunger housing needing adjusting ? ( three screws inside cabinet, loosen, move around, tighten )

#1454 62 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

"C" clip too big ? Plunger housing needing adjusting ? ( three screws inside cabinet, loosen, move around, tighten )

Yep, it was the plunger housing. I've been dealing with this for a month and I don't know why it never occurred to me before just now. I came back here to post my findings and saw your reply and you were spot on. The plunger housing was mounted too high. Just had to loosen up the three screws, slide it down ever so slightly, and tighten it back up. Works perfect now.

#1455 62 days ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey all, I skimmed the forum thread and did a quick search but I haven't seen this yet... sorry if it's been asked and answered. Has anyone had problems with the "c clip" on the plunger clipping the top of the kicker bracket on the auto plunger? It just grazes it but it's enough to rob the manual plunge of a ton of power. I temporarily "fixed" it by putting a thick piece of foam tape between the mounting plate and the plunger (see below) which worked by making the top of the bracket sit ever so slightly higher, but the foam is degrading quickly and the problem has returned. I'm working on a more permanent fix of my own, but first I wanted to see if this is a) a known issue that others are experiencing or if I'm just lucky that way, and b) if there's an accepted solution for it before I sink too much time into my own. Thanks in advance!
Video of the issue: https://vimeo.com/916900977
[quoted image]

Only had my Laby set up since Saturday, but I noticed and on again/off again super weak plunge.

I’ll confirm, but I’ll bet this is it.

After about 10 games the right lower flipper also became droopy. So looks like I need to align and tighten it.

Gives me my first excuse to lift the playfield and check out what’s under the hood!

#1456 62 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Only had my Laby set up since Saturday, but I noticed and on again/off again super weak plunge.
I’ll confirm, but I’ll bet this is it.
After about 10 games the right lower flipper also became droopy. So looks like I need to alight and tighten it.
Gives me my first excuse to lift the playfield and check out what’s under the hood!

The e clip on the plunger was hitting the auto launcher. I loosened the screws and it dropped down far enough so that it no longer hits. Both plunge and auto kicker work fine now.

#1457 61 days ago

The new friends have arrived! Can’t wait to get installed tomorrow!

IMG_3345 (resized).jpegIMG_3345 (resized).jpeg
#1458 61 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

The new friends have arrived! Can’t wait to get installed tomorrow![quoted image]

We are going to do the same thing with our backglass. Where did you get the box or did you make it? I figured I would just make one but unsure on how to light it.

#1459 60 days ago

Anyone here or anyone reading from BOF on here happen to know if toppers will be available for sale at Texas Pinball Festival?

#1460 60 days ago

Also, related...if we paid in full for topper in October, are they warehousing it for us until game ships? I didn't think they could really shoot together but maybe won't about that.

#1461 60 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Also, related...if we paid in full for topper in October, are they warehousing it for us until game ships? I didn't think they could really shoot together but maybe won't about that.

I believe they will be shipping the topper and other accessories with games going forward. Im just waiting for my email saying my game has shipped from my distro.

#1462 60 days ago

I hope this means I'm close to getting an invoice. I'm #724 so fingers crossed for this spring per their delivery updates.

PXL_20240227_134846730 (resized).jpgPXL_20240227_134846730 (resized).jpg
#1463 60 days ago

That's classy of BOF. Well done.

Quoted from maastersplinter:

I hope this means I'm close to getting an invoice. I'm #724 so fingers crossed for this spring per their delivery updates.

#1464 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No allen head bolt on these. Just a nut to crank tight.
[quoted image]

The entire pawl/clamp is a terrible design. The metal is just too soft and the bolt will bend. If you ever have to replace a flipper it's unlikely the clamp will hold tight a second time. It's even worse with Precision flippers - I had a conversation with the guy who makes them and he said about 50% of his buyers have issues with the clamp not holding. I can personally attest to this having installed 6 sets of Precisions (all with brand new flipper rebuild-kits) and almost all had issues with the flippers slipping.

#1465 60 days ago

Still hopeful for the miracle call to run to Houston before tomorrow. Would be amazing to have it for my Belles league event.

If not, I guess I'll just have to run a second one.

#1466 60 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Toppers are already shipping out with new games, in the same box.

#1467 60 days ago

#92 showed up here last week.
Very impressed with bang for buck by modern comparisons.
We've put 150 ish plays on machine since last Thursday.
I've had to tinker some with left scoops power, turn them down 1 notch.
Bend the left ramp out a bit as it was rubbing and ramp flap would get stuck up.
Normal adjustments.
Its a thing of beauty. Light shows, animations, call outs really put you in the thematic universe.

Leaving topper on attract mode, scared our children. They though that there were people in the house. We told them we had a goblin infestation.

We did have to take the plumb Bob out, eventually lowering it to barely there,and increasing the tilt settle time to 2500. On original settings with tighter tilts, the game would blow through the warnings and tilt immediately. When that happened and ball drained it would get stuck on tilt screen and would stay there for 3 or 4 ball searches. Like it wasn't realizing ball had drained.
Now with modifications it hasn't done that. But still worth mentioning. ,

Game is tough but fun.. Out lanes are starving. One bad bounce and it puts the kibosh on a great game/ball.
Is there a right outline ball save?
Most frustrating thing (consensus amongst all who've played) in game is no mode progression. Lose the ball and mode is over, no way to circle back and get orb.
Most we've been able to get through is 3 modes with only 1 orb. Collecting another orb from friends multi ball.

Game definitely makes you better, you have to be patient while playing.

So far so good other wise.
My boards haven't blown up,
Nothing mechanical has broken with the plays we've put on it.
Everything came connected amd wired as it should be.

Were very happy with our purchase.

Resized_20240221_125507 (resized).jpegResized_20240221_125507 (resized).jpeg
#1468 60 days ago

I think this is fitting:

#1469 60 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The entire pawl/clamp is a terrible design.

That has been successful in commercial use for about 40 years.

Quoted from arzoo:

If you ever have to replace a flipper it's unlikely the clamp will hold tight a second time.

If wear and tear means you have to replace a flipper. Time for a new plunger assembly anyway. ( and coil stop and coil sleeve )

#1470 60 days ago
Quoted from maastersplinter:

[quoted image]

Pretty sure a few pages back they said that they were only going to get to something like #704 invoice by the end of march.. there are apparently quite a few distro invoices with many games.

#1471 60 days ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Pretty sure a few pages back they said that they were only going to get to something like #704 invoice by the end of march.. there are apparently quite a few distro invoices with many games.

What date did you purchase? I am early December and it is expected summer or fall.

#1472 60 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

What date did you purchase? I am early December and it is expected summer or fall.

I got my game just over a week ago. I ordered late the night orders opened.. was order 670-something.

#1473 60 days ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:I got my game just over a week ago. I ordered late the night orders opened.. was order 670-something.

I ordered day 3. #836 and I am expecting it "who knows when they won't provide any estimate or even machine #".

Your dealer told you that? I find that dealers just make stuff up when it comes to timeline not from Stern (stern has a good idea of their production schedule for a year out).
As far as I know BOF hasn't given any updates for orders past march (#708 by end of march)

#1474 60 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

That has been successful in commercial use for about 40 years.

Or operators have just worked with it for 40 years. I prefer the Data East design personally.

#1475 60 days ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

#92 showed up here last week.
Very impressed with bang for buck by modern comparisons.
We've put 150 ish plays on machine since last Thursday.
I've had to tinker some with left scoops power, turn them down 1 notch.
Bend the left ramp out a bit as it was rubbing and ramp flap would get stuck up.
Normal adjustments.
Its a thing of beauty. Light shows, animations, call outs really put you in the thematic universe.
Leaving topper on attract mode, scared our children. They though that there were people in the house. We told them we had a goblin infestation.
We did have to take the plumb Bob out, eventually lowering it to barely there,and increasing the tilt settle time to 2500. On original settings with tighter tilts, the game would blow through the warnings and tilt immediately. When that happened and ball drained it would get stuck on tilt screen and would stay there for 3 or 4 ball searches. Like it wasn't realizing ball had drained.
Now with modifications it hasn't done that. But still worth mentioning. ,
Game is tough but fun.. Out lanes are starving. One bad bounce and it puts the kibosh on a great game/ball.
Is there a right outline ball save?
Most frustrating thing (consensus amongst all who've played) in game is no mode progression. Lose the ball and mode is over, no way to circle back and get orb.
Most we've been able to get through is 3 modes with only 1 orb. Collecting another orb from friends multi ball.
Game definitely makes you better, you have to be patient while playing.
So far so good other wise.
My boards haven't blown up,
Nothing mechanical has broken with the plays we've put on it.
Everything came connected amd wired as it should be.
Were very happy with our purchase.[quoted image]

Congrats! Love the outfit.

#1476 60 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I ordered day 3. #836 and I am expecting it "who knows when they won't provide any estimate or even machine #".

Your dealer told you that? I find that dealers just make stuff up when it comes to timeline not from Stern (stern has a good idea of their production schedule for a year out).
As far as I know BOF hasn't given any updates for orders past march (#708 by end of march)

It’s my rough guess estimate on where i think I fall in line and where BOF has stated expected game output velocity. Of course I could be completely wrong and I am waiting a year from now.

#1477 60 days ago

My detailed thoughts coming soon..

IMG_4698 (resized).jpegIMG_4698 (resized).jpeg
#1478 60 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

We have worked through we "think" all of the topper orders for games that have shipped and a few topper orders for folks who only ordered the topper. If your topper order is on your machine order or you have 2 orders in the system, we are putting all of those toppers with the machine as it does not change your shipping amount for the machine. We can ship your topper early but it's a $50 shipping charge for domestic orders. If you want us to do this, please contact us via our Technical Support page at kollectfun.com and we will invoice you and get it out.

#1479 60 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Still hopeful for the miracle call to run to Houston before tomorrow. Would be amazing to have it for my Belles league event.
If not, I guess I'll just have to run a second one.

If you ordered through a Distributor, we think they are shipping just like we are, by order date sequence. We don't know where anyone falls in a Distributors sequence. Please check with them. If you know what invoice number your order is on (or personal invoice number) you can keep checking our News page each month as we will continue to update what invoices we are working on for the next couple of months. Thanks for your patience, the goblins are working as fast as they can!

#1480 60 days ago

Hey BoF guys -might be a question you can't really answer right now, but just wondering when some overseas games might go (Australia specifically)?

#1481 60 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Hey BoF guys -might be a question you can't really answer right now, but just wondering when some overseas games might go (Australia specifically)?

Did we chat on my livestream?

#1482 60 days ago

I bought the Stern Spike 2 backlit frame from Lit Frames. It wasn’t cheap @ $199 but really happy with the quality and look.

Quoted from SpyroFTW:

We are going to do the same thing with our backglass. Where did you get the box or did you make it? I figured I would just make one but unsure on how to light it.

#1483 60 days ago

My wife totally geeked out doing the goblin’s hair. Their constant chatter cracks me up.

One question, the heavier shooter rod seems to have lost its oomp compared to stock. Do I just need to update the stock sprint to something a bit stronger?

IMG_3356 (resized).jpegIMG_3356 (resized).jpegIMG_3360 (resized).jpegIMG_3360 (resized).jpegIMG_3361 (resized).jpegIMG_3361 (resized).jpegIMG_3371 (resized).jpegIMG_3371 (resized).jpeg

#1484 60 days ago
Quoted from RetroGamer74:

My wife totally geeked out doing the goblin’s hair. Their constant chatter cracks me up.
One question, the heavier shooter rod seems to have lost its oomp compared to stock. Do I just need to update the stock sprint to something a bit stronger?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Rotate the shooter so it faces down. Seemed to help ours.

#1485 60 days ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barrels-of-fun-pinball-is-the-best-at-customer-service

These guys deserve all the praise and then some. Feel free to add your comments to let folks know BoF is the best.

#1486 60 days ago
Quoted from dashv:

Did we chat on my livestream?

Ha ha nah that wasn't me it must have been some other aussie fella.

#1487 59 days ago
Quoted from BSavage:

We have worked through we "think" all of the topper orders for games that have shipped and a few topper orders for folks who only ordered the topper. If your topper order is on your machine order or you have 2 orders in the system, we are putting all of those toppers with the machine as it does not change your shipping amount for the machine. We can ship your topper early but it's a $50 shipping charge for domestic orders. If you want us to do this, please contact us via our Technical Support page at kollectfun.com and we will invoice you and get it out.

I'm assuming all orders (direct or from distro) ship from the factory, yes? Do the distros set the shipping cost or is it purely based on distance/location? Reason I asked is because when I first started looking to order I had shipping estimates from different distros that varied by as much as $100.

#1488 59 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm assuming all orders (direct or from distro) ship from the factory, yes? Do the distros set the shipping cost or is it purely based on distance/location? Reason I asked is because when I first started looking to order I had shipping estimates from different distros that varied by as much as $100.

Curious too. Shipping with FlipNOut was $690 even though I'm only two hours away from the factory. Zach said I can pick it up and refund the shipping. Made me think the shipping is a either flat rate or they are shipping it all the way to the distributor and then to the customer.

#1489 59 days ago

So now that i’m back in the club after missing a few code updates…

epthegeek any chance we can get an equalizer for the audio?

im getting more mids than highs right now. sub can be adjusted and is fine by me. tracks (callouts, toppers, sound effects) can be dialed in. i would just love to be able to make those kenwoods really shine.

two things of note:
1-my stock speakers and audio board havent changed, i think. i dont think they tweaked that while they had it! but i say that to say the audio was perfect before it left.
2-i tested the source by plugging in my iphone to the board, like i do to dial in my pinwoofers. the iphone produced similar audio quality, with mids stronger than highs and not as crisp as they should be. so i’m assuming it’s the board that’s doing this.

im a nut about the audio on everything so it may seem like nitpicking, but i notice a definite, pronounced difference before it left to when it came back.

theoretically i could roll the code back and see if it is a code thing or what.

thoughts anyone else?

#1490 59 days ago

Recent update posted today on invoices/shipments:

Latest News

2/29/24

SHIPPING UPDATE: We will be shipping orders up to Invoice 716 between now and the end of April. We know that’s like last month, only a few more invoices have been added in but…. again there are several Distributor’s orders that have a lot of games on one invoice. Thanks for your patience!

My order was placed direct on 10/14 and I have invoice 708, which is slated for end of March by their previous update.

#1491 59 days ago

Current labyrinth production info pieced together from the threads:

Current production rate: 14/week (as of Feb 22)
Last known game produced: #100

Estimated direct order# (not game#) reached by date:
2/29 - #702
3/31 - #708
4/30 - #716

Known orders#:
#5xx 10/13 (orders started in 500s?)
#568 10/13 - ready to pick up 11/8 (pin #21)
#593 10/13
#672 10/14? - delivered 2/22 (pin #89)
#708 10/14
#724 10/14
#730 10/14? Mr Pinball (Australia dealer) - ?
#768 10/15 2:13pm
#836 10/16 4:30pm
#950 10/20
#970 10/21
October 22 - 150 direct sold out.
#1105? 10/26? distributor order (cust ordered through dist 10/26 and was given this order #)

Day 1: So it looks like they are now (or almost) through the day 1 orders, about 100 machines were ordered around day 1.
We know order #716 must have been on day 2, and we know machine #100 is already shipped. Based on current production rate I assume their planning on shipping at least 60 games a month in March and April. By end of April they don't even plan to be through day 2 orders. So they must have sold more than 220 games by day 2. And based on my order number being over 100 past #716 I assume over 300 machines by day 3. not bad.

I find it interesting that it seems like at least 120 machines were ordered across just 14 orders, which also has the possibility to have single direct orders or even just accessory orders mixed in. That means a lot of dealers put in orders at the end of day 1, early day 2, and were ordering 9.5 games on average (9.5 assuming no individual or accessory orders, so dealers likely ordering more than 9.5 on average).

Anyway, that's all i can extrapolate with the data i found.

#1492 59 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

2/29 - #702
3/31 - #708
4/30 - #716
Known orders#:
#593 10/13
#708 10/14
#724 10/14
#730 - 10/14? Mr Pinball (Australia dealer) - ?
#950 October 20
Day 1: So it looks like they are now (or almost) through the day 1 orders, about 100 machines were ordered around day 1.
We know order #716 must have been on day 2, and we know machine #100 is already shipped. Based on current production rate I assume their planning on shipping at least 60 games a month in March and April. By end of April they don't even plan to be through day 2 orders. So they must have sold more than 220 games by day 2. And based on my order number being over 100 past #716 I assume over 300 machines by day 3. not bad.
I find it interesting that it seems like at least 120 machines were ordered across just 14 orders, which also has the possibility to have single direct orders or even just accessory orders mixed in. That means a lot of dealers put in orders at the end of day 1, early day 2, and were ordering 9.5 games on average (9.5 assuming no individual or accessory orders, so dealers likely ordering more than 9.5 on average).

They did mention at some point that half the game allotment was sold (550) games. We could take that date, but I don’t recall when or where it was said, to get more info

#1493 59 days ago

They did mention at some point that half the game allotment was sold (550) games. We could take that date, but I don’t recall when or where it was said, to get more info

I remember seeing that too, That info was on their website but looks like it may have been removed? I believe it was around mid Nov or so.. I ordered late Nov, and based on that statement always figured I'm in the 500-600 range.

BTW I love seeing all the owners post pictures! thank you for doing so, cant wait to post my own

#1494 59 days ago

I am getting super antsy in anticipation for our game. Its really hard not to reach out to my distro and see what they think. I was in the group expecting delivery towards the end of Feb into Mar. Im told patience is a virtue though. While I dont have any room for the topper, Im hopeful that Xmas will be kind to me and deliver some goblins.

#1495 59 days ago

These guys are at another level. Customer service is like from another time. I dig that and thought it was gone for good.

I wish one day companies are going to realize that loyalty and taking care of people means something.

Glad i'm in since the very beginning and sure hope in 10 years these guys are going to have a lot of pins everywhere.

#1496 59 days ago

I ordered through a distributor on Oct 26th.
Recently was provided an invoice # of 1105 with a rough projection of a September build date.

I am totally chill with waiting until the Fall. Heck I waited over 12 months for my R&M (#427) when they came out.
Looking forward to having this in my collection, as I have not heard any serious criticisms to date.

#1497 59 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

2/29 - #702
3/31 - #708
4/30 - #716
Known orders#:
#593 10/13
#708 10/14
#724 10/14
#730 - 10/14? Mr Pinball (Australia dealer) - ?
#950 October 20

Additional data point:
Order 568 was machine 021.

Some order numbers are for accessories. My order 571 was for the add ons.

#1498 59 days ago

ordered through distributor the first few hours of day 1 and still nothing.

#1499 59 days ago

Owners with the game and topper.. is it possible to fold the head down while the topper is installed?

I plan to use the machine at home for awhile then transport it to my location, curious if the whole thing has to be uninstalled first?
Would that cause any stress on the topper etc..

#1500 59 days ago

i was 604.

Quoted from DragonPin:

Owners with the game and topper.. is it possible to fold the head down while the topper is installed?
I plan to use the machine at home for awhile then transport it to my location, curious if the whole thing has to be uninstalled first?
Would that cause any stress on the topper etc..

it is screwed on, so technically yes.

edi: no dont do this lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
There are 2,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/labyrinth-owners-club-give-me-the-child/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.