• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

speakers2_(resized).JPG
flashers_(resized).JPG
Speakers_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

plunger lane doesn't always fire the same. it's limp on occasion. new coil? also, it's hitting something on the way out sometimes. i've seen it actually knock the ball over to the outlane somehow. not sure what's going on there.

the sound is definitely worse than my DM. i guess dcs wasn't just a sales pitch. you guys like speaker kits? are they worth the money?

also, when i put the translite in, it's really tight at the top. maybe it's the wrong trim? i have to pull it down sort of. it basically gets stuck up there. really weird.

i may add some other things tomorrow. i know the ball gets stuck behind the lock ramp every once in a while. because it's down, not a clearance thing. is that a normal getaway thing? maybe an L5 rom will clear up some of that? i guess that's what the lane switch is for. maybe it's not registering everytime. or the ramp up coil isn't firing all the time.

oh, the joys of pinball.

#4 8 years ago

oh, i already like it. for game play, i'd say it's up around 95%. that's been enough for me to really appreciate the design. it's like steve ritchie knew what he was doing .

it's my first game with a kickback. i like how you can get to the lock ramp from the top flipper or the bottom. the speed of the orbit loop is insane. one of my favorite moves is hitting the orbit on the right, and when it comes down, let it ricochet off the flippers back up to the top flipper. the speed/rpm loop at the top is cool, too, and i've only had it a few days...

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Take apart the plunger and look at it. It might be mushroomed causing it not to recoil all the way every time. You can just sand it down if it is to take the swelling out. Also replace the coil sleeve.

i just started noticing the plunger not recoiling until i fire a flipper. i had the power come off the contact thursday night, too, and we soldered it back on. not pretty though.

#9 8 years ago

yeah, i'm having "fun" with the plunger, wires coming out of connectors, dead flashers, lazy pop bumper, etc., etc. improving the sound is definitely up there, too.

#10 8 years ago

when i turn it on and definitely off, it sounds like crap. a lot of static. i have a Sorcerer and a DM. neither are anything like this piece. is that sound board, speakers, neither or both?

#15 8 years ago

well, for the auto-plunger side, i had a cracked sleeve, shoddy spring and i believe the wrong plunger even. yeah, that's it .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weaverj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-bought-a-getaway-first-impressionsissues?tu=weaverj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.