Picture_009.jpg
Picture_008.jpg
Picture_007.jpg
Picture_005.jpg
Picture_004.jpg
Picture_011.jpg
Picture_001.jpg
#1 14 years ago

I had the day off today and finally finished my latest rebuild, I took my Johnny M down to bare playfield for deep clean and maintenance.
Such an effort, about 30 hours, but now she looks the bee's knee's, new rubbers, bulbs, balls, posts, polished all metal parts(has to be the worst bits).
There was nothing mechanically wrong, but it didn't hurt to adjust and finely tune all I could.
I found a couple of cracked plastic repairs while stripping down , but the repairs have been done very well and are unnoticable when all put back together( why I never saw them before).
After I'd finshed, cleaned up, put tools away, cracked a beer, I set about to playing, no new scores yet and every bounce is all that little bit different. It looks great and feels great to play again.
I think Johnny M was built on a very tight schedule/budget, as there are a couple of minor issues I'm not happy about, I found some metal ball guide parts too big for their positions, some protude past their rubber protection posts so much it's not worth having a post at all. A little grinding and bending needed here to fix.
Another point is the small assembly to the left of Bob's Bunker. Mine was 2 metal ball guides back to back with 3 posts between them, it just didn't look right, as well as the right hand ball guide over hanging its rubber ring protection on the nearest post, and the middle post of the three appears that it should be on show rather than hidden away. So I took off the right hand side metal ball guide and put on a long rubber across all three posts, Seriously it looks like it belongs, and it plays fine!!!
Also the fact that the rubber ring sizes kit was omitted the manual, and the promised update was never produced is another reason I feel that this pin was finished (or not) in a hurry.
If you'd like some pics please ask and i'll post some.
Still lovin' the pinball!!!!!!

#2 14 years ago

I'm waiting for my "almost" a month off in December to do the playfield swap on my Phoenix. I'd love to see some pics of it.

#3 14 years ago

bugray post some picts of her

#4 14 years ago

Cool i'll add some tomorrow.

#5 14 years ago

Here they are, in the first pic this is what was behind the metal ball guide. I just put new rubber around the post.

Picture_001.jpgPicture_001.jpg Picture_011.jpgPicture_011.jpg

#6 14 years ago

Really nice .. it's tomorrow already ? .. crap .. I forgot to sleep

Thanks

P.S. You need to set the date on your camera unless you are still using that time travel machine

#7 14 years ago

Hmmm yep I'm still using the time machine, I got more pics here, hopefully the last one is the metal ball guide I took out.

Picture_009.jpgPicture_009.jpg Picture_012.jpgPicture_012.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 22.50
$ 29.00
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/johnny-m-strip-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.