Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 8.31.43?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240518_074904_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7339 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7340 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 80.
#2251 11 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

10 point lead at the half bb!
GO PACERS

Good idea, gonna go turn that game on!

#2252 11 days ago

Just wait until the final 5 minutes before watching basketball. The score before that never really matters.

Now, back to guns!

#2253 11 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Now Cary Hardy posted another video about this mocking another pinball enthusiast and throws up a quote on screen from Adolf Hitler to strengthen his argument.

What? Hitler is not good for maintaining sponsors?

#2254 11 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Lionsgate doesn’t like to license guns?
[quoted image]

If you use a real gun you have to pay the manufacturer not just lionsgate

#2255 11 days ago

I heard Gary was cut from the playfield by Lionsgate for holding a gun.... LuLz jk

Untitled design (1) (resized).jpgUntitled design (1) (resized).jpg
#2256 11 days ago

Well weather you're upset about gun or not the game looks like a blast and the layout looks really cool.

#2257 11 days ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I'm done with this gun debate. I've sat here for 24 hours reading and watching what people have to say. Now Cary Hardy posted another video about this mocking another pinball enthusiast and throws up a quote on screen from Adolf Hitler to strengthen his argument. A new low in the pinball enthusiast community.

Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one and they all stink. A lot of people with microphones and cameras would do well to remember this

#2258 11 days ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Has Stern made any machines with an adult setting to handle R rated content?

There's an adult setting on Metallica, Sopranos, AC/DC, etc

#2259 11 days ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Has Stern made any machines with an adult setting to handle R rated content?

South Park, Playboy, Sopranos, Family Guy, Metallica, Foo Fighters

#2260 11 days ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

10 point lead at the half bb!
GO PACERS

Falling apart in the 3rd. Come on. Can’t stand the Knicks.

#2261 11 days ago
literally john wick (resized).jpgliterally john wick (resized).jpgso-anyway-i-started-blasting-meme-8 (resized).jpgso-anyway-i-started-blasting-meme-8 (resized).jpg
#2262 11 days ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am still not sure if I will buy this game or not. I like the JW theme a lot. No guns in the artwork of the playfield and cabinet is one thing. And I can live with no guns if it is a "brand thing", as long as we will see the action on the video display. So far I like the style of the artwork of the game and I think the layout could be a fun and thrilling shooter. But if it turns out that the video assets they use are also more family friendly oriented and the code has no "moments", Stern will not get my money. So far all I have seen from the gameplay are car action and judo fights, but JW is an adult theme and not a disney family movie! Perhaps they should have gone with an other theme instead of JW, if they can't do the theme justice.
I still doubt we will see kills like at 2:33 on the LCD Monitor:

Stern if your watching this clip I see how going into the weapons chest would work perfectly with this scene as wick smashes the glass and grabs weapons.

Nobody wants a tame lame wick game.

#2263 11 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Falling apart in the 3rd. Come on. Can’t stand the Knicks.

Lmao so much for that 10 point pacers lead!

I don’t actually give a shit about basketball but now you guys got me rooting !!

#2265 11 days ago

Was the code name for this game go woke go broke? This game should be called John woke!

#2266 11 days ago

At least my Elvira has a set of guns in the backglass!

#2268 11 days ago

Holy shit, y'all still talking about guns in here lol

#2269 11 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lmao so much for that 10 point pacers lead!
I don’t actually give a shit about basketball but now you guys got me rooting !!

Gonna be a tight one down the stretch at the Garden!

#2270 11 days ago

I went to Facebook and checked the Premium reveal as scheduled by the cool Commodore 64 post (Hoping we'll see more Commodore 64) but i noticed the bacbox art is same on the left AND the right. Am I seeing things?

#2271 11 days ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Was the code name for this game go woke go broke? This game should be called John woke!

Nah, code name was "Trigger".

#2272 11 days ago

the code name was waffles!

IMG_0901 (resized).jpegIMG_0901 (resized).jpeg
#2273 11 days ago

#2274 11 days ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

I went to Facebook and checked the Premium reveal as scheduled by the cool Commodore 64 post (Hoping we'll see more Commodore 64) but i noticed the bacbox art is same on the left AND the right. Am I seeing things?

It's a commodore logo, but it's actually a vic-20 (c64 came out many years later). In the movie, they are using a generic PC monitor behind wood paneling because the vic-20 resolution wasn't even that good (nor was the command line green with black background)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIC-20#/media/File:VIC_20_Splash_Screen_Screenshot.gif

Many on reddit ask why they used such primitive hardware in the movie, and most answer that it's likely because being that those computers rarely had any sort of storage (and when they did it was a slow, small and very literal tape drive), that nobody could infiltrate their system with a hack.

#2275 11 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It's a commodore logo, but it's actually a vic-20 (c64 came out many years later). In the movie, they are using a generic PC monitor behind wood paneling because the vic-20 resolution wasn't even that good (nor was the command line green with black background)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIC-20#/media/File:VIC_20_Splash_Screen_Screenshot.gif
Many on reddit ask why they used such primitive hardware in the movie, and most answer that it's likely because being that those computers rarely had any sort of storage (and when they did it was a slow, small and very literal tape drive), that nobody could infiltrate their system with a hack.

Cool.. I remember the Vic-20, never owned one but My friend had a C64 and I had an Atari 1200xl, we'd argue all the time about which one was better, we still had a tape drive too. Would love to see more of it.

#2277 11 days ago

Wow! Anyone know who wrote it?

Looks like egg on the face to me when you see it in Layman's terms like that in a news article. Sad.

#2278 11 days ago

The guy writes articles about as well as he throws a football

#2280 11 days ago

I'm confused why people are using the word woke, which is used for people that believe in racial equality and social justice. Woke has nothing to do with guns or the 2nd Amendment, totally different issue, it seems like if you want to insult someone you could at least use words that make sense. But then again, this is a fluff piece that seems like it was written by AI or a 12 year old.

#2281 11 days ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm confused why people are using the word woke, which is used for people that believe in racial equality and social justice. Woke has nothing to do with guns or the 2nd Amendment, totally different issue, it seems like if you want to insult someone you could at least use words that make sense. But then again, this is a fluff piece that seems like it was written by AI or a 12 year old.

Words and context change with time. “Woke” doesn't mean what it did a few years ago, or to someone who considers themself “woke” by your definition. When used in a negative context, woke means “Leftist Agenda.” The left is generally anti-gun, therefore “John Woke.”
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

#2282 11 days ago

Forget the guns. A real John Wick pinball machines is plastered with shattered heads and brain splatter. Isn’t that why people love these movies?

#2283 11 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Words and context change with time. “Woke” doesn't mean what it did a few years ago, or to someone who considers themself “woke” by your definition. When used in a negative context, woke means “Leftist Agenda.” The left is generally anti-gun, therefore “John Woke.”

Ha! Well I'm super lefty and woke and have owned and shot guns all my life. And most of my lefty friends and family own guns, they just don't constantly talk about them. So I don't think calling no guns on John Wick as woke works, it seems lazy and clueless. But then, that probably describes most people using that word as an insult

#2284 11 days ago

#2285 11 days ago

A bit confused by the car in the Pro vs the Premium. So as I understand it, they both have the muscle car, but it only moves on the Premium? Is this correct?

Personally, I am leaning toward purchasing the Pro. It does not seem so different than the Premium. Plus, the translite and cabinet art appeal to me more.

Btw: just played an epic game of Maiden. God damn that is one fine Stern machine even after all these years.

#2286 11 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

A bit confused by the car in the Pro vs the Premium. So as I understand it, they both have the muscle car, but it only moves on the Premium? Is this correct?

Yeah, from what I can tell so far on the Pro it's stagnant, front bash only. It probably isn't that bad but what irks me is the drop target on the Pro. It's more of a gate than a drop target that keeps you from going in and out of the club, a seemingly important area of the game, so by removing it? Its seems like it would be easier and boring. I really think they should've left that in and wish they would reconsider. The Premium moves like the LE.

#2287 11 days ago

I searched Vic_VP here and didn’t find anything. No one talking yet about Stern paying no name YouTube virtual pinball guys to get first hands on this and give glowing reviews?

#2288 11 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I searched Vic_VP here and didn’t find anything. No one talking yet about Stern paying no name YouTube virtual pinball guys to get first hands on this and give glowing reviews?

It was mentioned briefly, but then Stern started taking away peoples guns to distract them from the real story

In all seriousness tho do we actually think Stern paid them? Seems like they’d jump on the chance for all this free publicity

#2289 11 days ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

It was mentioned briefly, but then Stern started taking away peoples guns to distract them from the real story
In all seriousness tho do we actually think Stern paid them? Seems like they’d jump on the chance for all this free publicity

Paid or not, the guy had a Royal Rumble prior to this. I saw nothing but virtual pinball content before that. Hard to imagine he wouldn’t be grateful, and therefore bias, to the person who sent him a brand new pin.

#2290 11 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Liberals are generally anti-gun. Leftists are not

#2291 11 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

If I remember right, Vic VP purchased a Godfather CE as his first pin and I believe got a Toy Story 4 afterwards so he has owned a couple of machines before this. He is in the Godfather owners club thread sometimes.

#2292 11 days ago

Don't forget, people: killing people with swords and knives is woke. If you're woke, you acknowledge the negative impacts on marginalized communities of systemic racism, advocate for women to have bodily autonomy, and slaughter people with bladed weapons.

#2294 11 days ago

I’m so confused. Maybe I like guns now?

#2295 11 days ago

So how does the game shoot?

#2296 11 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Like a gun! *chefs kiss*

#2297 11 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

It cuts like a knife.

#2298 11 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

It doesn't

#2299 11 days ago

#shoottheball it's no longer #eattheball

#2300 11 days ago

What a giant load of horse shit. Click bait at best.

I think the game looks great. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Reflex Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
JOHN WICK PREMIUM Pre-order!
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
John Wick Premium Pre-order!
Mad Pinball Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 120.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pin-Tools.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-wick-hype-thread/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.