49%
  • JP2 Prem/LE 76 votes
    51%

(148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
Oh come on.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

JJP POTC makes any verison of JP looks like a Zizzle.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Him and Romulous are beyond fanboys at this point. There isn't a word for them, wait.[quoted image]

So now you are stooping to derogatory name calling? Grow up dude. I'll say positive things about JJP and give Stern crap but will never resort to your level of attacking others.

Also, the last game that I bought was a Stern...

#48 3 years ago

While I still think JJP POTC has far more in it then JP I sold mine earlier this year as I wasn't a fan of the way modes play. It's still an incredible pin, one of the best, but the way the game played wore off on me after a year. I understand that the games ruleset had to be designed a certain way due to the limited assets that the team had to work with.

The ruleset concept itself is great and is fairly easy to follow. However, the lack of licensed assets (beyond video clips that don't feature actor audio / video) severely hurt the game in my opinion. There's 125 chapter modes but all of them play the same, hit the lit characters shots on the playfield. With no actor audio, no actor video, and no clips from the corresponding scene being played as shots are made the chapter modes feel dull. The same goes for the multiballs, no licensed assets and just hitting jackpot shot after jackpot shot versus progressing through an event in the themes story.

Pirates does have 5 mini wizard modes that do have a feel of classic Keith Johnson mode progression which is great but they are locked behind what feels like a major grind and once you get to them there's again no licensed assets. I still think the 5 mini wizard modes are the best part of the game as there's finally a sense of mode progression (plus unique animations) with multiple stages that other modes lack. The pick a character feature is cool but I notice myself and others only focusing on a small handful of them. While I had the game I would always pick Tia Dalma as she's the only character that lets you choose what chapter you want to play which made getting to the games most interesting parts, it's mini wizard modes, easier.

Finally, you only ever hear one voice in Pirates. Kevin McNally did a great job with callouts but it wears on you only ever hearing one voice from a film franchise that spanned 5 films. JJP spoiled me with The Hobbit and the level of theme integration with that game. I'll take TH over POTC anyday due to that pin having dozens of objective based modes, layered multiball modes (with stages), and it having full licensed assets.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its kinda hard to do on a site where middle aged men argue over who has the best 5 to 10K toy.

Not directly, U just hide and do it indirectly via insulting a persons pin or collection. Also I only really attack 2 or 3 pinsiders and they deserve it believe me.

Yes.

Welcome back!

There's a big difference between criticizing a game, hell even insulting a game versus personally attacking a fellow Pinsider. I know you think I only say good things about JJP but there's been plenty of criticism I've said about them and their games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PanzerFreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-vs-jp2-prem-le?tu=PanzerFreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.