Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fucking-bitch-eric-cartman.gif
snape (resized).jpg
IMG_8898.gif
IMG_0812.gif
#1 52 days ago

I just been through a conference with my instructors and apparently issues technical difficulties and questions about the homework is not considerd an emergency and don't call during their office hours.

Questions about the homework or assignments are to be relegated to class which happens twice a week.

I have trashed my health staying up 24 hours at one point to get my assignments in. Extension are hard to come by

I have had ADA acomdations turned down in her words "it's not recent."

Instructor will not talk to me face to face about any issues she hides it behind an email.

Her emails are cold.

#2 52 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Instructor will not talk to me face to face about any issues...

Shocking.

#3 52 days ago

offer shasta and cold cuts

#4 51 days ago

Oh no, its another one of this guys stream of random rant threads...

#5 51 days ago

Lots of man hate now a days.

#6 51 days ago

ummm...ok. I like pizza. Do you like pizza?

#7 51 days ago
IMG_0812.gifIMG_0812.gif
#8 51 days ago

^ Mutliplicity reference! Well played sir!!!

Didn't find it that funny on first viewing, but after getting married and having kids, boy that movie is relateable.....

Later,
EV

#9 51 days ago

There really is only one answer to this problem:

Play more pinball.

A good game of pinball takes your mind off of all your other troubles. It can reset your day, give you a more optimistic outlook.

Pinball... the answer to life's problems.

#10 51 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

I just been through a conference with my instructors and apparently issues technical difficulties and questions about the homework is not considerd an emergency and don't call during their office hours.
Questions about the homework or assignments are to be relegated to class which happens twice a week.
I have trashed my health staying up 24 hours at one point to get my assignments in. Extension are hard to come by
Instructor will not talk to me face to face about any issues she hides it behind an email.
Her emails are cold.

Okay...

I'll bite and reply with something serious bearing in mind we have no idea what you are studying.

I've gotten 4 degrees between 2008 and 2022, so I'm no stranger to brick in mortar, online, and hybrid school.

Office hours are not for help with homework. These are things that you should be asking about in class, or in a separate study group. If you are truly having issues with something you may want to seek out help with a study group, tutoring, or with a supplemental book or instruction (there is a youtube video on everything). The teacher does not have time to help out each individual student with homework or concepts. They may have hundreds of students across multiple classes. Extensions are not going to happen outside of a death in the family. Heck, the only accommodation I got was to turn in work early when I was having my second kid... I had a video presentation ready to go.

What office hours are for are more along the lines of, I'm having trouble understanding this specific concept. Do you have any recommendations on where I can get additional information to understand the subject? I'm struggling in your class despite doing x, y, and z... do you have any recommendations for study groups, additional sources on the materials I may be able to better understand, etc.?

On a personal note... I have found that if it is a difficult subject, the "for dummies" version of a subject (or study guide) is often great to read first before diving into the real thing. There were quite a few kids science comics and history comics I read to get a better foundation before getting on to more serious coursework when I was struggling with a new topic.

Know you are frustrated and best of luck.

#12 51 days ago

Pinball or learning about pinball is supposed to be fun, not this stressful. Ideally, it would involve at least some in-person instruction. The responses from your instructor are worrisome. I recommend politely and professionally addressing your concerns - in writing - via email and ccing Joshe Sharpe.

#13 51 days ago

Have you considered a life in the trades? Plenty of work in the doing of things going forward.

#14 51 days ago

I dropped out of highschool to take a job digging ditches, best decision I've ever made. Try dropping out, might work for you.
B

#15 51 days ago

I can't imagine why you might be having trouble

#16 51 days ago

I slipped and fell in the water the other day and still can't seem to get dry. can you help?

#17 51 days ago

Serious questions: When you ask for help, are you seeking ways that would help equip you to answer the questions yourself? Which, by the way, is how this should be approached.

Or are you just asking for the answers? Or worse yet, asking your instructor to check all the answers you’ve already written before turning in the assignment?

#18 51 days ago

Who said public education is failing America's youth?

#19 51 days ago

Maybe if you start stalking them outside of school it would help?

#20 51 days ago

I would definitely escalate this issue to the dean or board of regents!

#21 51 days ago

I had issues with one of my professors once - not very approachable or understanding. Barely got out of that class alive. Wonder what ever happened to that guy?

snape (resized).jpgsnape (resized).jpg
#22 51 days ago

I would show then the working pinball machine you built in 2 weeks for a nephew before Christmas, and they’ll realize they are dealing with a superior intellect.

#23 51 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Her emails are cold.

College and modern schooling is almost entirely useless in creating useful, thinking members of society. It’s outdated by about 50 years. All the models are showing public education has been a generational failure and it’s only a matter of time until the BoE is finally canned.

Try going into the trades, or if you are trying to get a job that “requires” a degree, just apply anyway, FOLLOW UP WITH A DAMN PHONE CALL, and do whatever it takes to get an interview. In my experiences with friends in charge of hiring, across many fields, they are more than happen to take someone who doesn’t have their head up their ass. They are tired of dealing with useless, nebbish worker bees who are incapable of problem solving.

Look for the job you want to do, and pursue related skills instead of whatever you believe schooling may bring you.

#24 51 days ago

Is this why you ‘bmad’?

#25 51 days ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Her emails are cold.

fucking-bitch-eric-cartman.giffucking-bitch-eric-cartman.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/instructors- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.