(Topic ID: 194772)

It's official - Multimorphic's P3 is shipping!

By gstellenberg

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by solarvalue
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171014_182306 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_182213 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_150720 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171014_150708 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171006_104153 (resized).jpg
p3_dimensions (resized).jpg
2017-09-08 11.54.10 (resized).jpg
IMG_9869 (resized).JPG
IMG_2573 (resized).JPG
IMG_2566 (resized).JPG
2017-07-28 15.07.49 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.08.06 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.13.09 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.18.20 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.26.31 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.46.27 (resized).jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

The revolutionary P3 Pinball Platform is now officially shipping!

Multimorphic entered the pinball industry in 2009 with the P-ROC board, a product that gives everybody the opportunity to turn their pinball ideas into playable games. Now Multimorphic is officially delivering their own pinball ideas in the form of the P3.

As the world's first multi-game physical pinball platform, the P3 combines modern technology, modularity, and gameplay innovations in a machine that can be the cornerstone of any gameroom. Its first game, Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth, delivers a mostly traditional pinball experience plus a few innovative surprises. Additional games, such as Cannon Lagoon, ROCs, Barnyard, and Lexy Lightspeed - Secret Agent Showdown round out current offerings and show off the versatility of the platform.

The P3 offers something everybody in your family can enjoy, and it will only get better. Multimorphic and 3rd party design studios are actively developing new titles for the platform. Wizard, Grand Slam Rally, the network-multiplayer game Heads Up!, and the much anticipated Cosmic Cart Racing are all coming soon, and the game library will continue growing after that.

Pinball has evolved. The P3 is here!

To celebrate this milestone, we're hosting an open house at our production facility in Austin, TX from 11am to 2pm this Saturday, August 5th. We'll have food, playable P3s, and tours of the factory floor. Email us to RSVP.

Address:
UStx Contract Services, Inc.
14141 US HWY 290 West
Suite 100
Austin, TX 78737

The first two production runs are sold out. To reserve your P3, email us at [email protected] (first come, first served). New machines are expected to become available by late 2017 / early 2018.

- Gerry Stellenberg
Multimorphic, Inc.
http://www.multimorphic.com

---

2017-07-28 15.07.49 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.07.49 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.08.06 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.08.06 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.13.09 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.13.09 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.18.20 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.18.20 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.26.31 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.26.31 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.46.27 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.46.27 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 15.49.10 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 15.49.10 (resized).jpg
2017-07-28 16.01.06 (resized).jpg2017-07-28 16.01.06 (resized).jpg
IMG_1851 (resized).JPGIMG_1851 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Congratulations! You and the team deserve recognition for all the hard work you've put in!

#3 6 years ago

Congratulations Gerry !
LTG : )

#4 6 years ago

Glad to see you guys kept your word and made this thing happen. Very cool! Congrats!

#5 6 years ago

Woot woot!

#6 6 years ago

Congrats, Gerry! This game is awesome. If you haven't played one in person, you need to!

#7 6 years ago

Super excited to get mine in the second run, going to do some really cool stuff!

#8 6 years ago

Machines shipping to customers is an enormous milestone. The Multimorphic team, led by Gerry, have really hit on something special with the P3. If you haven't played one, then I'm sure that sounds cheesy. If you have, you know exactly what I mean.

The P3 is a pinball experience that really needs to be played in person before you fully "get it." I fully expect things will change rapidly now that machines will be in people's homes. This really is just the beginning.

#9 6 years ago

Congrats!

#10 6 years ago

Let the unboxing pics begin!

#11 6 years ago

Congrats to Gerry and the entire team! Very happy to see this news!

#12 6 years ago

Congrats Gerry! Can't wait to get notice of shipping on mine!

Who's the lucky guy who got the first machine hand delivered and set up??

#13 6 years ago

Wish I could be there for the open house. Enjoy!

#14 6 years ago

It's hard to imagine the amount of work the entire team put into bringing this vision to life. Developing a game is one thing. Developing a platform machine with concepts and innovations that can deliver traditional gameplay and substantially more is another thing entirely. Add to that the infrastructure to support a platform development and deployment ecosystem, a traditional, deep ruleset, Dennis Nordman concept in Lexy Lightspeed - Escape From Earth, two full upper playfield designs, a redemption-style game in Cannon Lagoon, and 3 unique mini-games, and it becomes clear why I'm so grateful for the support and efforts by the entire Multimorphic family and the pinball community as a whole.

Regardless of that, Mocean said it best. "This really is just the beginning." With machines shipping to customers, the ecosystem finally gets rolling. More machines in customers' hands means more developers interested in developing content. More developers developing content means more variety for customers, and pinball is an industry that can only be successful with variety. The P3 game library will continue to grow, and it will deliver variety without the cost of buying lots of individual machines and without taking up entire rooms.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here. It's an exciting time for me... for us... for the pinball industry. I've long been anticipating this day. Shipping P3's to customers is the culmination of literally dozens of man-years worth of work. Now we'll set our sights on growing the ecosystem for decades.

- Gerry
Multimorphic, Inc.

#15 6 years ago

Congratulations Gerry! I look forward to becoming a P3 reseller in about 8 years. (Current retirement plan - once Bitcoin goes to the Moon)

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

To celebrate this milestone, we're hosting an open house at our production facility in Austin, TX from 11am to 2pm this Saturday, August 5th.

Happens to be my birthday! Wish I were closer...
Congrats to all the Multimorphic team.

#17 6 years ago

Love playing the P3. Got to play it a bunch once again this last weekend at CAX.

Congratulations on producing a really fun pin!

#18 6 years ago

Congratulations Gerry to you and the Multimorphic team. I've been following from the beginning. It's amazing to see how far this machine has come.

#19 6 years ago

Thanks to everybody who came to the open house! We met lots of new people and enjoyed showing off the factory floor.

- Gerry

IMG_2566 (resized).JPGIMG_2566 (resized).JPG

IMG_2573 (resized).JPGIMG_2573 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago

Would anyone who attended care to give a quick review/report?

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Would anyone who attended care to give a quick review/report?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Maybe someone grabbed some video? I'd love to hear some of the callouts -- most video out there seems to be done before they were added or in a loud setting so you can't hear them

#22 6 years ago

Is Multimorphic going to be at Pinball Expo this year? I didn't see them on the schedule.

3 weeks later
#23 6 years ago

Mine is ready! Just kicking off shipping...

Quoted from _xizor:

Let the unboxing pics begin!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Mine is ready! Just kicking off shipping...

There better be some unboxing pics or videos, just sayin'

#25 6 years ago

Sweeeet! Bet that's a good feeling yes please to videos - still have yet to hear a callout. When's it arriving?

#26 6 years ago

No eta yet, hopefully get one in the am.

Shipping company asked me if I wanted to ship air or ocean. Since I'm in Canada I hope there's no new (permanent) oceans between Texas and here in the past few weeks...

Quoted from Mbecker:

Sweeeet! Bet that's a good feeling yes please to videos - still have yet to hear a callout. When's it arriving?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is Multimorphic going to be at Pinball Expo this year? I didn't see them on the schedule.

Maybe a distributor is filling in instead of having Multimorphic there?
IDK; just guessing.

#28 6 years ago

The journey begins...

IMG_9869 (resized).JPGIMG_9869 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago

By air I'm assuming?

#30 6 years ago

Looks like Lexy Lightspeed is installed with the Cannon Lagoon module on top.

#31 6 years ago

Even when she's dressed in a cardboard box there's still something sexy about Lexy.

#32 6 years ago

It was a $70 difference to do land or air, so she's headed out air today.

Quoted from Mbecker:

By air I'm assuming?

#33 6 years ago

Congratulations to Gerry and the team. I know only too well just how much blood sweat and tears you have all, no doubt, put into this project and I wish you all the best and the most fantastic success.

#34 6 years ago

Made it on the truck to the airport.

2017-09-08 11.54.10 (resized).jpg2017-09-08 11.54.10 (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

Made it on the truck to the airport.

Haha who's taking all the pictures? It's like the machine has its own photo journalist following its adventure to Canada

#36 6 years ago

Apparently, it's an added bonus of pre-order

Quoted from Mbecker:

Haha who's taking all the pictures? It's like the machine has its own photo journalist following its adventure to Canada

#37 6 years ago

I'm loving watching this!

2 weeks later
#38 6 years ago

We've received a number of questions about the dimensions of the machine in the shipping container, folded, and also set up for play. The attached image details that information.

- Gerry

p3_dimensions (resized).jpgp3_dimensions (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago

If the main cabinet is 56" long, is the box really just 56.5"? That's only .25" on each side for packing material and the width of the cardboard.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

If the main cabinet is 56" long, is the box really just 56.5"? That's only .25" on each side for packing material and the width of the cardboard.

Good eye. It's a bit misleading in that the 56" measurement is worst case for large-profile coin return housings. There's 2" of foam at the top of the shipping box protecting the cabinet. We don't put extra foam above the coin door.

EDIT: Image updated to be a little clearer about actual length versus max length.

- Gerry

#41 6 years ago

Sweet -- looks like I've got 2" headroom if the levelers are fully extended in back for steepest slope. Phew! Looks fairly standard -- just measured jy and it's sitting at 77.5" high in the back, I think mostly extended.

Curious -- what's the slope set for if all levelers are set equal?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Curious -- what's the slope set for if all levelers are set equal?

The P3 is designed with the playfield angle at about 6.5 degrees when the levelers are all equal. So you should not need to raise the back of the machine much, if any.

- Gerry

1 week later
#43 6 years ago

Hey @gstellenberg, how easy it is to take off the head. I am guessing the answer is trivial (based on the design of everything else) but I am curious what is involved.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Hey gstellenberg, how easy it is to take off the head. I am guessing the answer is trivial (based on the design of everything else) but I am curious what is involved.

It's not difficult, but there are a number of cables going to it since the computer, ATX supply, audio amp, and some LED boards are up there. I think there are about 10 cables to disconnect (power, ethernet, video, usb, LED cables, ribbon cables, etc) and then you'd remove the bolts to the hinge brackets (similar to WPC games). The annoying part is cutting and replacing the zip-ties for clean cable management.

- Gerry

#45 6 years ago

This showed up this morning:
IMG_20171006_104153 (resized).jpgIMG_20171006_104153 (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago

Where can I find a gameplay video?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Where can I find a gameplay video?

Scroll up a few posts in the p3 club thread, quick one there. Gerry posted the best one so far on YouTube a couple years ago — mostly complete code and music but no call outs yet.

The other good one is from its first tournament play at bat city open.

http://pinballvideos.com/v/1499

#48 6 years ago

Get that thing unboxed!

I can't wait for access to the Heads Up code, see if we can link up cabinets via vpn or another service to play against each other...

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from reltham:

This showed up this morning:

Gotta be somebody in the San Diego area who can go give Roy a hand!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#50 6 years ago

Cool to see one in town

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/its-official-multimorphics-p3-is-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.