You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

What a good price for jm in nice shape working glove. Faded cabinet, with LEDs

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

2k.... Faded cab is a given these days.

#3 10 years ago

With the demand for higher prices for pins in the same bracket that don't challenge your skill level like JM,you can ask for more than 2k.
I've played a lot of different pins and JM has a unique flow and challenge that I don't see in other pins. Mine has LED's, upgraded sub, and powder coating as well as new left ramp and flipper assy. I will want more than 2k in value when I sell or trade.

#4 10 years ago

I played a JM for the first time a few weeks back. Enjoyed it, but I didn't find it terribly challenging as people are mentioning. Lots of basic shots any experienced player should adapt to quickly. Left and right orbits (which mean live catches on either flipper), a straight up the middle shot, two main ramps (the left of which is backhanded easily). Fun game regardless. Doubt I'd want to pay more than $2k though.

#5 10 years ago

I'd say 2K.

Find a cab with better reds, perfect plastics, and a minty playfield.... I think you're looking closer to $2.4.

Everyone likes pins for their own reasons, I think this one is challenging and deep... Presenting quite a few choices as you move through the game. It's a great pin!

#6 10 years ago

Pin is 2K.. seems to be the range as I am reading.. although the last two on Ebay were 1800, now if those were shipped, you could call it say 2200..

#7 10 years ago

LED's doesn't increase the price at all so it's not even part of the equation. I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for a average faded JM. For awhile you couldn't get over $1000 for them. If it's unfaded and nice maybe $1500-1800. the market is going back to normal, you'll be losing a ton of cash in the future if you have or decide to sell down the road. At $1200 your safe for a little while.

JM has always been at the bottom of the bally williams DMD group. Along with DM, BR, Drac, GI, T2 and what not. Sure you have seen nice examples go close to 2 and restored examples even over 2 from time to time, but the normal is still sub $1500.

#8 10 years ago

Neo

I have known you for a long time.. your area must be different than mine... I love the prices you say they should be, but can NEVER find them.. I have not found a BF under 2400 yet, you had mentioned 1500.. Looked all over for JM prices cannot see any at 1500..

Where are you seeing all these... PLEASE let me in!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LED's doesn't increase the price at all so it's not even part of the equation. I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for a average faded JM. For awhile you couldn't get over $1000 for them. If it's unfaded and nice maybe $1500-1800. the market is going back to normal, you'll be losing a ton of cash in the future if you have or decide to sell down the road. At $1200 your safe for a little while.
JM has always been at the bottom of the bally williams DMD group. Along with DM, BR, Drac, GI, T2 and what not. Sure you have seen nice examples go close to 2 and restored examples even over 2 from time to time, but the normal is still sub $1500.

Aside from the LED's comment, I don't believe that your other comments regarding JM are correct at all. $1200 for an average, faded JM? Where are they? $1500-$1800 for a nice, unfaded JM? Where are those? 2K or slightly over for a restored example? I'm sorry, I just don't see any evidence of this. JM's are at $1800 to start from what I've seen. And compared to the price of other DMD's, JM remains the steal to be had at this price point.

#10 10 years ago

Ebay vs. buying from a Pinsider who plays,upgrades and takes care of their pin?
If you only pay $2000.00,make sure it's one you at least play first. Check the ramps ,Hand mech, etc.
This is a very fast mode based game that when tuned properly is as challenging as any I've played so far in the Portland area.

#11 10 years ago

You guys say the same thing for DM. Where can you find them for $1500? All the low dollar games, you guys act like there isn't such a thing as a sub 2k bally williams. If you've been burned by thinking all B/W games are worth gold, you will know that is not the case.

Tip: when looking to buy, look for sources outside of Pinside and ebay.

I did have a chance to buy a JM for $700 once, at the time you couldn't sell them for $1100. It's always been a bottom feeder.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Aside from the LED's comment, I don't believe that your other comments regarding JM are correct at all. $1200 for an average, faded JM? Where are they? $1500-$1800 for a nice, unfaded JM? Where are those? 2K or slightly over for a restored example? I'm sorry, I just don't see any evidence of this. JM's are at $1800 to start from what I've seen. And compared to the price of other DMD's, JM remains the steal to be had at this price point.

Their is no market to speak of here in the NW,despite being the Pinball mecca for places to play.
Until I see Pins such as JM,DM,T2,JD, TFTC etc.,on a daily or even weekly basis,this will in fact be a sellers market and a demand for them,unless of course you want to take your chances on EBay.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You guys say the same thing for DM. Where can you find them for $1500? All the low dollar games, you guys act like there isn't such a thing as a sub 2k bally williams. If you've been burned by thinking all B/W games are worth gold, you will know that is not the case.
Tip: when looking to buy, look for sources outside of Pinside and ebay.
I did have a chance to buy a JM for $700 once, at the time you couldn't sell them for $1100. It's always been a bottom feeder.

Im sure everyone has had the opportunity to buy a game at a good deal but to price things accurately you can only go off of accurate data, pinside market, ebay, pinballprice, etc. A quick browse through these and I cannot find a sub 2k example.

Im not questioning that they sat at $1100 years ago, but so did everything else in a down market. The OP asked for a price, someone saying he got one for $700 years ago does not help. Maybe prices are starting to soften, in your opinion, but we are nowhere near 2007 pricing!

2k east coast and 2.5k west coast for a good example IMO.

#15 10 years ago

you don't go by ebay and pinside prices. those are always higher than real actual exchange hand prices.

I'll tell you this. I wouldn't want to be invested $1500 in a JM. Because it would take 6 months or more to dump it to break even if need be. Around here anyway.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you don't go by ebay and pinside prices. those are always higher than real actual exchange hand prices.
I'll tell you this. I wouldn't want to be invested $1500 in a JM. Because it would take 6 months or more to dump it to break even if need be. Around here anyway.

So the OP asked for pricing info, not a sit around for a year and wait for a lucky CL seller. If you can't go off ebay or forum pricing PLEASE post your available sub 2k price!

#17 10 years ago

I'd sell mine for $1800

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree with this... A few have sold recently just above 2.

JM is an awful themed title, but a great game. Some people don't like it.... Just like some people don't like Fishtales. It's a hardly a bottom feeder.

If the OP is looking for one, and is looking at one that is around 2K, then go for it.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'd sell mine for $1800

Here ya go OP. How far are you from the OP?

#20 10 years ago

Actually just found it for 1800..

#21 10 years ago

Minnesota would be a tad bit far from MA..

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Minnesota would be a tad bit far from MA..

Not really, 2 of my games came from NY and one is being delivered from TX via Chicago on Monday. If you wait to buy local you may never get one.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here ya go OP. How far are you from the OP?

about 3 hours

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

LED's doesn't increase the price at all so it's not even part of the equation.

I agree but you will probably get a little grief for that comment.

#25 10 years ago

I have mine coming from 1/2 hour away.. so got lucky..

And I totally hear you on trying to find local.. never the pin your looking for locally.. sometimes it happens, but it is rare..

Herbertbsharp would have been an ok distance, I have gone much further than that for a game!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I disagree with this... A few have sold recently just above 2.
JM is an awful themed title, but a great game. Some people don't like it.... Just like some people don't like Fishtales. It's a hardly a bottom feeder.
If the OP is looking for one, and is looking at one that is around 2K, then go for it.

Ok, then, what do you think the bottom feeders of the bally williams DMD's are?

I forgot to add No Fear to the list. That's another one that's fairly easy to find in the $1400 range. If your going over 2. Better look like it came out of the box. The way you guys talk, you think 2k games don't exist. Probably are the same ones that think SF2 will sell for over $800 and not have to sit on it for 6 months to do it.

#27 10 years ago

I was just going to say. About 3 months ago I sold a very nice one. Some fade but lots or red, great PF, very nice game and got $1,850. You're price is right on.

Quoted from balboarules:

Actually just found it for 1800..

#28 10 years ago

Whoa...JM a bottom feeder game? I'd take it over a slew of titles both Williams and Stern.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The way you guys talk, you think 2k games don't exist.

Only because you haven't shown us that $1200 JM yet.

#30 10 years ago

I value mine at $1800 at least. Faded cab, everything else super nice. But it doesn't matter because mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon at that price. A great playing 1995 WMS game for under $2k? Still a bargain.

#31 10 years ago

How about a zero fade with new ramps? 2400?

#32 10 years ago

If you want the $1200-1400 JM's, you have to be willing to wait it out. Good deals you sit and wait. Look around your area, not just on craigslist either. Word of mouth with other pinball friends that have been in this hobby for 10+ years are the ones that get the warehouses and groups of games for cheap and looking to flip quick.

#33 10 years ago

Really need to get a long haul truck to just go around the east and get these deals over to the west.
How did 80% of all Pins land in flippin VA and MA in the first place?

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ok, then, what do you think the bottom feeders of the bally williams DMD's are?
I forgot to add No Fear to the list. That's another one that's fairly easy to find in the $1400 range. If your going over 2. Better look like it came out of the box. The way you guys talk, you think 2k games don't exist. Probably are the same ones that think SF2 will sell for over $800 and not have to sit on it for 6 months to do it.

It doesn't really matter what I think the bottom feeders are... if you like a game, you like a game. I love playing JM...right along with a ton of other games. There are definitely so called A listers that I've played that bored me to tears. Pins are a personal choice. JM, IMO, is well worth $2K. That's my opinion, tho. You obviously don't value it at that...that's fine by me.

#35 10 years ago

it's not about if you like a game or not, it's what games are on the low end Sub 2k game list. JM isn't a bad game. It's interesting. Doesn't avoid the fact that it's always been at the low end of all the B/W titles. Always has been. How much you like it really doesn't effect the price. You might overpay for one more easily because of how much you like it, and would effect the sale in that area, but over time and the grand scheme of things, it's still a mid to low 1000's game.

#36 10 years ago

Out here in the west, a sub-2k JM is fictional, I think. I just spent about four months shopping for one. There were deals to be had far afield, but by the time shipping was factored in, you ended up paying 2000-2500 anyway. I ended up settling on a mostly-working machine that I could look at in person, in that price range. Seeing it in person first is worth money. Anyone with a really good condition JM will get 2k for it all day long in almost any part of the country, from what I've seen. This is based on completed eBay sales, pinside sales, and national craigslist searches over the past four months. A non-faded cabinet with rebuilt glove is a $2500 game easy.

#37 10 years ago

Also worth noting that almost all "unfaded" Johnnies are repro decals at this point. Genuinely surviving unfaded original cabinets are like Bigfoot these days, which will likely drive prices up on those.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from blondie7575:

Out here in the west, a sub-2k JM is fictional, I think. I just spent about four months shopping for one. There were deals to be had far afield, but by the time shipping was factored in, you ended up paying 2000-2500 anyway. I ended up settling on a mostly-working machine that I could look at in person, in that price range. Seeing it in person first is worth money. Anyone with a really good condition JM will get 2k for it all day long in almost any part of the country, from what I've seen. This is based on completed eBay sales, pinside sales, and national craigslist searches over the past four months. A non-faded cabinet with rebuilt glove is a $2500 game easy.

Someone who used logic and DATA to price and find a pin! Congrats on finding your JM blondie, maybe if you sat for a year, and somehow dev'd relationships with local pinheads without owning a pin, you could have found one for $1200...LOL!

#39 10 years ago

yea, in CA and NY prices are higher because people make so much more over those of us in the midwest. I go by Midwest pricing since that's where I live.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from blondie7575:

This is all true. Where I live there aren't any pinball machines. There are no buddies with secret warehouse stashes. This probably goes for many places in the west. So, your options are to overpay a bit for something you can look at in person, or ship it in. Either way, you're going to pay more for what you want. You did it right, blondie. Being able to examine a pin in person is worth a couple hundred bucks if you're able to do it.

#41 10 years ago

That's an easy day trip and less then $100 in gas.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

How did 80% of all Pins land in flippin VA and MA in the first place?

Cuz day gotts da money hunny.

#43 10 years ago

I would have taken $1500 for mine with led's and everything but the hand working.

#44 10 years ago

Just saw a Batman Forever @ $2400 on Ebay in New York.

#45 10 years ago

I know this is a JM post but I know you'd like one and did mention BF earlier in this thread.

Sorry if I seem of topic.

#46 10 years ago

Oh, I want a BF...!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 29.00
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jm-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.