(Topic ID: 323202)

Friday the 13th Pinball

By Mudflaps

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1337 (resized).png
    IMG_1273 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1262 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1247 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1249 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1248 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1229 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1235 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1236 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1227 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1220 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1209 (resized).jpeg
    trim.CC53A400-A261-40CF-AA5D-1C4F4D87AAB7.gif
    There are 414 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 1 year ago

Amazing stuff man, love it!

#152 1 year ago

Congrats on a succ4startup, and flip! Always a great feeling when no magic smoke comes out!

#153 1 year ago

yes!!!! flippin in a cab, with art, with a screen and basic code…killing it!!!!

#155 1 year ago

Fuck yeah! Amazing dude!

#156 1 year ago

Wow, lot's of progress, looks almost finish !

No problem with the weight of the cable in the backglass ?
    They don't pull too much on the cobrapin ?

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from leeoneil:

Wow, lot's of progress, looks almost finish !
    No problem with the weight of the cable in the backglass ?
    They don't pull too much on the cobrapin ?

I need to install wiring harness supports in the backbox and under the playfield. I’m still checking connections and placements, but you’re right, you don’t want wires pulling on the board.

1 week later
    #158 1 year ago

In order:

1. Plunge to the drops
    Plunge.gif.GIFPlunge.gif.GIF

2. Pamela kickback
    Plunge.gif.GIFPlunge.gif.GIF

3. Left kickback
    Left kickback.gif.GIFLeft kickback.gif.GIF

4. Left orbit to the pops
    Pops.gif.GIFPops.gif.GIF

5. Left ramp to ball hold (flipper will eventually be Jason)
    Left ramp.gif.GIFLeft ramp.gif.GIF

6. Right ramp to ball hold
    Right ramp.gif.GIFRight ramp.gif.GIF

Pamela kickback.gif.GIFPamela kickback.gif.GIF
    #159 1 year ago

Hell yeah! Looks great. Text me some play video when you have a chance!

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

In order:
    1. Plunge to the drops
    [quoted image]
    2. Pamela kickback
    [quoted image]
    3. Left kickback
    [quoted image]
    4. Left orbit to the pops
    [quoted image]
    5. Left ramp to ball hold (flipper will eventually be Jason)
    [quoted image]
    6. Right ramp to ball hold
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Amazing! OMG. That middle ramp to left hold is sick! Looks like a flow monster.

#161 1 year ago

Looks fantastic Mr Flaps!

#162 1 year ago

Happy Mother’s Day, and don’t forget to hug your Mom!
    IMG_7881 (resized).jpegIMG_7881 (resized).jpeg
    Let’s make some light shows!
    IMG_7880 (resized).jpegIMG_7880 (resized).jpeg

#163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Happy Mother’s Day, and don’t forget to hug your Mom!
    [quoted image]
    Let’s make some light shows!
    [quoted image]

looks so good!!!!

#164 1 year ago

Inserts and GI are wired and working. I have a decent attract light show, but I’ll play around with the Light Show Creator.

Skill shot is coded and working (with some bugs I’ll squash). Next up is combos, supers, weapons and ball saves. Modes and multiballs once I have some experience.

And watch out for Roy, he looks pissed!

IMG_7909 (resized).jpegIMG_7909 (resized).jpegIMG_7916 (resized).jpegIMG_7916 (resized).jpegIMG_7913 (resized).jpegIMG_7913 (resized).jpeg
    #166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Inserts and GI are wired and working. I have a decent attract light show, but I’ll play around with the Light Show Creator.
    Skill shot is coded and working (with some bugs I’ll squash). Next up is combos, supers, weapons and ball saves. Modes and multiballs once I have some experience.
    And watch out for Roy, he looks pissed![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Mudflaps:

And watch out for Roy, he looks pissed![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude I am losing my mind over here! this is so amazing!!!

#167 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Dude I am losing my mind over here! this is so amazing!!!

Ha, yours isn't too far behind. Keep it up! Looking forward to a peek at the artwork, and your UI on the base mode is fantastic.

#168 1 year ago

Saturday morning coffee and MPF Monitor. Learning the ropes with this, then lightshow creator.

IMG_7918 (resized).jpegIMG_7918 (resized).jpeg
    #169 1 year ago

Exciting bro!

#170 1 year ago

Looking really good. You are rolling right along.

#171 1 year ago

Hey so I'm finally getting back to Pinside and apparently have missed a lot, man this is looking great! Naturally the theme is awesome, 80's horror movies totally rock. but the layout, the cabinet, cabinet art I'm sure they'll be some greater things to come. looking forward to seeing more of this.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Saturday morning coffee and MPF Monitor. Learning the ropes with this, then lightshow creator. [quoted image]

Love the coffee mig Easter Egg!
    And glad you are positive…I am struggling with MPF at the moment!

2 weeks later
    #173 1 year ago

So it dawned on me that I tackled a project covering 11 movies and 2 video games (13 total sources)! Needless to say, I’m working with a mountain of video, music, sound and voice assets.

Today’s challenge: I ran seven of my voice actors through an AI filter to clean up the audio, then converted through Audacity. The game has music and a few sound effects, and while some modes are working, they’re fairly basic and will need lights, sounds and additional rules.

I also had to grab a satellite board because my switch count exceeded the Cobra board. More wiring, sigh.

My 3D printer decided to shit the bed, so that set me back. We’re up and running now, and I’m messing around with Pamela Voorhees’ stone table and the pier from Part 7.

Anyway, slow going but we’re getting there.
    IMG_7988 (resized).jpegIMG_7988 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #174 1 year ago

Lots of code progress… toys & mechs not so much. I had to spend a few hours adding the satellite board, still a few switches and coils to go. The plastics are just foam core mock-ups.

I have a skill shot, super skill shot, upper & lower lane changes, callouts, sound effects, music, etc. The game tracks weapons and jump scares (combos) as well as switches that add to Supers. Lots of video clips with waaaay more to come.

My playfield artist is behind but already started. My translite artist is in queue, but I have a backup just in case.

Anyway, we have enough code to pass for a 1960s Gottlieb! Much more to come.

IMG_8022 (resized).jpegIMG_8022 (resized).jpegIMG_8023 (resized).jpegIMG_8023 (resized).jpegIMG_8026 (resized).jpegIMG_8026 (resized).jpegIMG_8029 (resized).jpegIMG_8029 (resized).jpegIMG_8031 (resized).jpegIMG_8031 (resized).jpeg
    #175 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lots of code progress… toys & mechs not so much. I had to spend a few hours adding the satellite board, still a few switches and coils to go. The plastics are just foam core mock-ups.
    I have a skill shot, super skill shot, upper & lower lane changes, callouts, sound effects, music, etc. The game tracks weapons and jump scares (combos) as well as switches that add to Supers. Lots of video clips with waaaay more to come.
    My playfield artist is behind but already started. My translite artist is in queue, but I have a backup just in case.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good. I'm no expert at these movies but who's Freddy? Are you playing as Jason and killing peeps and battling Kreuger as wizard mode? Awesome.

Edit... I see it explained in your first post. Still awesome.

#176 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gillen:

Looking good. I'm no expert at these movies but who's Freddy? Are you playing as Jason and killing peeps and battling Kreuger as wizard mode? Awesome.
    Edit... I see it explained in your first post. Still awesome.

Ha, thanks. My good friend Nevus is always asking how my stupid Freddy game is coming along. They’re all silly movies.

#177 1 year ago

Looking badass, man!

#178 1 year ago

Outstanding! Really well done so far - looking like a fun project. Looking forward to seeing this one come to life.

#179 1 year ago

Looks amazing!!!!! are you using pics or video clips so far? having a hard time finding .wav files for my pin and .mpgs seem to crash MPF

#180 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Looks amazing!!!!! are you using pics or video clips so far? having a hard time finding .wav files for my pin and .mpgs seem to crash MPF

Just texted you, but it’s all video. Let’s collaborate and make some awesome games!

#181 1 year ago

30FathomDave just told me about this project and it looks AMAZING! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to play it someday… I mean, I am everyone’s 2nd favorite Swearwolf.

Really looks great, man. Definitely excited to see more updates as they come.

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks really professional. Nice work. I am wondering the camp crystal lake sign looks too big and was wondering if you scaled it down and turned it into a spinner if that would work?

#183 1 year ago

Crystal Lake sign size looks fine to me.

#184 1 year ago
    Quoted from BretBMF:

30FathomDave just told me about this project and it looks AMAZING! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to play it someday… I mean, I am everyone’s 2nd favorite Swearwolf.
    Really looks great, man. Definitely excited to see more updates as they come.

Hey dude! Congrats on 250 episodes, and thanks for the laughs and keeping me entertained on my drive to work. I’ve missed you guys a few times at some of the conventions, but maybe we can have a beer in MD or NJ later this year.

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

This looks really professional. Nice work. I am wondering the camp crystal lake sign looks too big and was wondering if you scaled it down and turned it into a spinner if that would work?

The spinner is a good idea, I don’t have art for that section yet. The rest of the toys are placeholders, I have a giant box of shit I’m experimenting with. Whatever the size, the Crystal Lake sign is definitely going somewhere.

I had some trouble getting the random weapons working, but octomodz and the awesome MPF support network got me squared away. One of the game achievements is to collect all 13 weapons including the garden shears, leather belt, sleeping bag, road flare and birthday kazoo!

#186 1 year ago

I like the idea of collecting camping items vs points. I am interested in what you do with the dock. I can see a single light pole led light and the rest of the game is completely black and shooting for targets while the sound of a swimming girl is screaming in the water for help. Iconic.

SmartSelect_20230619-011624_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230619-011624_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #187 1 year ago

love that theme, looking forward to see this in action

#188 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hey dude! Congrats on 250 episodes, and thanks for the laughs and keeping me entertained on my drive to work. I’ve missed you guys a few times at some of the conventions, but maybe we can have a beer in MD or NJ later this year.

I’ll be at both NJ Horror Con (August) and Monster Mania MD (October) - hit me up!

#189 1 year ago

Cool to see a local guy doing such great work! Nice job!

#190 1 year ago
    Quoted from BretBMF:

I’ll be at both NJ Horror Con (August) and Monster Mania MD (October) - hit me up!

We’ll be at the MD Monster Mania in October… three Jasons for the price of one!

IMG_8106 (resized).jpegIMG_8106 (resized).jpeg
    #191 1 year ago

We go to Monstermania all the time. Its awesome all be it a tad crowded. Derek is one of the nicest celebs you'll ever meet.

#192 1 year ago

This just keeps getting better and better. I love the lit inserts that form the Jason mask outline.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from cookpins:

This just keeps getting better and better. I love the lit inserts that form the Jason mask outline.

I just saw the rough draft art for this section, and it’s pretty awesome.

#194 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha, thanks. My good friend Nevus is always asking how my stupid Freddy game is coming along. They’re all silly movies.

I heard that!
    Also, I think this would be a good backglass.

IMG_4600 (resized).jpegIMG_4600 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #195 12 months ago

Lots of progress, mostly code. With tons of help from my fellow homebrew builders, I was able to finish the weapons (mystery) mode and movie qualify mode. Knock down the center drops, hit the scoop, and choose your movie. I’ll need to refine the screen layout, it’s fairly simple now.

I made about 25 adjustments to the current playfield, so the third (and hopefully) final prototype playfield should fix some problems. Another playfield swap, yeah!

The art is taking some time, as expected. I was super pleased with the rough draft, and I think it’s going to turn out nice.

IMG_8172 (resized).jpegIMG_8172 (resized).jpegIMG_8174 (resized).jpegIMG_8174 (resized).jpegIMG_8175 (resized).jpegIMG_8175 (resized).jpegIMG_8179 (resized).jpegIMG_8179 (resized).jpeg
    #196 12 months ago

Ohhh man, I’m so pumped to play this one day at a show!

#197 12 months ago

Your game is looking truly awesome! Congrats!

I am curious what NOS plastic ramps you used - what game(s) they are from, and who you got them from. Loving your PF layout and theme integration!

#198 12 months ago

Looks amazing! OMG your ideas are giving me new ideas now lol!

#199 12 months ago
    Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

Your game is looking truly awesome! Congrats!
    I am curious what NOS plastic ramps you used - what game(s) they are from, and who you got them from. Loving your PF layout and theme integration!

The center ramp is Stern Kiss. The right ramp is T2. I have parts from The Hobbit, TWD, Halloween, Flash, Iron Man, Tron, TNA and others. It’s a hodge podge!

I spent a long weekend coding, so I’m happy to report I have 4 selectable modes, so just the first 4 movies now. I’d like the get those more robust, then incorporate a multiball, then combos. I’d also like to cut my plastics and finalize the toys.

I can’t say it enough, the homebrew community has been awesome with helping me with code.

Oh yeah, the playfield art is looking phenomenal. Here’s a very small black and white sneak peek.

IMG_8199 (resized).jpegIMG_8199 (resized).jpeg

#200 11 months ago

Coming out great!

There are 414 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homebrew-friday-the-13th/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.