Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ronlisa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So I traded away my LOTR for a NIB Decepticon Transformers (was delivered last night). I tried it out for the first time this morning, and had a few questions that maybe some of you can answer....

shaker motor - while it works and it is on max, I don't see the amount of shaking that Tron, IM, or even Avatar has. Very little of it and it seems weak.....is this normal?

Does the sound system suck? Seems like there's little base coming out ... my other Sterns sound way better (even RBION).

megatron hole - sometimes if four balls go down, they get stuck......any fix for this?

mini Playfield - the ball goes up it, it moves side to side, then when the ball reaches the bottom, it just sits there until the timer runs out.......is this how it works?

Is there a skill shot (like Party Zone)? I know it has the lame hit the lane that is lit, but to the right of those two lanes is another one, but it doesn't seem to do anything other than roll into the megatron scoop.... is that all it does?

Anyone have an ideas for cool tweaks or mods?

I haven't installed the fix pack yet nor updated the software (that is tonight). The air balls off the drop are awful (I disabled the drop for now)

Thanks in advance for any input

#2 11 years ago

Updating the software will probably fix some of your issues like the Mini PF gate. From hearing other owners the game requires a lot of adjustments to get it playing correctly. I never put the time into trying to dial mine in before selling it. Im sure a few TF owners will chime in with some ideas to get it playing correctly. Good Luck with your new game.

#3 11 years ago

I have been considering picking up a nib transformers for a long time, will be interested in hearing your feedback after you have owned it for awhile. Based on this post, doesn't look like a good start.

#4 11 years ago

I didn't mention the backglass light that flickers a few times, then never comes on (since I know how to fix that)

So far I like the game, but those minor things I posted about are annoying (mainly the balls getting stuck in the Megatron hole).

#5 11 years ago

Can you get your LOTR back?

-Shaker: Should be really shakey

-Sound: Should be good...all the new SAM Sterns pins good IMO.

-Ironhide PF: If it's not moving the ball up, the IH figure is likely dragging on the backboard. You can try bending the board back a bit and/or shave off some plastic from IH's elbows. If he touches that backboard, you'll lose the ability to shake the ball upwards.

-Megatron trough: Try bending it wider...make sure there's a little play for the balls to move. Also, if you set your game steeper than 6.5, it won't work right u less you add some washers under it to increase the slope. The washers go under the part of the trough closest to the scoop hole.

Obviously you should update and install the airball fix.

#6 11 years ago

>> Also, if you set your game steeper than 6.5, it won't work right u less you add some washers under it to increase the slope.

Ding ding! I think you solved that problem
    I've got my front legs as low as possible and my rear ones as high as possible

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

>> Also, if you set your game steeper than 6.5, it won't work right u less you add some washers under it to increase the slope.
    Ding ding! I think you solved that problem
    I've got my front legs as low as possible and my rear ones as high as possible

Get the washers in there, that will take care of it.... All my games are setup this way including Transformers. I may have 1 in 100 games where the 4 balls sit there briefly....Nudging takes care of it....

Transformers is the most pure fun I have had with pinball in quite awhile. The honeymoon hasn't worn off yet, and I really enjoy the game a lot more than I want to...My intention was to play it for awhile and rotate it out like I do just about everything else, but this one has grown on me...

#8 11 years ago

Yea megatron works best with level pf. I recommend 7deg pitch with 2 washers under each side of the front of megatron screws to compensate the level. I have a pic somewhere and will post if I can find.

Shaker doesn't sound right. Test it diag and see how it shakes.

Ironhide pf. The wire that goes to the control gate sometimes snags, give it a tiny bit of slack. The better fix is just removing the control gate and making your own software adjustments in the settings to compensate.

Update and install drop target fix. Game looks and plays way better with it.

3 skill shots - 1 is normal roll over lanes; super skill shot is shot into back of megatron. Third is hold left flipper plunge all the way around to left flipper and hit ironhide ramp.

I also recommend runners on outlane posts and outlanes in middle or wide open - not tight, game is too easy.

Enjoy and congrats!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I also recommend runners on outlane posts and outlanes in middle or wide open - not tight, game is too easy.

I COMPLETELY disagree with this

#10 11 years ago

Yea, My TF has both lanes wide open with no rubber on the post or the divider post. Go rubberless and wide open on both sides. That's the way mine was setup from the factory, and it plays good. SOmetimes it's really hard, but not unplayable.

#11 11 years ago

>>Go rubberless and wide open on both sides. ....... it plays good. SOmetimes it's really hard

Will Ron Jeremy comment next?

#13 11 years ago

I have the same pin and after just a couple tweaks it plays really well.

For sure, check the clearance between the ironhide mini pf and the back board. It needs to rock freely. Try disabling and pulling the ball gate off, it's a nice twist.

Add an external, powered subwoofer to the pin. You won't believe the difference.

have fun

#14 11 years ago

I thought the recently manufactured Transformers LEs came with the air ball fix already installed from the factory, install it asap, it will change looks and gameplay dramatically.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from chuck1972:

I thought the recently manufactured Transformers LEs came with the air ball fix already installed from the factory, install it asap, it will change looks and gameplay dramatically.

He just opened a Decepticon. They were all made before the airball fix was created.

#16 11 years ago

Upgraded the software and that seems to have fixed mostly all issues....including the non lanes skillshot and lack of shaker motor shaking. Only issue left is the Ironhide playfield still not powerful enough to move the ball up. Seems strong enough in test.

#17 11 years ago

That drop target cover works great too... but what a pain in the @ss to get the screws back in

#18 11 years ago

There's a TF adjustment to increase coil power to ironhide. Don't forget to check the slack on the wire to the control gate; mine snagged restricting pf movement.

#19 11 years ago

TF's is a F'ing mess....

I played this game numerous times and hated it...

played a dialed in one at CAX, and got some emjoyment...

on the fence as to liking it or not...

but the issues seem to be never endng with it...

could care less about the theme...

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

There's a TF adjustment to increase coil power to ironhide.

Well that solved that issue! Seems like everything now is working on the machine. Also cut the angle of the game down and that now has prevented the balls being stuck under Megatron (at least so far it has).

Thanks to everyone for the help/suggestions....... it is now 100%

#21 11 years ago

hope you enjoy it.

Quoted from Gerry:TF's is a F'ing mess....
    I played this game numerous times and hated it...

not trying to rain on your parade, i agree. i never even had a 'honeymoon' with this one. a stern flop. reminds me of transformers, same boat. at least i enjoyed TF callouts and audio. traded your LOTR? i'll be nice and say i hope you enjoy your trade.

#22 11 years ago

So far I have

It was a gamble to trade off a well established A title for a newer not that popular B title I have never played... however it was an LE and it was NIB...why not give it a try. Even if the gamble failed and I hated it, I could still sell it for what a LOTR would go for. I already have more games played on the TF than I had on LOTR all year. It was more of a "I need to dump this $5k paperweight for something I will play a lot". Plus LOTR are easy to come by and I can always bring one back (there were three others for sale/trade with mine here on Pinside).

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Anyone have an ideas for cool tweaks or mods?

I have a TF Decepticon also. Add the FF speakers. It makes a completly diffrent game out of it. Like adding a Bose surround sound to it. It will be the best $150 or so you will spend .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-opened-a-new-transformers-le-decept-have-a-few-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.