IMG_9096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9107 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9073 (resized).jpeg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 months ago

Hello, I’m going to post some pictures and see the response. What would you do and expect if you received a NIB pin you paid $11k which includes shipping in this condition from a distributor? Monitor was faulty, rust on the slide rules, cabinet wood splitting, board fuse slot broken, looks to be moisture issues, unplayable, “Tip and Tell” on the box was crushed, cabinet decal separating and the corners under the lockbar crushed.

Thanks,
Robert
USMC

IMG_9066 (resized).jpegIMG_9066 (resized).jpegIMG_9070 (resized).jpegIMG_9070 (resized).jpegIMG_9073 (resized).jpegIMG_9073 (resized).jpegIMG_9077 (resized).jpegIMG_9077 (resized).jpegIMG_9082 (resized).jpegIMG_9082 (resized).jpegIMG_9094 (resized).jpegIMG_9094 (resized).jpegIMG_9096 (resized).jpegIMG_9096 (resized).jpegIMG_9107 (resized).jpegIMG_9107 (resized).jpegIMG_9108 (resized).jpegIMG_9108 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 months ago

I would have been on the phone with the distributor as soon as it came off the truck and I saw the condition of the box

#3 4 months ago

Hey Robert
I would have told the shippers to go F themselves.
That looks horrible
Also, thank you for your service

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

What would you do and expect if you received a NIB pin you paid $11k which includes shipping in this condition from a distributor?

Would not sign or accept

#5 4 months ago

I would have never signed for it nor accepted delivery that way. Looks like two fold here, factory packaging sucks with all the leg levelers floating around and then shipping issues as well. I hate seeing this stuff maybe distro can make it right?

It's weird that the balls are not in a bag/envelope.

#6 4 months ago

Wow. I'm sorry. You shouldn't have to deal with all of that for a new pin.

Best wishes getting it all sorted out.

LTG : (

#7 4 months ago

New pin? That thing has been passed around.

#8 4 months ago

Inspected by sticker, that's funny how did they miss those service rails?? Demis B. be sleeping at the wheel.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9 4 months ago

I would have been on the phone with the distributor as soon as it came off the truck and I saw the condition of the

PMP Amusements

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from rod90:

New pin? That thing has been passed around.

That’s what I thought. Purchased from PMP Amusements.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Hey Robert
I would have told the shippers to go F themselves.
That looks horrible
Also, thank you for your service

An honor to serve. I agree.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Inspected by sticker, that's funny how did they miss those service rails?? Demis B. be sleeping at the wheel.[quoted image]

Exactly, or maybe the pin was stored prior to shipping to me in a damp environment with no climate control. I bought it from PMP and Chris was very nice but something seemed off with this supposed NIB pin. There was too much going on with the box with all the hand written markings on it.

#13 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

Exactly, or maybe the pin was stored prior to shipping to me in a damp environment with no climate control. I bought it from PMP and Chris was very nice but something seemed off with this supposed NIB pin. There was too much going on with the box with all the hand written markings on it.

How did you pay?

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

How did you pay?

Credit Card

#15 4 months ago

Make them aware of your situation.

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

An honor to serve. I agree.

Yes, first off, I’ll reiterate, thanks for your service!!!

So I’m not going to act like a know-it-all here, but I’ve been here for a few cups of coffee, and I’ve never heard of this PMP company. I went to their website and it seems as if they only are distros for PB and Pedretti. I don’t know the last time I saw a US “distro” not have at least one US manufacturer as part of their line card.

Not saying PMP isn’t legit. Just sharing the fact I’ve never heard of them in my decade in the hobby, and I live on the east coast. If this were from Cointaker, there would be 5 dozen posts about how they’re going to make it right. With this PMP company, I wish you nothing but the best. Please share your experience here, and please reread the first sentence of this post again.

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yes, first off, I’ll reiterate, thanks for your service!!!
So I’m not going to act like a know-it-all here, but I’ve been here for a few cups of coffee, and I’ve never heard of this PMP company. I went to their website and it seems as if they only are distros for PB and Pedretti. I don’t know the last time I saw a US “distro” not have at least one US manufacturer as part of their line card.
Not saying PMP isn’t legit. Just sharing the fact I’ve never heard of them in my decade in the hobby, and I live on the east coast. If this were from Cointaker, there would be 5 dozen posts about how they’re going to make it right. With this PMP company, I wish you nothing but the best. Please share your experience here, and please reread the first sentence of this post again.

Thank you, an honor to serve. I will post the 2nd part of my experience with PMP and PB shortly. Wanted to get some feedback on what others would expect either from the distributor and or PB.

#18 4 months ago

I open the box while the dude that dropped it off waits before I sign the paperwork. I do the same thing every time. If the contents are not deemed acceptable, the delivery dude takes it and puts it back on the truck. I sure as hell don't sign for it. Also if that voice is telling you something ain't right, it usually ain't right. I have been known to ignore said voice and man I pay the price. I wish you the best in getting this sorted out. Talk to PMP, if no help there get with your CC company.

#19 4 months ago

Thank you for your service Sir! Call your credit card company and make a report pronto. They will withhold funds from the seller which is many time the impetus they need to make things right with the buyer.

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

Hello, I’m going to post some pictures and see the response. What would you do and expect if you received a NIB pin you paid $11k which includes shipping in this condition from a distributor? Monitor was faulty, rust on the slide rules, cabinet wood splitting, board fuse slot broken, looks to be moisture issues, unplayable, “Tip and Tell” on the box was crushed, cabinet decal separating and the corners under the lockbar crushed.
Thanks,
Robert
USMC
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

She’s fucked. For $11k I’d be unhappy. Needs to go back

#21 4 months ago

This sucks.

Really sucks.

Sorry dude. I'm a dealer, I work really hard to make sure that my customers never see this stuff. Yeah, it happens.

Sorry this happened to you.

#22 4 months ago

#23 4 months ago

Since you used a CC, reimbursement should be relatively streamlined. Sucks to see an Alien beat to hell like that.

YWFMS!!

#24 4 months ago

Just curious, are there any markings that indicate dates? Date of manufacture on the game, dates on any of the stickers or markings on the box?

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner

#25 4 months ago

Thank you for your service sir. It's because of men and women like yourself, we are given the opportunity to enjoy hobbies like this.

It seems to me that this game may have been rejected already and someone sold it again hoping it was not rejected at delivery. I would be nice to know how it looked when it was loaded on the truck from the distributor.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 4 months ago

First thanks for you service second this sucks.

#27 4 months ago

Robert, your distributor posted in the Alien thread.

You returned the damaged game at no cost, you got a new game, your distributor replaced the damaged parts, compensated you for your inconvenience, but didn’t give you a requested 10% refund.

Do I have the facts correct?

#28 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

You returned the damaged game at no cost, you got a new game, your distributor replaced the damaged parts, compensated you for your inconvenience, but didn’t give you a requested 10% refund.

Unless I missed something, I'm not sure how PMP compensated him for his inconvenience.

OP requested a 10% compensation (which, IMO is reasonable) and PMP told him "no".

I could be wrong but that's what I saw in the original thread.

#29 4 months ago

Fair. Sounds like the distributor offered a ‘small compensation’ which was rejected.

In either case, and with no skin in the game, it sounds like the distributor did what he could in a bad situation.

Quoted from perry1670:

I offer a smaller recompence which is not near the requested amount and it is rejected, then the posts on Facebook/Pinside start.

#30 4 months ago
Quoted from pokerag2:

I open the box while the dude that dropped it off waits before I sign the paperwork. I do the same thing every time. If the contents are not deemed acceptable, the delivery dude takes it and puts it back on the truck. I sure as hell don't sign for it. Also if that voice is telling you something ain't right, it usually ain't right. I have been known to ignore said voice and man I pay the price. I wish you the best in getting this sorted out. Talk to PMP, if no help there get with your CC company.

I can’t stress how important this is. I learned the lesson the hard way when I got a Godzilla NIB that was dropped at some point and all smashed up. The box was perfect with no rips so I signed for it and then had to wait multiple months for the whole thing to get resolved. Now I always open the box before signing no matter what the condition of the box is.

#31 4 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I can’t stress how important this is. I learned the lesson the hard way when I got a Godzilla NIB that was dropped at some point and all smashed up. The box was perfect with no rips so I signed for it and then had to wait multiple months for the whole thing to get resolved. Now I always open the box before signing no matter what the condition of the box is.

Yeah...whenever I buy I new pin, I wait for the truck to pull up and inspect the box before it gets unloaded.

I'm assuming the OP wasn't home when the pin was delivered? No way would I have accepted that.

#32 4 months ago

I say we all take that Demis B guy in the back of the alley and teach him a lesson.

#33 4 months ago

1/2 OT but generally:
Alien is not produced in the US. And while I know people in the US like their NIB games, most distributors here don’t sell NIB but a new opened and tested game, since such a lot can happen while shipping overseas.

So with games imported to the US I‘d ask my distributer for that service. You‘ll miss the joy of unboxing but you get rid of a lot of potential problems.

#34 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Fair. Sounds like the distributor offered a ‘small compensation’ which was rejected.
In either case, and with no skin in the game, it sounds like the distributor did what he could in a bad situation.

Tough situation when a game is delivered like that, but I would not be disappointed with the response from the distributer in this case.

#35 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

Thank you, an honor to serve. I will post the 2nd part of my experience with PMP and PB shortly. Wanted to get some feedback on what others would expect either from the distributor and or PB.

After reading the Alien thread, it sounds like they did the right thing. Not sure what this thread is about considering this isn't the machine you have in your possession now.

In fact, you should post a positive review for how quickly the distro solved a problem that wasn't even his. By accepting that box you have more culpability than he does.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

Unless I missed something, I'm not sure how PMP compensated him for his inconvenience.
OP requested a 10% compensation (which, IMO is reasonable) and PMP told him "no".
I could be wrong but that's what I saw in the original thread.

Compensation? Most people complain because their distros did nothing or next to nothing to resolve issues like this.
Sounds like the distro did the right thing by replacing the machine and the subsequent repairs without any hassle. That's about as good as it gets around here.

The distro paid the return and the second machine shipping. The customer accepted the machine from the shipper, so at that point any return for shipping issues really are his responsibility. So Shipping x 2 is the compensation.

<insert Cargument> Does your car dealer give you compensation for having to take a car in for warranty work and it's repaired timely?

#36 4 months ago

I don't understand this thread. Was the OP already made whole by the distributor and then proceeded to create this bash thread? I'm so confused. Was this resolved or not?

#37 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not quite but some of the facts are correct. A replacement machine was shipped and it was damaged and had multiple issues as well. It took over two months and a lot of work to finally get it squared away to be played like a new $11k pin should. After the first one was delivered I called the distributor and was contemplating disputing the charge. The distributor assured me that if I’d pack it up and ship it back he would send another and would inspect prior to shipping it. I got the replacement pin. The pin had issues as well and the “Tip Tell” was also crushed on this one, slight cab damage, lockbar wouldn’t lock into place and the metal apron was warped. I took photos again and called the distributor and he said that if I would keep the machine he’d send me parts to repair and we discussed a % refund for all the trouble. I was thinking maybe 10%. The distributor’s response at the time was “sure, that once I finally get the machine squared away we could definitely do that. This whole process started in October, so it took over two months to get the pin together in an acceptable state to play. Well now that we’re at the end of the road on this, he offered me $100. I politely told him to go ahead and keep it. Also Shawn w/PB told me early on in this two month process that they would definitely make it worth my while for all the trouble. I’m thinking maybe credit or maybe some add ons like the distributor was offering up earlier. Well, I ask Shawn about the “making it worth my while comment” two days ago and he said he should have been more clear about that comment and he was talking about sending me a cap or a T-shirt or something. I politely declined. I’m not saying I don’t like the pin or that the distributor or Shawn w/PB didn’t get me up and running. I’m just stating that I spent $11k on a pin and it absolutely didn’t feel like I was unboxing a new pin and it took over two months to get squared away. I have 5 other pins and never had an experience quite like this . The distributor and Shawn chalked it up to kind of they can’t control what happens during shipping and they’ll send parts out to get things squared away. The issues I had were not the simple replace a board, coil or flipper bats that are normal at times with a NIB pin. I do not dispute that the distributor and Shawn w/PB did finally get me the parts needed but I felt a little letdown at the end of the process when I thought they were going to do what they said and really make it worth my while for the trouble and they came back with an offer of $100 and a cap. I guess I was thinking maybe a credit % or Translite or something. Don’t get me wrong, I can purchase my own Translite or cap and % credit it not really that big of a deal. I spent &11k for the pin. For some reason though I feel like maybe they didn’t follow through on the making it worth my while for all the trouble. Two machines with issues and the “Tilt and Tell” smashed to bits seemed coincidental but I’m not a distributor, so maybe not. I guess I watched too many unboxings for these pins and all the boxes they were arrived in looked good and the contents were good. The two I received were nothing like that. Please keep in mind that my initial question to the group was “what would you do and what would you expect, so here’s a little more of the story. The reason for the question was that Shawn w/PB and the Distributor seemed imply new in the box on issues are to expected.

Thank you,
Robert Harmon
USMC

#38 4 months ago

Robert , I totally see your side of this and I’d be disappointed as well but it sounds like there’s a good chance the distro actually lost money on this if he paid back n forth shipping . While it’s not right for you to spend 11k for your experience the distro maybe is also spending money for you to get a pin . I have sympathy for both parties . I’ve received damaged boxes and have felt every time that they need to be beefier . The shipping gorillas don’t care so it’s up to the manufacturers to package better . My opinion . Don’t let the experience dampen your enjoyment of a great game .

#39 4 months ago

So I was busy responding in the Alien thread and on Facebook and now apparently in a whole new thread - so a little late on this one on replies.

For those who haven't had an opportunity or the inclination, below is my response copied from the Alien thread.

"
It was very unfortunate about what happened to the machine, we all hate to see something like that happen to a new pin! I'll try and give a brief rundown of events to avoid a potentially protracted drama session.

He was immediately offered the choice of a full refund or a new machine and choose a new machine. A new machine was shipped and the old one shipped back (obviously at no cost to him).

New machine arrives and it does not meet customer expectations. The Lockdown bar won't fully latch on one side and had cut into the front decal, the apron was "damaged" and the certificate of authenticity had a crease in it. So new lockdown bar, apron, front decal and certificate were mailed and installed and old "damaged" items returned. Pictures attached.

At this point the machine is good, and customer is happy. Customer requested a 10% refund which I unfortunately cannot oblige. I offer a smaller recompence which is not near the requested amount and it is rejected, then the posts on Facebook/Pinside start.

Through 72 minutes of phone conversation and over 110 emails I have tried to provide good customer service but unfortunately in this instance I was not able to meet customer expectations.

I truly hate having to make this sort of post and apologize because it detracts from what I feel the thread is truly about: talking about a really awesome game!"

While I find it disappointing that you decided to take this approach, it is your prerogative.

PXL_20231214_224639749 (resized).jpgPXL_20231214_224639749 (resized).jpgPXL_20231215_110403358 (resized).jpgPXL_20231215_110403358 (resized).jpgPXL_20231215_110431290 (resized).jpgPXL_20231215_110431290 (resized).jpg
#40 4 months ago
Quoted from perry1670:

He was immediately offered the choice of a full refund or a new machine and choose a new machine.

Robert you failed to mention this important piece of info. If you saw the potential hassle in this and were given a complete out maybe you should mention that if you want honest opinions and are not just trying to get your way.

#41 4 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Robert you failed to mention this important piece of info. If you saw the potential hassle in this and were given a complete out maybe you should mention that if you want honest opinions and are not just trying to get your way.

Not quite but some of the facts are correct. A replacement machine was shipped and it was damaged and had multiple issues as well. It took over two months and a lot of work to finally get it squared away to be played like a new $11k pin should. After the first one was delivered I called the distributor and was contemplating disputing the charge. The distributor assured me that if I’d pack it up and ship it back he would send another and would inspect prior to shipping it. I got the replacement pin. The pin had issues as well and the “Tip Tell” was also crushed on this one, slight cab damage, lockbar wouldn’t lock into place and the metal apron was warped. I took photos again and called the distributor and he said that if I would keep the machine he’d send me parts to repair and we discussed a % refund for all the trouble. I was thinking maybe 10%. The distributor’s response at the time was “sure, that once I finally get the machine squared away we could definitely do that. This whole process started in October, so it took over two months to get the pin together in an acceptable state to play. Well now that we’re at the end of the road on this, he offered me $100. I politely told him to go ahead and keep it. Also Shawn w/PB told me early on in this two month process that they would definitely make it worth my while for all the trouble. I’m thinking maybe credit or maybe some add ons like the distributor was offering up earlier. Well, I ask Shawn about the “making it worth my while comment” two days ago and he said he should have been more clear about that comment and he was talking about sending me a cap or a T-shirt or something. I politely declined. I’m not saying I don’t like the pin or that the distributor or Shawn w/PB didn’t get me up and running. I’m just stating that I spent $11k on a pin and it absolutely didn’t feel like I was unboxing a new pin and it took over two months to get squared away. I have 5 other pins and never had an experience quite like this . The distributor and Shawn chalked it up to kind of they can’t control what happens during shipping and they’ll send parts out to get things squared away. The issues I had were not the simple replace a board, coil or flipper bats that are normal at times with a NIB pin. I do not dispute that the distributor and Shawn w/PB did finally get me the parts needed but I felt a little letdown at the end of the process when I thought they were going to do what they said and really make it worth my while for the trouble and they came back with an offer of $100 and a cap. I guess I was thinking maybe a credit % or Translite or something. Don’t get me wrong, I can purchase my own Translite or cap and % credit it not really that big of a deal. I spent &11k for the pin. For some reason though I feel like maybe they didn’t follow through on the making it worth my while for all the trouble. Two machines with issues and the “Tilt and Tell” smashed to bits seemed coincidental but I’m not a distributor, so maybe not. I guess I watched too many unboxings for these pins and all the boxes they were arrived in looked good and the contents were good. The two I received were nothing like that. Please keep in mind that my initial question to the group was “what would you do and what would you expect, so here’s a little more of the story. The reason for the question was that Shawn w/PB and the Distributor seemed imply new in the box on issues are to expected.
Thank you,
Robert Harmon
USMC

#42 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

I definitely would have expected the distributor to work to get me a replacement game ASAP, which it sounds like the distributor did. On top of that, it sounds as if the distributor offered a full refund, which would have exceeded my expectations.

#43 4 months ago

Somebody needs to refund this guy a few paragraphs.

#44 4 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Please keep in mind my initial question was simply asking “ what would you do and what would you expect?” I wasn’t trying to get my way or bash anyone. I was just asking a question and then once I read the feedback I was going to post the rest of the story and ask this question to the group, “would you be satisfied?”

#45 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

Please keep in mind my initial question was simply asking “ what would you do and what would you expect?” I wasn’t trying to get my way or bash anyone. I was just asking a question and then once I read the feedback I was going to post the rest of the story and ask this question to the group, “would you be satisfied?”

I feel you have tried to paint this in a favorable light for your viewpoint- and you are right the "feels" of this transaction are going to be terrible for all parties involved. But once you were offered choices and made whole (and then some, just not enough is your contention) this should be the end of it.

Were we not going to feel mislead that the machine you posted pics of today has long since sent back?

#46 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

“would you be satisfied?”

With a distributor that:

1. offered me a full refund? Yes.
2. offered me a replacement machine? Yes.
3. paid for shipping both ways? Yes.
4. shipped replacement parts on machine #2? Yes.

#47 4 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I would have never signed for it nor accepted delivery that way.

1) I don't think most people understand this is even an option, if I wasn't in a field with LTL shipments etc, I would not have known I could refuse a shipment.

2)This just got interesting:

Quoted from perry1670:

So I was busy responding in the Alien thread and on Facebook and now apparently in a whole new thread - so a little late on this one on replies.

#48 4 months ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

From the details of your initial post, to you dropping the name of the distributor *all while failing to mention the recourse the distributor was offering you* - I definitely read that as bashing the distributor. I was reading this with a negative impression of the distributor, and that's on me I suppose, but I'd argue I would have thought differently had you initially mentioned the ways the distributor was working with you.

#49 4 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

She’s fucked. For $11k I’d be unhappy. Needs to go back

I don’t know. A little elbow grease, some minor parts, OP will only lose some time and money. Yeah, a fucking t-shirt? Pb can forget about sales from me for Ripley Edition. This is how they treat OP?

Seriously, I’ve made the drivers wait to open it up if I’m home when delivered. Crazy. Rails look like someone tried to steel wool them clean. Wtf.

#50 4 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

I feel you have tried to paint this in a favorable light for your viewpoint- and you are right the "feels" of this transaction are going to be terrible for all parties involved. But once you were offered choices and made whole (and then some, just not enough is your contention) this should be the end of it.
Were we not going to feel mislead that the machine you posted pics of today has long since sent back?

Thank you,
Robert Harmon
USMC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.95
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-my-new-pin-arrived and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.