(Topic ID: 210480)

Nothing to see here!

By dirtbag66

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

40783amd (resized).jpg
    wedgewires (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just received a relatively large order from Comet (80 or so bulbs) and three are defective.
    I emailed them asking for replacements but haven't heard back (email was sent last night, so I'm not too concerned yet that they haven't gotten back to me).
    Are they pretty good about giving replacement bulbs?

I'm sorry if this makes me sound like an ass but GOOD LORD. You E-mailed them last night and this morning are posting on a message board about "Issues" with them? I know this isn't a bashing thread but in the days of social media even things like this can hurt a business.

First - Are you sure they are defective? A lot of times you have to move the leads out a little bit to make good contact on LED bulbs. That's pretty common and solves non working bulbs most of the time.

Being they are mass produced and can't possibly all be tested some defects will happen. They will take care of you but just give them some time.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve done that for a long time as well.
    Another is to use a small screwdriver to push the bulb contacts together in the plastic 555 holders. And push up the side contacts as well.

Another good tip. Going to put the disclaimer on here for you and Comet as you know some nincompoop will try to do that with the power on. If you do this please turn your game off first. If you don't and blow a board that's on you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/issue-with-comet-leds?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.