(Topic ID: 340433)

Is Back To The Future gonna happen

By zr11990

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220712-002830_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-123008_Facebook (resized).jpg
    pinside.07c3d80b7f8140bd86012e81afcad5344b0d3e95 (resized).jpeg
    ST (resized).png
    E3131247-4622-4E58-8F89-520FA477B115.gif
    Pinside_forum_7577183_0 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_161030_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Pinside_forum_7504048_0 (resized).jpg
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 months ago

I’m thinking seriously about putting my original CC up for sale to buy a Ghostbusters. The game has CCC, color display and a new playfield. But, if BTTF is gonna happen I might wait.

#2 9 months ago

there is a thread about this , speculation is next year to line up with the films anniversary !

SPECULATION ... BEING THE KEY WORD !

#3 9 months ago

Hopefully. Is Ghostbusters Vault happening?

#4 9 months ago

"Anniversary speculation" is the dumbest speculation of all.

Has a single pinball machine ever been released as a tie-in with an anniversary?

Ok...have 2 ever been released as a tie-in with an anniversary?

It just doesn't work that way. Just like pinball machines don't get released in tie-ins with Blu-Ray releases (the second dumbest speculation of them all).

#5 9 months ago

I want to say “yes” just to save you from buying a Goatf***ers.

A Goatf***ers Vault is more likely than BTTF.

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please head over to any Star Wars thread around may the 4th....for years now...its fuckign unbearable.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol. I checked the values of both games and the Ghostbisters is worth more than CC so I guess that idea is out anyway.

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has a single pinball machine ever been released as a tie-in with an anniversary?
    It just doesn't work that way. Just like pinball machines don't get released in tie-ins with Blu-Ray releases (the second dumbest speculation of them all).

Bond 60th anniversary.

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Toy Story 4 was released on the three-year anniversary of the movie.

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Toy Story 4 was released on the three-year anniversary of the movie.

So everyone should have known it was a TS 4 and not 1-3...sneaky!

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I take it you don’t like Ghostbusters. Why?

#12 9 months ago

I can remember when the movie came out and I thought the DeLorean was used as a joke. 0 - 60 in 10.5 seconds with a 130 hp motor.
    Even back then, it was a “road slug”. Still, it was different with the stainless steel body and gull wing doors.
    Movie saved a lot of DeLoreans from the crusher.

#13 9 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Just search my old posts if you’re interested. No one wants to hear me get into that shtick again.

Short version: Horrible design, constant airball drains are anti-fun, pedo designer.

#14 9 months ago

Yes.

Pinside_forum_7504048_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7504048_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7577183_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7577183_0 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230712_161030_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230712_161030_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #15 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty sure the Mando teaser was May the 4th...

#16 9 months ago

No sooner than 2025. Don't let it affect your purchases for many, many months.

#17 9 months ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

This is getting dumb.

Mando was released as an anniversary for nothing in particular.

I didn’t realize we were talking about social media posts.

The idea that for some reason a BTTF game is more likely to release because of "anniversary" makes absolutely no sense.

THAT'S NOT HOW PINBALL PRODUCTION WORKS

#18 9 months ago

Lots of people want it to happen, even try to will it to happen.
    Common sense says, if it hasn't been done (re done) again by now, there is probably a reason.

Regardless, I wouldn't hold off on present purchases/trades, in the name of speculative/potential games coming.

#19 9 months ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Lots of people want it to happen

That does seem to be true, but I don't get the optimism.
    How is everyone sure that the game will be good if it gets made?
    DE BTTF is ........ not great.

#20 9 months ago

It really doesn’t matter now. I had no idea GB was so expensive and CC was not worth anything anymore. I won’t spend the extra money involved in getting the GB. I don’t like it that much and I can’t spend my finite cash on stupid shit.

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

It really doesn’t matter now. I had no idea GB was so expensive and CC was not worth anything anymore. I won’t spend the extra money involved in getting the GB. I don’t like it that much and I can’t spend my finite cash on stupid shit.

Did you not know that CC remake came out?

#22 9 months ago
    Quoted from crujones4life:

But it's release had nothing to do with that one day of the year made up fanday

#23 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you not know that CC remake came out?

ZR seems to be in some hyperbolic chamber lately.

In the venom thread he was shocked that stern pros cost $7,000.

Welcome to 2 years ago!

#24 9 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

CCr was made and seems to be a favorite over the original for many.

I happen to have information that GB is NEVER going to be re-made. I have said it several times on here already. It will ONLY go up as a result.

If you really like GB, the best time to buy/trade is now.

#25 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

E3131247-4622-4E58-8F89-520FA477B115.gifE3131247-4622-4E58-8F89-520FA477B115.gif
    #26 9 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I can remember when the movie came out and I thought the DeLorean was used as a joke. 0 - 60 in 10.5 seconds with a 130 hp motor.
    Even back then, it was a “road slug”. Still, it was different with the stainless steel body and gull wing doors.
    Movie saved a lot of DeLoreans from the crusher.

DeLorean are such cool cars, style as The Doc said, the lack of speed does suck though. I owned one for a couple years, wish I never sold it. A Viper, Lamborghini, or a Ferrari could be next to me and more people would be interested in the DeLorean. Drove past some guy cutting the grass and he yelled “1.21 gigwatts” at me lol. There’s just no other car out there, or very few, that can draw people in like that. Of course as you slid Back to the Future is the main reason for that.

#27 9 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A Viper, Lamborghini, or a Ferrari could be next to me and more people would be interested in the DeLorean.

Not me. I've always considered the DeLorean to be a piece of shit and that has not changed. I was already a car guy when they came out and it was hard to get excited over 130hp and 0-60 in 10.5 seconds. The only DeLorean I have ever seen that I would call nice is painted black, had re-engineered doors that actually work, all new suspension and a complete new drive train with a small V-8 twin turbo.

#28 9 months ago

Disregard - not worth having some tussle of words on a forum with faceless people I couldn't care less about.

#29 9 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Disregard - not worth having some tussle of words on a forum with faceless people I couldn't care less about.

Don't delete your late night posts Sally; let them ride

#30 9 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

faceless people I couldn't care less about

Um, thanks?

#31 9 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Not me. I've always considered the DeLorean to be a piece of shit and that has not changed. I was already a car guy when they came out and it was hard to get excited over 130hp and 0-60 in 10.5 seconds. The only DeLorean I have ever seen that I would call nice is painted black, had re-engineered doors that actually work, all new suspension and a complete new drive train with a small V-8 twin turbo.

Someone butchered that car, what a way to ruin it. I always thought those custom painted DeLoreans looked terrible, nothing beats the original stainless steel look IMO. Bet that owner is kicking themselves now after how much the original cars have gone up in value over the past 10 years.

#32 9 months ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The rules suck. The layout sucks. The flipper gap sucks. The airballs suck. The ball guides that the ball jumps over suck. The sound effects get annoying after a short while. Name just about anything other than the aesthetics and theme and it sucks hard. Terrible game.

#33 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Welcome to 2 years ago!

My favorite was the day the full reveal of godfather came out, he made a thread about how he heard through the grapevine that the next JJP game would be The Godfather. (No offense ZR, I'm glad you're living your life outside of all this pinball madness)

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is getting dumb.
    Mando was released as an anniversary for nothing in particular.
    I didn’t realize we were talking about social media posts.
    The idea that for some reason a BTTF game is more likely to release because of "anniversary" makes absolutely no sense.

Cru lives in his own reality where everything he wishes is going to happen, thinks buying the OG BTTF pin for an insane price is worth it, and is unknowingly a real life soyjack meme in every picture he posts. He's a nice guy but I swear he just lives in his own reality. We should all be so fortunate I guess.

#34 9 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

The rules suck. The layout sucks. The flipper gap sucks. The airballs suck. The ball guides that the ball jumps over suck. The sound effects get annoying after a short while. Name just about anything other than the aesthetics and theme and it sucks hard. Terrible game.

Owned a premium for 5-6 years and kinda agree. The flipper gap is terrible and same goes with the airballs and ball guides. I never wanted to put those ugly carrot flippers on the game or try whatever other bizarre outlane ball save mod as thought they looked weird. The default result though was a brutally hard game that not even my wife, a Ghostbusters movie and pinball fan, could enjoy.

The rules improved with the final few updates but I think Dwight messed up by making the game too easy by default with those updates. Thankfully he put some options in the game for tweaking how stacking worked, otherwise it was too easy to see at least one wizard mode every game.

Another missed opportunity was limiting the games rules to covering only the first movie (besides a couple animations) when Stern had access to the 2nd film's assets. What a missed opportunity for some cool and fun moments. The Ecto Goggles were never really used well either on the premium with just a few animations and let's not forget whose cat is still in the game. That's right, Stern never removed the animation of the cat owned by the designer of the game...

#35 9 months ago

It might happen, sometime in the future.

#36 9 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I indeed have a face. Funny you should think otherwise.

#37 9 months ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I hate it when you hold back !

#38 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern literally rearranged its entire production schedule, pushed Venom back a year and launched a not nearly ready James Bond two releases ago to hit a major anniversary for a title.

#39 9 months ago

I am reading this, turn my head, and there is the DeLorean on GMA this morning.

#40 9 months ago

Rumor has it Stern doesn't want to pay $1k to use the DMC license (they are hurting for money at these reasonable prices) and Gomez is designing his own time machine with initials "ABC" that the player will then hit with the ball to turn.

#41 9 months ago

Is BTTF gonna happen? That's like asking if Levi's posts are ever NOT going to be sarcastic attempts at vote-fishing, or obnoxiously condescending.

The answer is no. To both.

#42 9 months ago

If I had a Delorean I’d go 30 years into the future and come back and tell you the answer to your question.

#43 9 months ago

When Stern vaulted Spider-Man, they made a ton of tweaks/improvements to the original design as well as re-skinning everything (new art/sculpts/music/callouts/dots).

A vaulted GB would most certainly have a normal flipper gap, corrected ball guides, airball reduction measures, rules changes, etc at a minimum.

Assuming they add an LCD with movie scenes, it could actually sell more games than the original.

I'd be in 100%.

*and I'm also excited for a new BTTF if it ever happens

#44 9 months ago
    Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Stern literally rearranged its entire production schedule, pushed Venom back a year and launched a not nearly ready James Bond two releases ago to hit a major anniversary for a title.

I heard they did that because of licensure wanted it to be a anniversary pin. I don't think Stern really cares. They will just throw a anniversary sticker on the translite when that year rolls around.

#45 9 months ago
    Quoted from Georgiapinball:

I heard they did that because of licensure wanted it to be a anniversary pin. I don't think Stern really cares.

That's true, I doubt that Stern cares that much either, but they are to a large extent subject to the whims of the license holder and I bet that there's more than those out there that does care. I'm sure that we will see another game released around its anniversary again in the future.

#46 9 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Owned a premium for 5-6 years and kinda agree. The flipper gap is terrible and same goes with the airballs and ball guides.

OMG dude, you fought me so hard on my exact same critiques of GB…glad you’re out of the cult and can see it for what it is now, but holy crap….wow.

#47 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

OMG dude, you fought me so hard on my exact same critiques of GB…glad you’re out of the cult and can see it for what it is now, but holy crap….wow.

Yuuup

#48 9 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I indeed have a face. Funny you should think otherwise.

Hey you!! With the face!!

#49 9 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol, well I don't think GB is some steaming pile of crap that landed on me while moving it or something. It's a fun beautiful game but yeah some of those design choices really got to me over the years. Playing a game and seeing the balls repeatedly jump over the inlane ball guides sucked and I think I finally noticed it more while watching others play. My wife isn't a great player, just wants to have fun playing pinball but she couldn't do that with GB. The theme integration, artwork, music, and some of the mechs is what kept me as an owner for so long.

#50 9 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, well I don't think GB is some steaming pile of crap that landed on me while moving it or something. It's a fun beautiful game but yeah some of those design choices really got to me over the years. Playing a game and seeing the balls repeatedly jump over the inlane ball guides sucked and I think I finally noticed it more while watching others play. My wife isn't a great player, just wants to have fun playing pinball but she couldn't do that with GB. The theme integration, artwork, music, and some of the mechs is what kept me as an owner for so long.

We arrived at the exact same conclusion. It took me & my wife a few games. You & your wife understood the same thing pretty soon as well - but forced yourself to defend the game over aesthetics for years! Wild.

You knew….yoooou kneeeeeew. Lol

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-back-to-the-future-gonna-happen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.