(Topic ID: 140679)

How much do you let the " little things" get to you?

By MK6PIN

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MK6PIN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    393139-i.jpg
    383416-i.jpg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

....I enjoy working on the machines as much as playing them, but lean way towards the electronics because I know my limitations.....

I hate it when something is not working correctly.
    I don't have a priority list, because i must repair the flaw immediatly ....
    And, i it's getting worse .....

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

I hate it when something is not working correctly.
    I don't have a priority list, because i must repair the flaw immediatly ....
    And, i it's getting worse .....

It's harder to do that, the more you have. I've got a list a mile long to get done. Eventually.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

If any of you come over to my place to play and I tell you not to nudge or to take your rings off, please kick me in the balls. It would be well deserved.

Not the intent...nudging and normal play is way cool at my place as well.....only get antsy about " glass antics"...mainly smacking it....

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not the intent...nudging and normal play is way cool at my place as well.....only get antsy about " glass antics"...mainly smacking it....

How many sheets have been broke at your place, due to "glass antics"?

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

How many sheets have been broke at your place, due to "glass antics"?

Fortunately, none to this point ( only sheet broken was by me during maintenance, sucked heavily as they are all PDI )....but witnessing someone smack the glass at the end of a game scares the shit out of me....don't know if it would break from that, but prefer not to find out....I've had knees to the coin doors, and pretty good whacks on the cabinet by some....doesn't bother me....

My reaction to having a crappy " night at the table" is pretty consistent....nothing physical...just massive profanity, and an immediate power switch off...

#56 8 years ago

The enemy of good is better.

You also need to consider that in trying to make things better, you may end up making it worse!

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

The enemy of good is better.
    You also need to consider that in trying to make things better, you may end up making it worse!

Me trying to make my " good" cabinet " better" by myself will certainly end in " worse"........

Think if I do anything, it will be a new cab that is already painted, decaled w rails, or save my pennies and give it to Chris for 6 months...

Actually talked to my Son about my TAF tonight, and he said " you can't ever sell that machine dad, it was your first, you should fix the cabinet"...I was happy he seemed to care, but afraid this might cost me....

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-much-do-you-let-the-little-things-get-to-you/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.