Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Mudflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1337 (resized).png
    IMG_1273 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1262 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1249 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1248 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1229 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1235 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1227 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1209 (resized).jpeg
    trim.CC53A400-A261-40CF-AA5D-1C4F4D87AAB7.gif
    There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 6 months ago

How do you handle the inserts on your decals? Are they transparent, or is the whole decal transparent. Mine is white and i cut the inserts out of the decal which leaves me with a not so good finish, but the lights are nice and shiny.

#252 6 months ago

Excited.

#253 6 months ago

3 more days!

#254 6 months ago

Super excited!

#255 6 months ago

Can’t wait to see this!!!

IMG_4588 (resized).jpegIMG_4588 (resized).jpeg
    #257 6 months ago
    Flyer_final (resized).pngFlyer_final (resized).png
    #258 6 months ago

Damn dude, that is some top level stuff! Trailer is better than a lot of the 'official' releases we see! So well done, can't wait to play it at TPF.

#259 6 months ago

Amazing! Incredible work.

I’m not sure what you do for a living, but one of the pinball manufacturers should offer you a job.

#260 6 months ago

IMG_0253 (resized).jpegIMG_0253 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0244 (resized).jpegIMG_0244 (resized).jpegIMG_0245 (resized).jpegIMG_0245 (resized).jpegIMG_0246 (resized).jpegIMG_0246 (resized).jpegIMG_0249 (resized).jpegIMG_0249 (resized).jpegIMG_0250 (resized).jpegIMG_0250 (resized).jpegIMG_0251 (resized).jpegIMG_0251 (resized).jpegIMG_0265 (resized).jpegIMG_0265 (resized).jpegIMG_0257 (resized).jpegIMG_0257 (resized).jpegIMG_0261 (resized).jpegIMG_0261 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0259 (resized).jpegIMG_0259 (resized).jpegIMG_0267 (resized).jpegIMG_0267 (resized).jpegIMG_0270 (resized).jpegIMG_0270 (resized).jpegIMG_0272 (resized).jpegIMG_0272 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0260 (resized).jpegIMG_0260 (resized).jpegIMG_0263 (resized).jpegIMG_0263 (resized).jpegIMG_0247 (resized).jpegIMG_0247 (resized).jpegIMG_0248 (resized).jpegIMG_0248 (resized).jpegIMG_0255 (resized).jpegIMG_0255 (resized).jpegIMG_0256 (resized).jpegIMG_0256 (resized).jpeg
    #261 6 months ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Damn dude, that is some top level stuff! Trailer is better than a lot of the 'official' releases we see!

Right!?! So good.

#262 6 months ago

An incredible looking machine! Nice work!

#263 6 months ago

Looks awesome. Great work. Any plans for some art blades?

#265 6 months ago

This is what I have been wanting in pinball for a looong time!!! This looks great!!!
    And in typical pinside fashion......put me on the list

Great work!!

#266 6 months ago

Wow! Absolutely amazing!!
    Great Job!! When you taking pre orderes lol

#267 6 months ago

This is unbelievable! So we’ll executed.

#268 6 months ago

Fantastic work! Congrats!

#269 6 months ago

Holy SHIT. I want one

#271 6 months ago

Looks awesome ! Someone please make this pin !

#272 6 months ago

Nice work Kyle!

#273 6 months ago

Awesome awesomeness, crazy trailer and a superb pinball machine !
    Love the head coming from the ground, I don't remember seeing that on your thread.
    Did you already explained it, how it's wroking ? Maybe I saw it but I can't remenber.

The callouts, the details, the build : increbible !
    Bravo !

#274 6 months ago

I'm going to need some smelling salts... stat! Looks AMAZING!!!

*faints*

#275 6 months ago

Really awesome!

#276 6 months ago

Very cool!

#277 6 months ago

This is absolutely amazing. This came out way better than I expected. I guess I have to go to TPF again next year just to play this game. I'm sure the license would be a nightmare to actually get this into production. Just so many assets and actors from the different movies. This is such great work. Most homebrews look like, well, homemade. This looks about as legit manufactured as you can get. And the speed you completed it from start to finish. Great job.

#278 6 months ago

Thanks so much for the nice comments! From the cocktail napkin sketch to now has been a year. I can't stress enough how much help I got from the homebrew community.

A few comments on the game:
    - The playfield art isn't final... I have several color adjustments along with some other stuff
    - The toys will get a makeover, and of course, Pamela Voorhees needs candles...
    - I have crazy plans for the lightshows, right now they're fairly ordinary
    - The first five movies and Final Girl battles are coded, now onto the remaining movies
    - The playfield has a decal, but I'm planning to have the direct-printed playfield by TPF
    - The translite art is a placeholder... I'm talking with someone super awesome for something more epic
    - I just got the art for the plastics today... holy crap! All the art on the plastics now is a placeholder
    - I didn't have time to change out the Hobbit orc on the pop-up target, but I have the mask ready for prep and painting... it's going to be cool

Knapp Arcade posted a story on the game, so I'm super famous now... Happy Friday the 13th, and I'll see everyone at TPF!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/a-look-at-the-new-personal-homebrew-pinball-machine-friday-the-13th

#279 6 months ago

Looks awesome Kyle!

#280 6 months ago

Excellent work!

#281 6 months ago

It looks killer, Kyle.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#282 6 months ago

Kyle you have absolutely crushed it! On every level and with every detail in the art, layout, toys, innovation, theme immersion and even the launch campaign! A true masterpiece.
    And me and the boys appreciate all of the advice and guidance you have shared with us throughout our homebrew build! Can’t wait to play Friday and maybe one day having our pins side by side at a show!

#283 6 months ago

Amazing work, thanks for sharing with everyone!

#284 6 months ago

Very very nice work!!!!

IMG_3320 (resized).jpegIMG_3320 (resized).jpeg
    #285 6 months ago

Awesome job man!

#286 6 months ago

I got 5 words for you, brother......WOW!

#287 6 months ago

e3tq0n553g351 (resized).pnge3tq0n553g351 (resized).png

But seriously, great work and would love a pin like this!

#288 6 months ago

This is amazing how the hell did you make this. Ship me the machine now !

#289 6 months ago

Stern, Jersey jack, American, screw you , mudflaps pinball is in business!!!!

#290 6 months ago

Amazing job. I'm in awe. Game looks really fun to shoot and looks great!

#291 6 months ago

How did I miss this thread???? Fantastic!!

#292 6 months ago

Awesome thread.

#293 6 months ago

Awe shit, looks like I’m bookin a flight to Texas next year!

Dream theme, I’d buy this 100%.

#294 6 months ago

You should be very proud.

#295 6 months ago

Wow! Your game is amazing. I think a lot of have aspirations to design and build our own games but lack the skill, imagination, and fortitude to follow it through. Congratulations!

#296 6 months ago

I watched, I learned, I saw some pretty amazing talent, and I expected a really good homebrew from you Kyle, but this... this has become next level in every single aspect.
    We've talked back and forth with the "crew" for about a year, and I knew your talent level was on par for this.
    You have taken what the pinball party podcast called "childish talent" and made them eat their words on this build.
    Super proud of you, and all you do for the rest of us out here. We can only hope to achieve what you have done here, and thanks for being such a great guy in discord, and as a homebrewer.

#297 6 months ago
    Quoted from MrBigg:

I watched, I learned, I saw some pretty amazing talent, and I expected a really good homebrew from you Kyle, but this... this has become next level in every single aspect.
    We've talked back and forth with the "crew" for about a year, and I knew your talent level was on par for this.
    You have taken what the pinball party podcast called "childish talent" and made them eat their words on this build.
    Super proud of you, and all you do for the rest of us out here. We can only hope to achieve what you have done here, and thanks for being such a great guy in discord, and as a homebrewer.

Wow, thanks so much! I’m pretty self-critical and tend to focus on the stuff I need to improve, but I truly appreciate everyone’s help and motivation as we all fumble our way through our own builds.

The homebrew crew has created some incredible work, and I’m hopeful we continue to help each other out and lift each other up.

#298 6 months ago

It's great to see this project come to fruition. Nice presentation of a very cool era of horror made into a pin. beautiful job!! If I can make the trip to Texas 2024 this is one of the reasons to be there.

#299 6 months ago

Peekaboo!

IMG_0402.gifIMG_0402.gif
    #300 6 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Peekaboo![quoted image]

Looks great! Are you going to put a decal on the top of the bracket?

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrew-friday-the-13th/page/6?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.