Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lol.gif
!Iknow.jpg
#1 11 years ago

It seems that every BDK I see come up for sale is $4800 plus. They're almost always LEDed etc., but should that raise the price so much? Should BDK command a premium over FGY and PoTC? Or TFLE for that matter?

#2 11 years ago

usually doesn't. Usually they are 3500ish give or take. Not a lot of love for this title.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

usually doesn't. Usually they are 3500ish give or take. Not a lot of love for this title.

I wish that were true, I haven't seen a BDK up for sale under 4k in a long long time.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Should BDK command a premium over FGY and PoTC? Or TFLE for that matter?

No, it shouldn't, but it doesn't, in my experience...POTCs and FGYs are north of 4k as well.

#4 11 years ago

No, it shouldn't, but it doesn't, in my experience...POTCs and FGYs are north of 4k as well.

Im seeing 4200 PoTC and FGY all over. $600 more for a BDK justified?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It seems that every BDK I see come up for sale is $4800 plus. They're almost always LEDed etc., but should that raise the price so much? Should BDK command a premium over FGY and PoTC? Or TFLE for that matter?

Simple answer, no. The fact that many people grossly overpay for obnoxiously bright LEDs shouldn't have any impact on final price.

#6 11 years ago

It all depends on all the extras that are in
It mine for example has a lasserific topper
Flipper fidelity speakers, sub woofer, back box
Lèd so yes the moded ones will cost more.

#7 11 years ago

In my opinion no way but I am sure others (especially BDK owners) feel it is worth $4800 or more. But if people are willing to pay that price then I guess that is what the game is worth since buyers dictate the market, not the sellers.

#8 11 years ago

It's worth whatever someone wants to pay just like BoJo said. People can ask whatever they want for a game. If you want that title give the seller a offer.

#9 11 years ago

Is BDK a $4800 pin? Like MMuller said, it depends really.

LEDs themselves are cheap. I still don't understand the justification for the price spikes on a pin, just because someone replaced the 555 bulbs for playfield lighting (which is about as an easy a job, as changing the light bulb in a fixture from your home).

As for prices on Batman, it really shouldn't go for more than $4400 or $4500, unless the machine has a shaker/LED backbox kit/speaker or other meaningful ($$) enhancements done to the machine. Condition of the machine will also take into account, just like any other pin. Not even a year after Stern stopped production you could still find NIB Batman for around $4500-$4600...so looking at it that way, prices haven't inflated like with Spider-Man (the prices really haven't spiked even with the previews late last year of Dark Knight Rises).

Batman hasn't dropped under $4K since it officially stopped production, and I don't ever see it going to drop under there. Its a good pin that gets a lot of hate, mainly from people that only played it before the last software update.

Without software updates, the pin is a mediocre game....a pretty boring flail-fest overall...and I can understand why people have bad first impressions. I can attest to this after playing the earliest software versions on location & domestic setting. Its a shame really that it was pushed out like it was (speaking as someone who has worked on movie license titles....oooh....how I do love game companies rushing to release with movie dates), but Lyman was kind enough to go back and really finish the title up.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Simple answer, no. The fact that many people grossly overpay for obnoxiously bright LEDs shouldn't have any impact on final price.

I love you.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

But if people are willing to pay that price then I guess that is what the game is worth since buyers dictate the market, not the sellers.

I agree that it's worth it if you are willing to pay more for a machine with the mods. If you're going to buy the topper, LED the hell out of it, and pop in some upgraded speakers...it may be worth it. But if those extras don't matter to you, then no, it's not worth it.

It's a lot like cars. You can hop up a car with a blower, wheels, custom paint, etc. If you want to trade it to a dealer that doesn't care about that stuff, you're not getting a penny for the add-ons. But if you can find a private party that would want to do all of that to the car anyhow, you may get some of your investment back.

#12 11 years ago

I love you.

!Iknow.jpg!Iknow.jpg

#13 11 years ago

A few minty HUO's went in the 4k range.....do a search on here.....and then add cost of mods you want to pay for.....led's are a sunk cost imho....

#14 11 years ago

If i had the choice I would rather have a mod free machine. I just like knowing its factory. I know some people like mods more and some mods make the game better but for me its just peice of mind. That being said I wouldnt pay $1 more for a machine that has mods.

#15 11 years ago

Made me actually lol....(the I Love You...I Know.....)

lol.giflol.gif

#16 11 years ago

BDK is NOT worth $4,800 even if it was NIB.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah, 4k give or take.

#18 11 years ago

If I ever sell mine I think its worth $5200.00

#19 11 years ago

I watched for that title for awhile. It seems to be closer to $4,000 - $4,500 for HUO -- basically the same as I saw them when they were for sale brand new. I don't think it has apperceriated any but hasn't really dropped much at all either.

#20 11 years ago

I'm like the only dude who thinks everything should cost less, even my own machines.

I buy for less, sell for less & I'm not in it for the money... Maybe thats because I go to CP Pinball several times a month & dont want to get my ass kicked

Somehow I justify overpaying for mods tho lol, weird.

BDK was what $3500 new? Its no Tron LE, so why drop $1,300.00 more today?

$4,800 for a BDK is stupid to me, I'd rather save $500 & get a NIB Xmen Pro shipped or just spend another $950 & get the LE shipped.

Heck the LE for $900 more is loaded with LED's, powdercoated hardware, upgraded protective rails, real backglass & it saves you a roadtrip/gas/shipping.

Suddenly the XmenLE is only $64 more than the BDK (effectively).

Word

#21 11 years ago

Please put crack pipe down. They were 3800 new. That was 5 years ago. Apple stock was 10 dollars back when. Asking 4800 will net 4500 which is market for a nice out of production machine.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Please put crack pipe down. They were 3800 new. That was 5 years ago. Apple stock was 10 dollars back when. Asking 4800 will net 4500 which is market for a nice out of production machine.

But WPT doesn't qualify?

#25 11 years ago

around 4K

nice pun High protein

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

BDK was $3800 New. If you knew where to look.

Shipped? I don't think so. I always hear these things but shipping is a couple hundred. I think these can be had around $3500 off route and around $4000 from a collector. I paid $3200 fresh off route for mine 10 weeks ago or so. It's in like new shape now. I don't consider that a unique deal.

#27 11 years ago

might have been shipped. When I bought my LOTR 5th release, it was $3250 shipped to my door fresh from the factory. When BDK came out, the price wasn't that much higher than I paid.

#28 11 years ago

My fish tales full led cost about 300 I learnt the hard way u do LEDs for yourself and you can't add it on top for what you want for the pin. Well that's the conclusion I came to anyway but I could be ripping myself off as I do from time to time.

#29 11 years ago

NO WAY. The game is worth $3800 max in mint shape.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

NO WAY. The game is worth $3800 max in mint shape.

^^^this^^^

However, if you are into mods, and plan to pimp your machine it could be worth 4800.....
$3800
150 flipper fidelity
150 topper
150 LEDs
185 shaker
200 back box LEDs
90 under cabinet lights

$4675, well almost

Personally I'd pay more than $3800 for one like above anyway

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-bdk-a-4800-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.