Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3173 (resized).jpeg
    SternSpike (resized).jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 82 days ago

I know I’m reviving an old thread here, but FWIW, I just swapped a 2430 battery on X-Men (SAM) with the power off. No loss of data. I did it quickly…maybe 30 seconds max. Not sure if that mattered. This was a game I got recently, so no really high scores yet to worry about. Figured it was a good time to try. The battery (Energizer) was corroded and leaking btw. Maybe original? Idk. My Wonka (JJP) however, has instructions which tell you to swap the battery using a piece of tape with the power on.

1 month later
    #52 49 days ago

Where is (are) the battery(ies) on a stern spike system? I would have thought its obvious and maybe I am blind but I dont see any in the head cabinet. Mandalorian Premium. Thanks

#53 49 days ago
    Quoted from c640947:

Where is (are) the battery(ies) on a stern spike system? I would have thought its obvious and maybe I am blind but I dont see any in the head cabinet. Mandalorian Premium. Thanks

Should be on its side here, I think

IMG_3173 (resized).jpegIMG_3173 (resized).jpeg
    #54 47 days ago

yep i missed it however looking at it straight on i didnt notice it and the manual says little to nothing about it. assuming its still recommended to swap out once a year?

#55 47 days ago
    Quoted from c640947:

yep i missed it however looking at it straight on i didnt notice it and the manual says little to nothing about it. assuming its still recommended to swap out once a year?

Lithium coin cells should last at least 5 years.

#56 47 days ago
    Quoted from c640947:

Given all it does is keep time (which you don’t really need) why wouldn’t you swap it when it dies? 5 years? 7 years? Seems like unnecessary work and waste to do otherwise.

#57 41 days ago

I've yet to change any coin battery in my games including my PotC that's from 2006.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-change-a-stern-battery/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.