8B0A10BC-F932-4131-84B8-C0FF1D2DD3F0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3397 (resized).jpg
IMG_3396 (resized).jpg
IMG_3395 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
mdj (resized).jpg
MDJ (resized).jpg
download (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 4 years ago

You will never get a LOTR vault. Why? Because rereleasing LOTR would point out how much Stern games have fallen off the cliff. Why would Stern point out how much less they put in current games to new potential buyers. Stern doesn’t want people comparing LOTR to its current lineup.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Would make no difference. Stern would sell a ton of Spike LotRs and then return to their regularly scheduled cost reduction meetings. And people would buy them. When you're in a market with little to no competition, you can afford to cut corners. Until you can't.

I am sure Stern would sell a ton of LOTR. But why remind everyone you used to make great games with tons of features if you don’t have to. Especially LOTR. I mean it doesn’t even seem like a Stern game to me it is so good. Not to mention the BOM on LOTR wouldn’t get by the bean counters. You will never see a LOTR vault IMO.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because money. A Spike LotR will PRINT money. Sell more than a bunch of vault runs combined, instantly being the most popular vault. And it won't effect Stern's normal cost-reduction march. With the next "dream theme" license, people will go back to buying the 2020 edition stripped down Sterns. And that is irresistable to Stern.

I agree LOTR vault would print money. It is right out of the Stern playbook to put profits first. So......why haven’t they already released a LOTR vault? They know people want it and the theme is still relevant to those new to pinball. There is a reason they don’t vault LOTR or any of their best machines for that matter. What that is I am not sure but it isn’t that Stern hasn’t figured out how many LOTR vaults they could sell. They know what the people want.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's more the technical issue of the time to get it moved over to Spike2. It's not going to happen as a Whitestar system. Spike2 feature set is where the money is, and there's built-in cost reduction due to the board differences. When it happens, Stern will make BANK. No doubts about that. It will be the polar opposite of an Iron Man re-vault.

That makes sense. So they are only vaulting games with the Spike system. I wonder how hard it would actually be to switch from the Whitestar to Spike system. Thanks for the info.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Because people like rides, and it’s a property they own.

And it is a perfect theme for a coaster......

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I imagine that station smelling like farts.

Disney usually pumps in pleasant scents throughout their parks and resorts so you should be safe........

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-man-to-be-rereleased?tu=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.