7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Willmore
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed (resized).jpg
    #1 7 months ago

DMD has suddenly gone streaky. I have unconnected and reconnected the ribbon cable, it changes a little, but is still a similar result. Wondering what other thing to try as I am a first time pin owner. Any help is much appreciated, thanks
    Jack*Bot

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg

#2 7 months ago
    Quoted from Willmore:

DMD has suddenly gone streaky. I have unconnected and reconnected the ribbon cable, it changes a little, but is still a similar result. Wondering what other thing to try as I am a first time pin owner. Any help is much appreciated, thanks
    Jack*Bot
    [quoted image]

Did you disconnect each point of the ribbon cable or just the last part? If I recall, there are 4 or 5 connection points on that ribbon cable. It’s easy to have them plugged in wrong so be careful

#3 7 months ago
    Quoted from Willmore:

Wondering what other thing to try

Reseat the ribbon cables for it from CPU to DMD driver board to DMD.

LTG : )

#4 7 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Reseat the ribbon cables for it from CPU to DMD driver board to DMD.
    LTG : )

Jmckune LTG

I have just recently replaced the dmd ribbon cable altogether, as I thought the cord may be the problem? your are saying I should unconnect and reconnect all of the ribbon cables?
    thanks,
    Will

#5 7 months ago
    Quoted from Willmore:

Jmckune LTG
    I have just recently replaced the dmd ribbon cable altogether, as I thought the cord may be the problem? your are saying I should unconnect and reconnect all of the ribbon cables?
    thanks,
    Will

Yes. For the dmd one specifically. It should be the long one that has multiple connection points between multiple boards. Re seat each point.

#6 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

Yes. For the dmd one specifically. It should be the long one that has multiple connection points between multiple boards. Re seat each point.

Unfortunately this did not do anything for me, trying not to replace the dmd itself as that is expensive, are there other common problems for a pinball dmd like this? Would a picture of the inside of the machine help?

#7 7 months ago
    Quoted from Willmore:

Unfortunately this did not do anything for me, trying not to replace the dmd itself as that is expensive, are there other common problems for a pinball dmd like this? Would a picture of the inside of the machine help?

I mean the AV board could need rebuilt, but im still betting on ribbon cable. Did you try replacing it completely yet? Are you sure none of them are off by one row? Very easy to do and get results like this

#8 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

I mean the AV board could need rebuilt, but im still betting on ribbon cable. Did you try replacing it completely yet? Are you sure none of them are off by one row? Very easy to do and get results like this

I got a new ribbon cable for the connection to the dmd already which did not help. Things functioned fine one day and then the next time i went to turn it on, this had happened. I don't doubt how easy it is to have a the pins one row off, but I don't believe that it would happen out of the blue like this though. I will check again though
    thank you, will

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-dmd-troubles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.