(Topic ID: 60361)

How to put Bondo on playfield?

By flashinstinct

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Anyone have a video of how to do this. I get the mixing part and all of that but all the videos I find are for cars, I need to apply it to a specific location on the playfield (size of a quarter) and dont want to make a mess like put it all over where it doesnt need to go.

#2 10 years ago

wait, wait, wait

No.

Go to Home Depot and get some KwikWood instead.

Bondo is too soft.

no idea what exactly ya want to do but if you're trying to fill something use the KwikWood.

#3 10 years ago

I used wood filler on The Shadow. Sanded nice, got it good and flat and then I put the decal on it (sanctum wear) Worked like a charm

#4 10 years ago

I'm planning on clearcoating the playfield after, will kwikwood react with the clear?

3 months later
    #5 10 years ago

So bondo or quickwood? I've got people saying bondo, some people saying quickwood? I'm filling holes created by the slam ramp on NGG. The holes are about 1/16 of an inch deep some places maybe even a bit more.

#6 10 years ago

I'm planning to use Dolphin Glaze on my scoop hole. I heard quikwood can be too soft.

#7 10 years ago

Bondo man, I have used it so many times on everything, it sands, paints, it is hard, it will do whatever. It is made to take clear coat and any type of paint. Follow the mixing instructions use the plastic scraper to smear it in and "fill" the hole, then you quickly clean the bondo from your scraper, and scrape it flat over your fill clearing off all the excess and leaving the hole you filled flush, then quickly wipe any haze around that with alchohol on a rag. Also check you tube searching "bondo on wood" and watch a few videos keeping in mind the technique I told you. Here is a great vid.

#9 10 years ago

Bondo if you already have it will work fine, unless your filling an area where a ball is going to drop on it all the time then it will be fine plus your going to clearcoat it anyway. You can get small Bondo spreaders at an auto parts store and cut it even smaller if you want.

#10 10 years ago

JB weld is what I use. You can clear coat over it with no problems . It is a lot harder then bondo .

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Bondo if you already have it will work fine, unless your filling an area where a ball is going to drop on it all the time then it will be fine plus your going to clearcoat it anyway. You can get small Bondo spreaders at an auto parts store and cut it even smaller if you want.

I'm filling the dents caused by the slam ramp on NGG..... bondo or JB WELD?

#12 10 years ago

Nice video. What would be the best product for filling playfield wear in a ball drop area?

#13 10 years ago

Read this Guide, it is great, answers a lot of questions and I trust this guys knowledge.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-put-bondo-on-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.