• Latest reply 4 months ago by Spamoli14
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1291 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 months ago

I am new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place. I have very limited experience with pinball machines and recently acquired a Johnny Mnemonic & Bride Of Pinbot. I successfully repaired dozens of issues with my BOP (Face Motor Replacement, Solenoid/Switch Repairs, Replace all ramps…)and started working on JM. The problem I’m having a hard time with is when the glove has the ball and is suppose to go to the grid the ball drops as soon as I hit the flipper button, it falls in to the hole it got ejected from and then will continue to drop and fall back to the hole (without me hitting the flipper). It never has any problems when the glove brings the ball back to the playfield though rather than to the grid. It seems like if a pause a few seconds once the ball is in the glove to hit this flipper it’s less likely to drop the ball and get in this never ending drop ball the eject back to glove loop, but pausing doesn’t always prevent it. Does anyone have any thoughts. Thank you

IMG_1291 (resized).jpegIMG_1291 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 months ago

You should check your ball in hand switch.
This was the problem with my machine.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/3683/Williams_1995_Johnny_Mnemonic_Service_Bulletin_85.pdf

#3 5 months ago

Coils mysteriously losing power when the mechanism is moving the wires around, I suspect the wires, either to the switch (excellent advice from Rene368) or to the coil itself.

Check the switch first, then tug on the wires associated with your problem. I have only worked on a couple of Johnny's so I haven't seen it be the wiring, but I'm always suspicious that the wire at a flex point is broken inside the insulation. Tugging and flexing the wire usually reveals this.

Intermittent problems can be quite difficult to find. Keep at this, and let us know your progress.

1 week later
#4 5 months ago

Master Reset worked for me.

3 weeks later
#5 4 months ago

So found a broken wire going to the hand switch the repaired it and thought that I had found the problem… It didn’t help at all. After a few hours of taking things apart and reinforced connections I found a 8 pin harness under the playfield that led to the hand mechanism that was partially unseated. After reseating the connector this have been operating normally. It’s been about 40 games so I feel like it’s a win. The reason I looked at it in the first place was the red flasher to the right of the hand went out and the plug pulled apart right next to the 8 pin harness (3x3 square cavity plug). I think it gets tugged when the playfield is lifted. I’ll post if it comes back but I feel good about this one..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-mnemonic-glove-problem- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.