Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0194.JPG
100_0314.JPG
justin-bieber-hospital-instagram.jpg
adriana-lima-2.jpg
image-13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I think you just have tunnel vision. TSSP, LOTR, AC/DC, Tron, Metallica, ST, SM, and FG all have equal or superior production value to most B/W games from the '90s. The biggest advantage you get from a lot of the modern Sterns is that they have much deeper rulesets and the code is more friendly for long term ownership.
I don't prefer one era or manufacturer over any other, but if you're ignoring the more recent efforts in pinball, you're shutting yourself out from some amazing games.

I too believe this, I went from owning all BW. I had T2, BOP, CFTBL, TOTAN, STTNG, IJ, TZ (in other words a lot of the heavy hitters) so it's not like I had only owned marginal BW titles. And while I didn't dislike them at all. When push came to shove, I own all Stern and have not sold one Stern I have owned.

I own POTC, SM, Tron, XM LE, STLE and ACDC premium.

I'm not saying I would never sell my Stern, but to me they are just as good as the best BW.

It would be hard for me to argue that POTC is better than TZ (it's not). But to me, POTC is fun to play, have great sound, lights, call outs. Deep rules etc.. Plus I have owned POTC for 8 years and have not replaced one part or had to fix anything.

TZ was hard to keep running, I mean it was a 20 year old game been somewhere likely in a bar for 10 years before I got it. Even after a couple of shop jobs it was still was not 100%. Same with IJ, great game but POA was flakey. STTNG was out of order more than it was in order.

I sold CFTBL for a year, when I went on my new Stern kick (with Tron XM). I thought I missed Creetch so I got another one. I couldn't sell that game fast enough. Nice looking game but the rules were too simple it was kind of meh when I think of it next to ACDC or Tron or STLE.

I realize TOTAN is a special game, I love the toys such as disappearing magnet, the subways the cage save trick skill shot. But to me the game play was just OK. I think Stern is way behind when it comes to TOTAN type of design details. I think Stern is kind of cookie cutter. But to me when the rules are working and the ball is flowing like in ACDC or Tron. I can overlook the fact that Tron is a fairly simple game to manufacture or has a small amount of unique parts. Stern sometimes has the magic of putting the little things together and making them work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/it-really-is-all-about-1990s-bally-williams-pinball?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.