(Topic ID: 351814)

How did mulitmorphic break out of this subforum?

By georgia

72 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by manadams
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should multimorphic be in boutique sub forum?”

• Yes of course. They're the quintessential boutique pinball maker. 8 votes
      33%
    • No. I think they've made at least 100 games in the last 10 years. 6 votes
      25%
    • Multi... who? 10 votes
      42%

(24 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

This topic is closed.

#1 72 days ago

Just curious how multimorphic broke out of the boutique pinball sub forum and got their own forum?

I think Haggis has probably sold more games.

#2 72 days ago

There's no formal rule in place. Usually it's a combination between the number of shipped titles and the amount of discussions on the forums. Basically, it needs to be worth the setup time in the forum software and database.

#3 72 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's no formal rule in place. Usually it's a combination between the number of shipped titles and the amount of discussions on the forums. Basically, it needs to be worth the setup time in the forum software and database.

Shipped titles or shipped cabinets?

In most peoples minds, there's no way multimorphic is NOT a boutique pinball maker. Due to their product, they'll never be anything but that honestly.

#4 72 days ago

I'm obviously not Multimorphic's #1 fan, but they deserve their own forum. And Multimorhpic has absolutely outsold Haggis in base machines and modules shipped both. On top of their pinball machines, they have an extensive line of computer boards that are widely sold and discussed in the homebrew scene.

#5 72 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

And Multimorhpic has absolutely outsold Haggis in base machines

what are your sources?

A module is not a pinball game is it?

#6 72 days ago

Ok, I'll bite...Haggis has shipped, what 1 original game and 2 remakes? Multimorphic has 20 different games.
    I, for one, am very glad that MM has their own sub-forum, I check it often for news about the company.

#7 72 days ago

Is this a serious thread?

#8 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

what are your sources?
    A module is not a pinball game.

Well... if you take pinside self reported numbers at face value, there are 138 Weird Al's in collections and 95 Haggis Fathoms of any variety... I seriously doubt anyone who owns a Weird Al doesn't also own a base.

#9 72 days ago

Missing the point of this thread. Who cares. OP seem to be taking a stance to bait people into an argument about an pinside feature no one even notices.

#10 72 days ago

Well... if you take pinside self reported numbers at face value, there are 138 Weird Al's in collections and 95 Haggis Fathoms of any variety... I seriously doubt anyone who owns a Weird Al doesn't also own a base.

Agreed. You could take the largest number of p3 modules (games?) and that would be your base number. Is it weird al at 138?

Haggis made 52 celts and will eventually (hopefully) make 250 fathom mermaids and an unknown number of fathom standards. Far more than the P3.

Devils advocate here.

#11 72 days ago
    Quoted from jgreene:

Missing the point of this thread. Who cares. OP seem to be taking a stance to bait people into an argument about an pinside feature no one even notices.

nailed it

#12 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

Agreed. You could take the largest number of p3 modules (games?) and that would be your base number. Is it weird al at 138?
    Haggis made 52 celts and will eventually make 250 fathom mermaids and an unknown number of fathom standards. Far more than the P3.
    Devils advocate here.

Devil's advocate here... Weird Al is one module of what... 10? And my numbers are self reported so are only a fraction of what was actually built. Also, Multimorphic has a solid record of actually delivering games people pay for. To the best of my knowledge, they've delivered every game ever paid for, excepting the most recent batch of Final Resistance orders still in production. Haggis still owes people machines that were ordered... in 2021 now.

Edit
    If we are comparing apples to apples here... there are 19 celts in pinside collections and 95 fathoms of any type... still less than Weird Al (one module).

#13 72 days ago

Highway and Dutch have their owns threads as well.

Why does any of this matter?

#14 72 days ago

Devil's advocate here... Weird Al is one module of what... 10? And my numbers are self reported so are only a fraction of what was actually built. Also, Multimorphic has a solid record of actually delivering games people pay for. To the best of my knowledge, they've delivered every game ever paid for, excepting the most recent batch of Final Resistance orders still in production. Haggis still owes people machines that were ordered... in 2021 now.

To figure out how many cabinets (actual physical pinball games with 4 legs) multimorphic has made, you could check the reported numbers of each module and simply use the highest number. Did they make 200 of any module? Right. No they didn't. So how are they NOT a boutique company? You know it's a valid question.

#15 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

To figure out how many cabinets (actual physical pinball games with 4 legs) multimorphic has made, you could check the reported numbers of each module and simply use the highest number. Did they make 200 of any module? Right. No they didn't. So how are they NOT a boutique company?

You are welcome to whine about why Multimorphic doesn't deserve its own subforum all day long. There are more of them in pinside collections than Haggis. There is more chatter about them than Haggis. The mods have told you why. Others have told you why. You do you.

#16 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

Haggis made 52 celts and will eventually (hopefully) make 250 fathom mermaids and an unknown number of fathom standards.

Is there an eventually (hopefully) subforum?

#17 72 days ago

You are welcome to whine about why Multimorphic doesn't deserve its own subforum all day long. There are more of them in pinside collections than Haggis. There is more chatter about them than Haggis. The mods have told you why. Others have told you why. You do you.

Personal insults aside... how many actual P3 cabinets are out there in the world? It can't be much more than the highest number of modules reported on pinside. And what is that number? Weird AL @ 138?

138 pinball games shipped. Definitely not a boutique pinball maker. Nope! <rolleyes>

#18 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

Haggis made 52 celts and will eventually (hopefully) make 250 fathom mermaids and an unknown number of fathom standards. Far more than the P3.
    Devils advocate here.

The last time I did a napkin math calculation on general numbers, I think it was about 1/3 of shipped production numbers of a title were getting added to Pinside collections. You can work this out yourself with any game titles that have confirmed numbers and extrapolate from there for the games that don't have confirmed production numbers.

Regardless, like I said earlier, the number of individual titles and the number of discussions taking place are the main things that tend to trigger the creation of a new manufacturer sub-forum. Think of it like overflow--once the boutique forum starts filling up with discussions concerning one manufacturer, then it's generally time to open the value and relocate them for the sake of keeping things organized.

Production numbers shown on paper don't really matter much. It's titles that tend to drive discussions.

[edit]: Doing a quick search, there's maybe 20 or so haggis-related threads. That's not a whole lot. Multimorphic is 3x that, plus whatever is in the tech help and modding sub-forums.

#19 72 days ago

Hot take: Any pinball manufacturer founded after the year 2000 is a boutique company

#20 72 days ago

Pretty simple.

Multimorphic deserves it.

LTG : )

#21 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

how many actual P3 cabinets are out there in the world? It can't be much more than the highest number of module reported on pinside.

And the foundation for this speculation is …?

Pinside numbers are not exhaustive and the number of any particular module is not particularly illustrative. For example, I have a P3 but not Weird Al. So how does your math account for me?

#22 72 days ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

And the foundation for this speculation is …?
    Pinside numbers are not exhaustive and the number of any particular module is not particularly illustrative. For example, I have a P3 but not Weird Al. So how does your math account for me?

Then you would search the modules that you own on pinside and see which one has the highest number of reported ownership. Is any of them higher than 138 werid al?

As forceflow mentioned you could just multiply that pinside reported number by 3 to get the total number of games in the wild. So, 138 x 3 = 414 games. Make 400 games and get your own forum on pinside. Seems legit.

#23 72 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pretty simple.
    Multimorphic deserves it.

shouldnt you be working at american pinball? not posting on pinside.

#24 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

shouldnt you be working at american pinball? not posting on pinside.

Dude~!

#25 72 days ago

Get back to work lloyd! David fix is counting on you.

#26 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

Then you would search the modules that you own on pinside and see which one has the highest number of reported ownership. Is any of them higher than 138 werid al?
    As forceflow mentioned you could just multiply that pinside reported number by 3 to get the total number of games in the wild. So, 138 x 3 = 414 games. Make 400 games and get your own forum on pinside. Seems legit.

So many dubious assumptions.
    Bad logic, bad math.

#27 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

shouldnt you be working at american pinball?

Just answered a tech support for CGC, and one for AP. I'm at work in my arcade, patiently waiting on help to set up GTF and HW.

Taking a break and checking Pinside right now. Any second I'll be in a flurry of activity.

#28 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

Get back to work lloyd!

Any minute now.

#29 72 days ago

I'm confused about why georgia, who is clearly d0n, is back just to air his grievances. Wasn't he banned for toxic behavior? He hasn't changed...

I make a joke account TreyBong420 and the mods instantly froze my accounts (even though TreyBo69 was deactivated, so I wasn't using two accounts at once which was the reason I was told for the freezing). Come on mods...

#30 72 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm confused about why georgia, who is clearly d0n, is back just to air his grievances. Wasn't he banned for toxic behavior? He hasn't changed...
    I make a joke account TreyBong420 and the mods instantly froze my accounts (even though TreyBo69 was deactivated, so I wasn't using two accounts at once which was the reason I was told for the freezing). Come on mods...

Not sure who don is but your conclusion that i am him is a little off putting. Please cite your sources. Just because you make up fake (joke?) names here doesnt mean everyone else does. Im sure the mods have ways of figuring out who is who. ip addresses for starters.

#31 72 days ago
    Quoted from georgia:

Not sure who don is but your conclusion that i am him is a little off putting. Please cite your sources. Just because you make up fake names here doesnt mean everyone else does.

here is your for sale ad for a Spiderman

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spider-man-ve-near-atlanta-ga-

here is d0n selling a TNA
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-total-nuclear-annihilation-ce-4

great job at being stealthy ya dingus

#32 72 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm confused about why georgia, who is clearly d0n....

Ahhhhh....makes sense.

#33 72 days ago

I definitely only have 1 TNA. Not 2. Case closed.

#34 72 days ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Thanks for the heads up. It was indeed a duplicate account.

If anyone has suspicions like this in the future, please feel free to share it with us directly and/or privately so we can see it and investigate.

#36 72 days ago

Sure looks like it now lol.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-did-mulitmorphic-break-out-of-this-subforum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.