(Topic ID: 1469)

Incorrectly assembled leafs

By SealClubber

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Incorrect.JPG
    Correct.JPG
    #1 13 years ago

I wish I could go back in time, walk up to the guy who built my Stars and punch him in the face. Every one of the leaf switches has one contact facing the wrong direction so the one contact is touching the rivet of the other. Every single one.

#2 13 years ago

Please , could you post a picture to explain this issue ?

Sure he has prepared other machines , and we are concerned (impacted ?)

Thanks

#3 13 years ago

Anything for you my friend.
    The first pic is the correct way, with the contacts facing each other.

Correct.JPGCorrect.JPG

The second pic is not correct, with the contacts facing the same direction.

Incorrect.JPGIncorrect.JPG

Unfortunately, all the leaf switches on this machine are set up incorrectly. What a PITA.

#4 13 years ago

Oy! I wonder if you could get some backlog warranty for something like that.

#5 13 years ago

Try and think this through for a minute... Why would anybody go through the pains of turning one leaf around on every switch?

1) Someone could have used duel circuit leaf switch's (flipper switch's) as replacements and disgaurded the wrong leaf?

2) Prior owner was being forced to get rid of it so the pin was sabotaged?

3) RUI (repairing under the influence)?

Any other theories?

#6 13 years ago

I'm sure Contacts were coming outside from Stern.
    So just a bad "pack " .

#7 13 years ago

It's a common problem with pinball machines of the early 80's. About half of them in my Black Knight are that way too.

-Hans

#8 13 years ago

Hmmm.......?
    how many more Stern pins are still working under the same condition ?
    -weird

#9 13 years ago

You are probably right LB. The switches were probably made in a sweatshop in Taiwan.

#10 13 years ago

I noticed that on my Seawitch...crazy - goes to show USA workers were pretty careless back in the day. I wish they were made overseas...

Those contact piss me off every time I look at them...and think about tearing apart the switch and doing it right.

#11 13 years ago

I know what you mean. I don't want to fix all those switches but I can't stand having something wrong that is an easy, albeit time consuming, fix.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incorrectly-assembled-leafs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.