(Topic ID: 5010)

Just played Fish Tales for the first time...

By GoBlue

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WH20_-July_4th.jpg
    Fish_Tales_has_arrived,,.jpg
    Fish_Tales_on_the_way_HOME_!!!.jpg
    WH20_1.jpg
    FT_tomdotcom.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Couldn't get the hang of Fish Tales... balls were draining left and right... only tried a couple of times... haha. Not sure if I should give it another shot.

#2 12 years ago

It's a tough game, but that's the best part about it Once you get good at the lock shot, you can really rack up some high scores with the 100million super jackpot.

Here's my best score on my machine with factory settings, 3 ball, and lightning flippers.

FT_tomdotcom.jpgFT_tomdotcom.jpg

#3 12 years ago

That's an impressive score TOM... I bow to your Fish Tales superiority.

#4 12 years ago

Fish Tales is a great pinball machine. Still can find them at descent prices too....Fun pinball game with alot going on too.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks Jay, I saw a score of over 2 billion from a kid over on Pinbash. So I really tried my best one night to just concentrate on Supers...this is what I ended with. My best score before this was 600+million...

#6 12 years ago

That looks like a "tall tale", was the glass on the machine? Kidding because that is the only way I could do that.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

That looks like a "tall tale", was the glass on the machine?

Don't forget the extra rubbers on the outlanes too!

#8 12 years ago

Fish Tales is an excellent fast & fun game. It was the first machine that I owned and I had a lot of great games on it.

It does drain a lot, that's part of how it is, especially off those side fish targets and the centre captive ball. Just avoid hitting those unless you have to. Super Jackpots are hard to get, but really boost up the score when you get them. I loved making those repeat looping criss-cross boat shots. The music can get annoying after a while though. The video mode is great fun, one of the best in pinball as you shoot those pesky water-skiiers.

I would like to own another one sometime in the future, this time with the flapping fish topper and an unfaded cabinet.

#9 12 years ago

amazing score tom. i got 450 mill with modified super easy settings.

#10 12 years ago

Great score - amazing actually

I have unfaded with topper and I am struggling to let it go - want SS and WH20.

Before judging FT, you need to have experienced video mode ( best ever ), feeding frenzy, rock the boat and monster fish.

As a home pin, great bang for buck and great pin for quick games!

#11 12 years ago

Where r u located Simon? Been looking for a FT for awhile, I'm in central PA.

Vr, Ryan

#12 12 years ago

When I said struggling to let it go, that really is the case! So, much so, it has gone from a pin I was only going to keep a short time, to a possible keeper!

Must be something wrong with me as I prefer it to MM!!!!!!

#13 12 years ago

Love this game and all its brutality!! I guess im a sucker for punishment cause i also love Dracula (even more) and this to is a killer hard game. These games need easier games around it in a to balance the collection otherwise on there own you may just end up putting your fist through it!

#14 12 years ago

love FT. Has a very high "excitement factor" when I'm trying to get those Super jackpots. A huge rush!

#15 12 years ago

It took me 5 years to get the super jackpot on FT. I guess I just suck at pinball.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Before judging FT, you need to have experienced video mode ( best ever ), feeding frenzy, rock the boat and monster fish.

Totally agree!

#16 12 years ago

FT is a Cool Pin.. I actually liked it.. The video mode i Liked.. Shooting Torpedo's at ski'ers and Boat's.. I sold FT and WH20 to a Guy on a Combo Deal.. If i Only had More Space...

WH20_1.jpgWH20_1.jpg Fish_Tales_on_the_way_HOME_!!!.jpgFish_Tales_on_the_way_HOME_!!!.jpg Fish_Tales_has_arrived,,.jpgFish_Tales_has_arrived,,.jpg WH20_-July_4th.jpgWH20_-July_4th.jpg

#17 12 years ago

damn BR, your Fish Tales had a nice cab on it! ours looks like a faded dog turd on a bad stretch of road.

"Wow, what a beauty!"

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Must be something wrong with me as I prefer it to MM!!!!!!

Me too, I thought a fishing game sounded boring until I got one in a swap deal and absolutely loved it. The monster fish shot and other timed elements are the coolest.

#19 12 years ago

And whilst I have mixed views on LED's, they really do work on FT. Purple and green Noflix plus add to the light show. I had only intended to keep this game a few weeks! Probably play it more than any other game including AFM but I do like AFM better.......but I play FT more!!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

damn BR, your Fish Tales had a nice cab on it! ours looks like a faded dog turd on a bad stretch of road.

"Wow, what a beauty!"

Thank's bro,, I sold FT & WH20 to TidalwDave , 3 day's after he Banned me the 3rd tyme on The Bash.. There's Mainly 5 Panzie's on that site that have a prob- w/ me.. They run that mouth, and Think I'm Not gonna retaliate.. Yea,,, I Still have Alot of friend's there and am Invited to their Pinball Bashes.. It's All cool !!!

#21 12 years ago

FT plays great when in good condition and funny when all worn out.

#22 12 years ago

I should just add if I played this on location it would kill me!!

Tonight, I could swear there was invisible film blocking the criss cross ramp......this game can be brutal at times, no wonder if it always at tournaments!!

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Yea,,, I Still have Alot of friend's there and am Invited to their Pinball Bashes.. It's All cool !!!

You going to the Bash in October?
    I'll be there with DW.

#24 12 years ago

My first couple of games on FT were pretty good. I got the Monster Fish award on my second game as well as an extra ball. Unfortunately I completely forgot about the Caster's Club and thus never achieved multiball. Bye bye big points!

#25 12 years ago

My first game on FT was decent as I received the extra ball award. However, I was one shot away from multiball when the ball went straight down the middle.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-played-fish-tales-for-the-first-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.