Image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1416.gif
head trim (resized).jpg
gun 1 (resized).jpg
Pop bodies (resized).jpg
pops tops (resized).jpg
top lanes (resized).jpg
#1 4 months ago

I was fortunate enough this year to rejoin the Indiana Jones PoA club this year. I got a nice deal on a really clean game, but of course it was faded. I really like the rustic wood look of the legendary Disney machine, but wanted to keep the original graphics. I rebuilt the art and overlaid it on a nice warm oak grain and let the grain bleed through the graphic. I’m also a Fire owner and admire the champagne edition, so I wanted to add more natural wood and carried the look over to new artblades (with the Disney snake) and apron decal. I also added a decal set which covers a lot of the bare metal pieces on the playfield. I switched all the posts to fluorescent green with orange or clear rubbers, switched the pop bodies to clear with black skirts, and more but here’s a ton of pics how it turned out. I can produce everything myself so if anyone is interested, pm me.

Pst DECAL SET (resized).jpgPst DECAL SET (resized).jpgARTBLADEs (resized).jpgARTBLADEs (resized).jpgAPRON MAGNET PRINT 5 (resized).jpgAPRON MAGNET PRINT 5 (resized).jpgdecal set full sm (resized).jpgdecal set full sm (resized).jpgij1 (resized).jpgij1 (resized).jpgpf 34 (resized).jpgpf 34 (resized).jpgleft 34 (resized).jpgleft 34 (resized).jpgleft side (resized).jpgleft side (resized).jpgflat cab left (resized).jpgflat cab left (resized).jpgleft head (resized).jpgleft head (resized).jpgclose cab (resized).jpgclose cab (resized).jpgcoindoor (resized).jpgcoindoor (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpgapron (resized).jpgup ab right (resized).jpgup ab right (resized).jpgab gun cls (resized).jpgab gun cls (resized).jpgleft ab up (resized).jpgleft ab up (resized).jpglower ab left (resized).jpglower ab left (resized).jpg
#2 4 months ago

Here are pics of decal placements throughout the playfield.

left corner decals (resized).jpgleft corner decals (resized).jpgleft ramp back decal (resized).jpgleft ramp back decal (resized).jpgpoa ramp (resized).jpgpoa ramp (resized).jpgramp decal (resized).jpgramp decal (resized).jpgruins ramp (resized).jpgruins ramp (resized).jpg
#3 4 months ago

Some other pics

Pop bodies (resized).jpgPop bodies (resized).jpggun 1 (resized).jpggun 1 (resized).jpghead trim (resized).jpghead trim (resized).jpgpops tops (resized).jpgpops tops (resized).jpgtop lanes (resized).jpgtop lanes (resized).jpg
#4 4 months ago

That's beautiful! I usually don't like folks changing art/graphics from stock, but that's really well done and thematically appropriate. Thanks for sharing.

#6 4 months ago

looks badass, nice work.

#7 4 months ago

Awesome work! Love it. Makes me want an IJ

#8 4 months ago

Nicely done... very personalized.

Curious why you removed the bi-plane

#9 4 months ago

This is really cool. This complements the original style of the game very well.

Great job at recreating all the art. It looks like your corners line up too.

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Nicely done... very personalized.
Curious why you removed the bi-plane

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. For me, that bi-plane blocks a lot of the view and takes away more than it adds to the game. imho

#11 4 months ago

Good lord that looks amazing.

#12 4 months ago

IMG_1416.gifIMG_1416.gif
#13 4 months ago

Wow above and beyond like always u are one of the best! Keep the upgrades rolling I want my IJ back so I could make it shine like yours!!

#14 4 months ago

Looks incredible!! Bring it to TPF, please and thank you!

#15 4 months ago

Oh man, that's a beauty, John. Well done.

#16 4 months ago

WOW!! That really ties the room together.

Image (resized).jpegImage (resized).jpeg
#17 4 months ago
2Q5sOka.gif2Q5sOka.gif
#18 4 months ago

Great decals! If I screw up my siderail-change operation, I will be contacting you about the decals!

#19 4 months ago

looks awesome, great job

#20 4 months ago

Fantastic! So where did you grab the trim around the head, and the decals? You design and print the decals? Sweet!

#21 4 months ago

Perfection

#22 4 months ago

Amazing work!

#24 4 months ago

Damn, that pin can never be squeezed into a lineup. Center of room with spot lights.
Maybve even in it's own IJ themed room.
Only downside is, it would for sure cut into my pinball playing time.
Whenever I enter my game room, I would have to stop in my tracks and stand there semi-stunned for a bit and just stare at it.
Well done John.
Another pin I didnt think I needed in my lineup. But now having to rethink that.

#25 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Fantastic! So where did you grab the trim around the head, and the decals? You design and print the decals? Sweet!

Thanks! Yes I did design and print the decals. I am in the sign industry and wanted to mention the quality of the materials used here. The decals are laminated with a gloss clear UV protective lam and thats applied over Hi performance 3M vinyl with dark grey adhesive. Super slick to install and covers any other image. The decals that were on the game were in good shape and went directly over them. My printer is a solvent printer which adds to CMYK with a Light Black, Light Magenta, and Light Cyan that really broadens the range of vibrant colors that it can output and makes some of these colors really pop. Super easy and extremely durable. This is the same material used for vehicle graphics and wraps so your game could live outside and not see any fade for years. The artblades also have a lamination that is used for custom wallpapers and is scratch resistant. I adds some beef to the artblade and is excellent standing up to any accidents lifting the pf. The technology behind both of these really make for a user/installer friendly product but also one thats meant to last commercially. The trim on the head is the cheap fake wood 90 from Lowes. I just applied it with double sticky velcro for easy on and off.

#26 4 months ago

Indy is my grail game and would be the last to go. I bought a set from John and all I can say is WOW. The quality is unmatched. I have done full restorations on many games and can tell you these are the real deal. Very easy to work with. Every decal looks as if it should have been this way from the start! The artwork match is perfect. I will be installing the cabinet decals this spring.

20231224_090501 (resized).jpg20231224_090501 (resized).jpg20231224_090513 (resized).jpg20231224_090513 (resized).jpg20231224_090545 (resized).jpg20231224_090545 (resized).jpg20231224_090552 (resized).jpg20231224_090552 (resized).jpg20231224_090602 (resized).jpg20231224_090602 (resized).jpg20231224_090614 (resized).jpg20231224_090614 (resized).jpg20231224_090630 (resized).jpg20231224_090630 (resized).jpg20231224_090648 (resized).jpg20231224_090648 (resized).jpg
#27 4 months ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Indy is my grail game and would be the last to go. I bought a set from John and all I can say is WOW. The quality is unmatched. I have done full restorations on many games and can tell you these are the real deal. Very easy to work with. Every decal looks as if it should have been this way from the start! The artwork match is perfect. I will be installing the cabinet decals this spring.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks! Yes I did design and print the decals. I am in the sign industry and wanted to mention the quality of the materials used here. The decals are laminated with a gloss clear UV protective lam and thats applied over Hi performance 3M vinyl with dark grey adhesive. Super slick to install and covers any other image. The decals that were on the game were in good shape and went directly over them. My printer is a solvent printer which adds to CMYK with a Light Black, Light Magenta, and Light Cyan that really broadens the range of vibrant colors that it can output and makes some of these colors really pop. Super easy and extremely durable. This is the same material used for vehicle graphics and wraps so your game could live outside and not see any fade for years. The artblades also have a lamination that is used for custom wallpapers and is scratch resistant. I adds some beef to the artblade and is excellent standing up to any accidents lifting the pf. The technology behind both of these really make for a user/installer friendly product but also one thats meant to last commercially.

Absolutely beautiful machine. Would you be willing to make and sell some of the playfield (primarily for the plastic and metal ramps) decals? Thanks

#28 4 months ago

Tremendous work! I love the art style.
I almost can’t believe my eyes, so great!!!

I’m building IJ from scratch at the moment. Can’t wait to get it up and running with photos to boot.

#29 4 months ago

Wow, very unique and original Indy package. Nicely done!

#30 4 months ago

Excited to receive and install these

#31 4 months ago

Your going to really like them!

3 months later
#32 6 days ago

I absolutely love your wooden decal idea !
Congrats from the Indiana Jones Disneyland edition IJ

#33 5 days ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I absolutely love your wooden decal idea !
Congrats from the Indiana Jones Disneyland edition IJ

Thanks! In case you missed it also check out my World Joker Tour.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-joker-tour

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-poa-champagne-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.