Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Voltherd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

You know..., i've owned this machine for over a year now and i still don't have the shots dialed. I've played thousands of games, almost every night. I can't understand why. On other games i dial shots in pretty quick and after some time i can hit them 80%-90% of the time. Like on my EATPM, i dialed the shots in pretty quick, i've lite Elvira from start to finish many times, 11 shots in a row to the ramp then bam right in the lock for the 3 million. HS2, forget it, the orbits are so hard to become consistant at. I've thought about toeing my flipper down a bit. The outside orbit shots are right at the tip of the flippers, so close that i hair more and your rolling off the tip.

Is it just one of those games you just can't dial in?

#3 10 years ago

Those are the shorter ones right? I dont think so, pretty sure they are standard, i'll measure them to make sure but they are not obviously shorter by just looking at them.

#5 10 years ago

No lightening bolt on them. Im running about 7 degrees...The only thing i can think of is to toe the flippers down a bit so the orbit shots are'nt so close to the end of the flippers. I do have black flipper rubber also, im wondering if im loseing grip on the shots that are right at the tip of the flippers.

#8 10 years ago

Collin, i understand what your saying. I used the markers to set mine, i drop a small allen wrench in the roll pin holes behind the flippers to align them. My machine needs a cleaning and i can see the dirt trail is toed up at the flippers, its not a straight line from the inlane guide to the flippers. This is when i started thinking maybe they are toed up even though they are set useing the playfield markers.

RGR, i'll try your method. I mean i've gotten better at hitting them, but damn i just can't seem to dial them.

#11 10 years ago

Yea i think im going to toe them down a bit. Thanks folks.

#15 10 years ago

Well my scores are all over the place, everywhere from 25-45 million to my high of 600+ million, all high scores are above 500+ million but i havent put my name up there in a long time since i got them up so high.

Im not looking to make it super easy but it just seems the orbit shots are so close to the tip of the flippers that a hair later on the flip and it will roll off the tip at the end of the flip.., i was just wondering if this was the same for other people across the board. Im no pro but i do have some flipper skills and far from amature.

#18 10 years ago

I ment to say "roll pin holes behind the flippers", not "rolling holes". I corrected it so people dont get confused.

Yea i mean, ive got thousands of games on this thing...., im going to try a flipper adjustment.

1 week later
#20 10 years ago

Welp, i made an adjustment and toed them down a bit. Not much, i adjusted them useing the roll pin hole but as if you were setting them without the rubbers on them. It helped a little. It deffinatly moved the orbit shots away from the very tip of the flippers but they are still very close to the tips of the flippers and still very difficult to hit. I don't see ever dialing these shots in....ever. To anyone who says they can hit these shots consistantly, you sir are a master.

1 week later
#22 10 years ago

Wow thats killer for back handing the super charger, i got up to 45mil once. Im set at 7.5 also, it just barely makes a back hand.

After a few days of playing it after adjusting the flippers its much better. I wouldnt say its easier but the shots are much more managable. Still demands pin point accuracy. I think the most outer orbit shots i got on the fly is four, it gets going pretty fast when you do that. Eleven is my tops for the upper loop. Overall i like the adjustment.

Ah, so thats how you get the combo, left orbit to upper orbit. I was told i collected the combo when someone was watching but i wasnt sure how i got it, i cant really watch the DMD while i play, just catch it here and there.

#24 10 years ago

Nice trick, seems like it would be hard to stage though. Im not sure i ever noticed that on mine, i'll keep an eye out and see if it ever happens.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-shots?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.