Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wokeSharks.gif
M8xenAJ19xK3.gif
0eb9d2a8-ad17-49de-921e-74f2f78fce84_text.gif
download (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 72 days ago

So Joel from Flippin Out is a likable and polite guy, but he just dedicated an ENTIRE show on the NEW JAWS PRO MOD. You heard it you fucking purists, YES, even Joel wants the f’in shark to eat the f’in pinball! I concede that Joel ultimately stands with STERN and Elwin at the end of the show, mostly because the code doesn’t match the mod. Elwin is undeniably a genius, and I love him, but JAWS just proves he is part of the corporate machine, and agreed to forgo the damned shark from eating the pinball simply for a few bucks. Sell out? Well, I would probably cave too if I had to deal with STERN, the corporate machine. Still an EPIC FAIL. It took some dude at Interactive Pinball all of 2 weeks to make a great MOD that is already sold out. And that my friends and whiners is why I did NOT get a NIB JAWS, along with the QC atrocities and non-existent support sometimes (took over 1 year for STERN to replace a defective ramp on Elvira for me!) AND, rerunning LE’s STILL leaves a terrible resentment in my mouth. Disclaimer, I LOVE STERN PINBALL. Every single pin they produce is grand, a great shooter/player’s pin, innovative, and they ALONE revived the pinball hobby for us all. But, they are cheap bastards, even coil stops fail after about 200 plays, and that sucks when you’re paying $7k for a pro and $9600 for a premium. That’s a LOT of dough. You can play a NIB for 5 minutes, MAYBE, if it doesn’t have some kind of catastrophic problem, and then the game is LITERALLY designed to require maintenance. That is a bunch of shit for a commercial grade product at a commercial grade price! To sum up, does the fucking shark eat the fucking pinball and if not, WHY? JAWS himself is so SCARY because he eats people, fish, license plates, literally everything and does NOT discriminate. He literally made us all afraid to step foot in the water. Stern/Elwin’s Jaws doesn’t eat anything. It’s a watered down politically correct version where JAWS is your friend and you’re allowed to hit him on the fin a few times. Amen.

#2 72 days ago

No paragraphs = NO READ

#3 72 days ago

So, does the shark eat the ball?
I'm still not clear on that.

#4 72 days ago

This one is painful.

#5 72 days ago

How is not eating a ball “politically correct”?

I agree there should be some version of Jaws that eats the ball, but I do not understand where the intersection of a plastic shark eating a 1 1/16” ball bearing and political correctness resides.

Also, find and use your fucking “Return” key.

#6 72 days ago

Who knew the Shark Shimmy Scoop would make people lose their effing mind.

#7 72 days ago

You need more rain.

#8 72 days ago

Jaws can eat me!

#9 72 days ago

What do the kids say these days…. Oh ya.

You need to go outside touch some grass and get back to reality.

#10 72 days ago

Sharks tend to chew, I’d say it eats it more like a duck

#11 72 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Sharks tend to chew, I’d say it eats it more like a duck

GODDAMMIT WHY DID HOMER NEVER EAT THE BALL!!!!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#12 72 days ago

I’m confused….is the shark a republican or democrat???

#13 72 days ago

What’s up with all the mental patient posts lately?

#14 72 days ago

There is lots of stiff competition over the years but this might just be the most ignorant thread ever on pinside? Oh well. Plonk and in before the lock.

#15 72 days ago

Jaws does eat the pinball, Stern is keeping it a secret, just like how Baby Yoda actually moves on Mando.

#16 72 days ago

Think we’ve got another pinball1987 situation on our hands.

#17 72 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Well... there is an Adderall/ADHD medication shortage.

#19 72 days ago

Does anyone have a link to the video the OP is so upset with? I want to watch it and see what kind of feelings it drums up for me. Thanks!

#20 72 days ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Well... there is an Adderall/ADHD medication shortage.

The OP sounds overdosed on Adderall.

#21 72 days ago

Oh. The humanity. <yawn>

#22 72 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Pretty sure this is the same guy from the last insane rant.

#23 72 days ago

Couldn't this have been asked in one of the other multiple Jaws threads?

#24 72 days ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Does anyone have a link to the video the OP is so upset with? I want to watch it and see what kind of feelings it drums up for me. Thanks!

Here you go. Enjoy the emotions The mod talk started around 16mins in.

#25 72 days ago

Is the ETB mod great though?

#26 71 days ago

TL:DR, but upvoted anyway because why not?

#27 71 days ago
0eb9d2a8-ad17-49de-921e-74f2f78fce84_text.gif0eb9d2a8-ad17-49de-921e-74f2f78fce84_text.gif
#28 71 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

[quoted image]

They might allow you to visit this guy during normal visiting hours.

#29 71 days ago
M8xenAJ19xK3.gifM8xenAJ19xK3.gif
#30 71 days ago

Lol I can't wait until Stern goes full heel turn and they launch their own ETB mech upgrade for the Prem/LE to replace the stock shark with an ETB shark. Gonna be the same rug pulled out from under you all like the blacklight on STH, and you need to upgrade your game for even more $$$ after the fact to get the full experience.

#31 71 days ago

One non-sequitur to the next always makes for a classic rant.

#32 71 days ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Here you go. Enjoy the emotions The mod talk started around 16mins in.

I watched....I felt nothing!

I say do whatever makes you happy. It's your game!

#33 71 days ago

It's only politically incorrect if you attach a frikkin' laser beam to the sharks head.

#34 71 days ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's only politically incorrect if you attach a frikkin' laser beam to the sharks head.

Those freeloading sharks don't deserve a warm meal. The BOM should be going to what I care about. Rabble! Rabble rabble!

#35 71 days ago

Pinball really has jumped the shark. We've moved past it. Time to get rid of flippers and replace them with giant holes covered by jiggling plastic shark hats.

RIP flipper pinball

1948-2024

#36 71 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:What’s up with all the mental patient posts lately?

Who could palmer be protecting? Has he been turned by the ETB fanatics? This conspiracy runs DEEP. Stern-shadow state controls all pinball media, had joel do this stream to get the narrative "see it messed with the rules" out front in the public....it's all coming together!

#37 71 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Who could palmer be protecting? Has he been turned by the ETB fanatics? This conspiracy runs DEEP. Stern-shadow state controls all pinball media, had joel do this stream to get the narrative "see it messed with the rules" out front in the public....it's all coming together!

critical thinking is the real enemy

#38 71 days ago

So,… take all the Pinside trolling points from the last few years, add in the latest game from them, stir with some GREED claims and unfounded “facts”, and then sprinkle on some political fairy dust.
You have created Pinside Gold, congrats on the hot take.

#39 71 days ago
wokeSharks.gifwokeSharks.gif
#40 71 days ago

I don’t believe in conspiracy theories but how come when I just googled ‘#ETB’ the first thing that comes up is a set of Pokémon cards on Amazon?

#41 71 days ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

So Joel from Flippin Out is a likable and polite guy, but he just dedicated an ENTIRE show on the NEW JAWS PRO MOD. You heard it you fucking purists, YES, even Joel wants the f’in shark to eat the f’in pinball! I concede that Joel ultimately stands with STERN and Elwin at the end of the show, mostly because the code doesn’t match the mod. Elwin is undeniably a genius, and I love him, but JAWS just proves he is part of the corporate machine, and agreed to forgo the damned shark from eating the pinball simply for a few bucks. Sell out? Well, I would probably cave too if I had to deal with STERN, the corporate machine. Still an EPIC FAIL. It took some dude at Interactive Pinball all of 2 weeks to make a great MOD that is already sold out. And that my friends and whiners is why I did NOT get a NIB JAWS, along with the QC atrocities and non-existent support sometimes (took over 1 year for STERN to replace a defective ramp on Elvira for me!) AND, rerunning LE’s STILL leaves a terrible resentment in my mouth. Disclaimer, I LOVE STERN PINBALL. Every single pin they produce is grand, a great shooter/player’s pin, innovative, and they ALONE revived the pinball hobby for us all. But, they are cheap bastards, even coil stops fail after about 200 plays, and that sucks when you’re paying $7k for a pro and $9600 for a premium. That’s a LOT of dough. You can play a NIB for 5 minutes, MAYBE, if it doesn’t have some kind of catastrophic problem, and then the game is LITERALLY designed to require maintenance. That is a bunch of shit for a commercial grade product at a commercial grade price! To sum up, does the fucking shark eat the fucking pinball and if not, WHY? JAWS himself is so SCARY because he eats people, fish, license plates, literally everything and does NOT discriminate. He literally made us all afraid to step foot in the water. Stern/Elwin’s Jaws doesn’t eat anything. It’s a watered down politically correct version where JAWS is your friend and you’re allowed to hit him on the fin a few times. Amen.

Wow did you even take a breath while you typed that?

Ok, you (and to be honest a ton of other people in this hobby) need to be a lot less emotional ... these are just pieces of equipment that need maintenance and may not have all the features/theme you want (I will skip the cargument).
I have owned NIB that played fine for a lot more than 5 minutes and NEVER needed adjustment only cleaning and the occasional replacement of moving wear items (ok can't help myself ... do you own a car? they are "... designed to require maintenance ..." OMG ).

I'm not sure why the shark/ball design is a "politically correct" issue, it was a choice either financial or otherwise. Buy the machine or don't ..why raise your blood pressure over it? seems to me you are not cutout to own pinball machines, just go play at an arcade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Scottsdale, AZ
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jaws-youre-politically-correct-little-friend-or-does-he-eat-the-pi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.