10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pinchamp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you have insurance on your pins?”

• Absolutely. Full replacement value on everything. 8 votes
      17%
    • General homeowners/renters policy 34 votes
      72%
    • What is this insurance thing you speak of? 5 votes
      11%

(47 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Just curious as to how many people carry a separate rider for pins on their homeowners/renters insurance?
    My collection is in its infancy, but I certainly can see a homeowners rider for pins down the road.

#2 10 years ago

I asked about this, and mine are covered. I have plenty of pics to back up if anything happens. I also took pics of the replacement PFs and such too.

#3 10 years ago

Covered up to a certain amount that is....... I have a rider policy to cover above and beyond the general home owners policy.

1 year later
    #4 9 years ago

Bumping this old topic. I would like to see more votes.

We insured the lot fully, full replacement value on everything, even the spare parts. We have pics, a vid. The pics/vid also get triple backupped, one backup online and one outside our home as well. Let's hope nothing happens though! Still, with the changes in prizes over the years, I will keep track of the total value as best as I can and adapt the total.

#5 9 years ago

I have replacement value on my whole house which more than covers the house and contents. Checked with my insurance and was told a rider want necessary. Of I eventually get all expensive games I may need a boost but I'm out of room so more games isn't possible.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

I have replacement value on my whole house which more than covers the house and contents. Checked with my insurance and was told a rider want necessary. Of I eventually get all expensive games I may need a boost but I'm out of room so more games isn't possible.

This. sort of.

Oh - AND, get a rope. Hang 'em from the highest tree.

#7 9 years ago

I believe USA should be same as Canada... Make sure you have a "comprehensive" policy and not just a "broad" policy. A comprehensive policy covers everything except what they say is not covered... From there you will see "excluded property" and "excluded perils"

Property excluded excludes types of things and limitations on things... Jewelry, furs, coins, gold and stuff like that.

Perils excluded excludes things that can happen to property... War, flood, and stuff like that

On a comprehensive policy if the property is not excluded and what happens to the property is not excluded then it is covered. Simple as that. Don't believe the insurance person. Ask for the policy wordings and look for property excluded and perils excluded... If you don't like what you see then get another policy.

A broad policy lists the perils that are covered, anything else is not covered. If the peril is not listed then it is not covered. For example you could drop a pin down the stairs or off your truck with a comprehensive policy and you would be covered.. On a broad policy it does not list dropping a pin off a truck as a peril so you are not covered. Both policies should cover all property except those listed and limited under property excluded.

I hope that helps... Basic lesson is to read the fine print... Look at the exclusions as that is where they will get you when something happens.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insurance-on-your-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.