Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kiss-last-pic.jpg
kiss-dsc00777.jpg
kiss-dsc00765.jpg
kiss-dsc00737.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Ha, 1.05 posted so they can add support for the topper. It does't do anything else. Does anyone see the irony where an update is released to soley support a topper, but not to fix bugs in this game or others?

Rob

#2 8 years ago

I don't think you know what irony is.

#3 8 years ago

Diss

#4 8 years ago

What's the problem? They are not ready to release a regular update, but they want our toppers to be able to be fully functional when we get them this week. I suppose the OP would rather us wait until Halloween to use our toppers? Smh....Stern just can't win no matter what they do.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

What's the problem? They are not ready to release a regular update, but they want our toppers to be able to be fully functional when we get them this week. I suppose the OP would rather us wait until Halloween to use our toppers? Smh....Stern just can't win no matter what they do.

No problem, glad your topper will work for you. I just wish Stern had the same priority to get things done for other games.

Rob

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No problem, glad your topper will work for you. I just wish Stern had the same priority to get things done for other games.
Rob

Lonnie did code. So it's done. I'm so down on Lonnie and his work.

#7 8 years ago

Can't order the topper on the Stern site............

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

All their resources are dedicated to fixing the Thor flasher bug on Avengers!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Can't order the topper on the Stern site............

Distributors have them. Mine was shipped today.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All their resources are dedicated to fixing the Thor flasher bug on Avengers!

Lonnie games rarely get fixed. Why?

#11 8 years ago
#12 8 years ago

V1.05 - Sept. 21, 2015
=======================
- Added support for the KISS topper.
- Added support for external ticket dispenser for redemption pinball for beta testing.

That's all I saw in this update as well. What did I miss?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Lonnie games rarely get fixed. Why?

I think it's more accurate to say Lyman games seem to get more updates, why?

IMHO it's not on Lonnie or anyone else, and more about how Stern the company prioritizes. Remember they care about running the line. Keep the factory pumping. Not fixing code on games they've sold already and don't make anymore and won't see a dime from.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not fixing code on games they've sold already and don't make anymore and won't see a dime from

"Won't see a dime from" is not true at all. The code updates ultimately make a huge difference in game sales for Stern. It may not be for the game that received the code update, but knowing that Game X and Game Y are now awesome spurs buyers to keep buying Stern games -> even other new games that are just coming out. If Metallica and AC/DC and Tron had never gotten their updates, Stern would not be selling as many Kiss machines. The code updates that create the final version of the games are a HUGE reason for Sterns reputation/image as it is today - even though there is an image of not enough code updates. If you took away the updates that they have done, the games would not be as well regarded and subsequently neither would the company.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

"Won't see a dime from" is not true at all. The code updates ultimately make a huge difference in game sales for Stern.

I agree with you, 100%. It's not clear Stern sees it that way.

#16 8 years ago

And the crowd goes wil..........................................

#17 8 years ago

I saw this thread and was like WOOOO HOOOO! I wondered why there were so few posts about it and then read a few posts and I was crushed to learn it was for the Kiss on top of Kiss topper. DAAAAAAAAAMN!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from fliperz:

I saw this thread and was like WOOOO HOOOO! I wondered why there were so few posts about it and then read a few posts and I was crushed to learn it was for the Kiss on top of Kiss topper. DAAAAAAAAAMN!

Well then get the mezelmods KISS back glass mod and save yourself 320 bucks and an update......lol

#19 8 years ago

Lyman games get updated and code enhanced due to his dedication to his games, not Stern telling him to. He readily accepts player feedback as well. Hence why I made Metallica my first Stern N.I.B purchase.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Lyman games get updated and code enhanced due to his dedication to his games, not Stern telling him to. He readily accepts player feedback as well. Hence why I made Metallica my first Stern N.I.B purchase.

Which was my entire point, and yet for some reason you downvoted me?

#21 8 years ago

Warning to all who ordered a topper, got mine today, as soon as I plugged the usb cable into the topper, the port broke off. I didn't really apply any pressure at all. Plug the usb cable in very gently! Other than that it seems to be a very high quality piece. Now I have to wait until Monday.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Warning to all who ordered a topper, got mine today, as soon as I plugged the usb cable into the topper, the port broke off. I didn't really apply any pressure at all. Plug the usb cable in very gently! Other than that it seems to be a very high quality piece. Now I have to wait until Monday.

Post a vid of game play with the topper if u can

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

V1.05 - Sept. 21, 2015
=======================
- Added support for the KISS topper.
- Added support for external ticket dispenser for redemption pinball for beta testing.
That's all I saw in this update as well. What did I miss?

Still testing tickets??

#24 8 years ago

Kiss Topper Video Installation and Game Play

Blog : https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/kiss-pinball-topper-game-play-and-installation/

Website : http://www.pinballsupernova.com/kiss%20topper%20install.html

kiss-dsc00737.jpgkiss-dsc00737.jpg
kiss-dsc00765.jpgkiss-dsc00765.jpg
kiss-dsc00777.jpgkiss-dsc00777.jpg
kiss-last-pic.jpgkiss-last-pic.jpg

#25 8 years ago

Topper looks very cool. I like your wall decorations and posters. Love that Arcade sign, is there a source for those?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Topper looks very cool. I like your wall decorations and posters. Love that Arcade sign, is there a source for those?

Thx Chet. Wall decorations came from posters that were posted on Pinside for different tournaments. I printed them on a color printer and mounted on cardboard stock. The posters to the right, Twilight Zone and Cirquis Voltaire - Received those for free when I bought my Funhouse pinball machine. The person was super cool, was getting rid of his whole collection and gave me the pics. I have a Medieval also which looks super cool.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Love that Arcade sign, is there a source for those?

Hobby Lobby usually has the arcade sign.

#28 8 years ago

Thanks, I will check HL out, one is 10 minutes from my house. Probably located where they have all the other sign stuff, but I always have a problem finding anything in there.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

That's friggin' ironic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-105-posted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.