Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by amkoepfer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi I have not been on the form in ages. I don't know too much about any of the new games that are out. I was looking to maybe pick up an Iron Maiden Pro. I don't know too much about the differences between the pros and the premiums. Some games it makes no difference at all and some games there is a huge difference. Is the pro worth getting? Or should I put an extra 4000 in and get the premium? Thank you in advance

#2 3 years ago

Difficult choice.
The pro is a great game, it's not that like with some other types that too much is left out and it's too basic or boring. I have one and love it.

On the other hand, the premium has a mode extra and other lock mechs. Gameplay and strategy is different.

If that's worth $4000 that's your decision.. whatever you chose you will love it. If you get the pro then don't play a premium so you don't find what you're missing out

#3 3 years ago

You're going to get a lot of differing opinions here, it's all subjective since everyone likes different things in their games.

Both versions are fantastic, but if you have the cash for it I think the premium is 100% worth it. The sarcophagus shot and the underworld are just awesome and I miss them whenever I play a pro.

Either way you can't go wrong, neither are a bad choice. For what it's worth, used premiums seem to go for mid to low $6k USD, so that's an option too if you can find one in Canada.

#4 3 years ago

Extra $4k? First thing you need to do is find a new seller.

It may be an extra $1500. Whether it is worth it depends on your preferences. Personally I think the premium was worth it... still my favorite pin.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Extra $4k? First thing you need to do is find a new seller.
It may be an extra $1500. Whether it is worth it depends on your preferences. Personally I think the premium was worth it... still my favorite pin.

I am in Canada. Up here the pros go for about 6,500. And the premiums go for about $9500 or $9600. So I guess that's a $3,000 difference, my mistake. I'm just wondering if the lock and a ramp that moves is worth $3,000?

#6 3 years ago

Prem owner here. I would never pay 4k more for it over a pro. I really like the added stuff in the prem but not that much.

Don't down play the difference in mummy as well. Being able to lock a ball, double switch hits and double your JP is really cool added touch.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I am in Canada. Up here the pros go for about 6,500. And the premiums go for about $9500 or $9600. So I guess that's a $3,000 difference, my mistake. I'm just wondering if they lock and a ramp that moves is worth $3,000?

I should have noticed your location, sorry!

Also, the art package is quite different. It is, as Atrainn mentioned subjective. I know quite a few who don’t think it is worth it. I can’t imagine wanting to play the Pro vs. Premium now myself.

#8 3 years ago

I am in Canada. Up here the pros go for about 6,500. And the premiums go for about $9500 or $9600. So I guess that's a $3,000 difference, my mistake. I'm just wondering if the lock and a ramp that moves is worth $3,000?

That will depend 100% on you and your finances. If you have enough money to say a thousand bucks is no big deal then go for it. Otherwise is would be hard for me to pay almost 50٪ for it.

#9 3 years ago

I’m not saying this is 100% true in all cases, but if I had to guess, despite all the people you see chiming in on “if it’s worth the upgrade”, I would wager that the vast majority of machine owners don’t go back and forth for different machines. They either buy mostly pros or mostly premium/LE machines.

That should tell you something.

So forget about Iron Maiden specifically for a moment. Are you the type to spend 40-50% more on products you love to get the higher end package? Or not?

Edit: based on the language you’ve used so far, you sound like you’re looking for people to talk you into justifying the Premium...which makes me think that a Pro is probably right for you.

Disclaimer: I’m a Pro snob.

#10 3 years ago

Love my pro. The premium is the better game, but I honestly don’t miss the features when playing my pro. If I had to do it over again I’d still go pro.

#11 3 years ago

I haven’t seen a IMDN pro HUO sell for $6,500 yet and I think folks looking for $9,500 for a stock no mods HUO premium will probably wait a bit to sell. I think the price difference in my experience has been closer to $2,000 with some great premiums selling below $9K on pbrev recently.

I’ve owned an IMDN premium before and loved it but if I were looking today and there was a HUO pro for $6,500 sitting next to a HUO premium for $9,500 id take the pro all day long.

#12 3 years ago

I own and/or operate pros, premiums, and LEs of Stern Games. IMHO, stick with the PRO and save money on Iron Maiden.

The extra $$ are not worth it on Maiden (i.e. game play is not significantly enhanced with the premium). In other games, you may be losing an extra playfield (upper - Black Knight, Game of Thrones, etc. or lower - AC/DC, Munsters, etc.) or significant features. For me this is not the case with Maiden. Is it nice to play a premium or LE? Of course. Is it worth $1,500 to $3,000 more? I don't think so!

As a final note, the Pro is still an enjoyable game, however, a little on the easy side (long game play) for my tastes. I would go with Jurassic Park!

#13 3 years ago

Love my pro and think with this title it’s a great bang for your buck. I own premiums on other titles but on Iron Maiden I was completely satisfied with the pro.

#14 3 years ago

No, it is not worth the extra money. That being said, if Maiden is a band you really like and/or you really prefer the Premium artwork over the Pro--and plan to keep IMDN in your collection a long time, then go for the upgrade. No way it pencils out, but on the plus side the gameplay is more fun. If you just want a great playing pin and are happy to save the extra cash, get a Pro. It is arguably the best Pro since Metallica (I have not played JP yet).

#15 3 years ago

I am in Canada. Up here the pros go for about 6,500. And the premiums go for about $9500 or $9600.

Its a 2500 dollar difference. Actually more like 2K If u want to move it fast 7K for a Pro and 9K for a Pre
I would say go Pro on this pin. All the spinners and flippers are there, its mostly for unneeded mechs and better lighting, cab art.

#16 3 years ago

Hi I have not been on the form in ages. I don't know too much about any of the new games that are out. I was looking to maybe pick up an Iron Maiden Pro. I don't know too much about the differences between the pros and the premiums. Some games it makes no difference at all and some games there is a huge difference. Is the pro worth getting? Or should I put an extra 4000 in and get the premium? Thank you in advance

Holy crap he's back!!!!
Having owned the Pro , I thought it was a really good pin. I wasn't an Iron Maiden fan so at one point I got tired of the music (apologies to the Iron Maiden fans out there). I played it more that Guardians for sure. The pro is a very solid machine. My opinion get the pro and find something else to go with it down the line.

#17 3 years ago

Im a pro owner and love it. Most of my other games except dp are premium. Ive considered selling dp to buy a premium, but not my maiden. I love the pro, i dont miss the add ons, and i like the art package better. I do enjoy playing the premium when its in front of me though, because its a different strategy and it does have some cool mechs on it. Either way, UP THE IRONS!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.