4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Problem: I see too many doggone polls where the poll creator projects/assumes that he/she knows the range of popular answers, and then finds out after the fact, that he/she only thought of 1/2 the good answers, and posted the poll wayyy too early without doing any research first. There's a better way.

Solution: I'd like to quickly crowd-source the best solution in this thread. Then I can just post this link every time I see a crap poll.

Question: What is the best process you can think of to building a useful fun poll on Pinside?

Please do:
    + Post your best solution if you have one
    + Improve previously posted solutions
    + "Thumbs up" your favorite responses

thanks!
    -mof

#3 4 years ago

This method has worked very well for me:

Step 1: Ask an OPEN question (not a question with pre-supplied answers), then ask people to respond with replies and to do a preliminary vote using thumbs up
    Step 2: When you are satisfied with the range of responses (or choose a fixed time period), build a list of them, and rank them by the amount of thumbs up
    Step 3: Build a useful poll from those qualified responses

Your thoughts on this approach?

Improve it / refine it / refute it / upvote it -- what else ya got?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I think you should add a poll.

LOL see my secret method (above) -- it's coming !!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-build-a-useful-poll-on-pinside?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.