• Latest reply 7 years ago by Milltown
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20160901_120001 (resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

I have a perfect strikes and spares machine I wish to install the remote battery pack..
Anyone have a diagram for this or any tips on the installation?

#5 7 years ago

It's really easy to put anyPin NVRAM Battery Eliminators in early Bally games. The 5101 is socketed and there's no soldering required.

www.LockWhenLit.com/anyPin.htm

Putting in a remote holder is doable, but soldering is required and you must make sure you install a blocking diode so the remote batteries don't explode from being charged.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#6 7 years ago

Upon investigation someone did some altering ? Any idea,what's goin on here ?

Resized_20160901_120001 (resized).jpegResized_20160901_120001 (resized).jpeg

#7 7 years ago

Also I'm having a issue with my battery pack on my 86 williams,road kings.. upon start up after you make all your adjustments if yiu shut off and on it goes back to factory settings .
I pressed on the pack some and it seems fine .. but I know it will happen again. Is the remote or chip my best bet on this ?

#8 7 years ago

I'd guess there was some corrosion, so they cleaned it, and either one of the pads was bad so they jumpered to another place, or they installed a smaller battery and needed the wire to connect it?

Road Kings: sounds like there might be some corrosion on the holder, so one of those dowel stick ins might not fix the problem. Either remove the holder and solder in a remote, or use a chip if you want to be safer and more expensive

#9 7 years ago

What's the best ..?? I like these baby's perfect..

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

What's the best ..?? I like these baby's perfect..

It depends on if your RAM chip on the road kings is already socketed. If so, get some NVRAM since you want the best. If it's not socketed, personally I don't think it's worth desoldering the chip to put in NVRAM, just install a remote battery. Unless you feel confident desoldering the ram

#11 7 years ago

Cool.. thsnx aton

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-instql-a-remote-battery-pack-on-my-bally-strikesand-spares and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.