Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

I have had someone (a non-pinball person) who knows I'm a "Zale guy" reach out to me with the offer of a Bally Expressway. From the pictures I've seen, the backglass is good, cabinet is original (can't see the sides, but it doesn't appear to have been repainted). Playfield is absolutely filthy with broken rubber that appears to have melted into the surface, but it doesn't appear to be planked, and the plastics all look complete (warped, but I can fix that). He says it "works" (it lights up-- I doubt it actually starts a game). Assume it needs to be completely gone through.

I'm not going to say what his asking price was (nor what I think would be a reasonable offer), as I don't want to influence your thinking. I want, but don't need this game (I don't really have room for it... I end up rotating what's set up in my row of EM's as I don't have enough room), so if I can't come to an agreement with him it's not the end of the world.

So based on that description, what do *you* think is a reasonable offer?

#2 8 months ago

I won't speculate on the price because it is so dependent on location.

I will say that it is a very good game and pretty unique in that you have to spell EXPRESSWAY in order. Not an easy task.

I just wish it was an Add-A Ball. That would make it even better.

#3 8 months ago

Doesn’t come up often. If you’re specifically looking for this title, be prepared to pay a few $’s more if you have to…maybe over $1k even. Don’t get ridiculous and offer more than that. 700-800 sounds right to me if it plays. Maybe 500-600 if it doesn’t.

Your offer should take his asking price into consideration. If he’s double what you think it’s worth and he’s serious you may be out of luck.

And I know…because I’ve been buying EM’s (1) since the beginning of August!

(Only posting cause you don’t have a number yet)

Good luck.

#4 8 months ago

Expressway is a fun game that I've had awhile. Mine has a nice pf, but the bg is flakey. Until last weekend at Cal Extreme when it started blowing the coil fuse it played like a champ. I haven't been able to get 600 for it out here on the central coast of california. Yet someone offered 800 for the Bally Ballerina I brought with a mismatched coin door and a MacGyvered start plunger.

Back where you are... No more than 400.

#5 8 months ago

Heck I'd ship mine to you for 1k!

#6 8 months ago

I had a guy ask $1400 for an incomplete Fireball. Four weeks later, he took $500 from me.

It all depends. No offense to anyone, but everyone thinks their stuff is worth way more than it actually is.

#7 8 months ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Heck I'd ship mine to you for 1k!

Supporting a good friend here! Great deal on a West Coast Expressway!

#8 8 months ago

Thanks Gents. He's at $700, I'm pretty firm at $300, given that it needs a lot of work and I'd value it around $700 when it's cleaned up and running like a top.

edednedy I agree-- I love me some Bally add-a-balls. I've got 4 of them in the collection at the moment.

#9 8 months ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Thanks Gents. He's at $700, I'm pretty firm at $300, given that it needs a lot of work and I'd value it around $700 when it's cleaned up and running like a top.
edednedy I agree-- I love me some Bally add-a-balls. I've got 4 of them in the collection at the moment.

Yeah, I'd say you're making a fair offer.

#10 8 months ago

Depending on how truly bad the PF is and whether actually working or not.
I'd say $500 max
your $300 initial offer is not out of line.

I like my Expressway
Tough challenging game

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

Without pics and since it's a project, I agree on your $300

#12 8 months ago

The consensus seems to be about $300 which is exactly the amount I was going to suggest. I didn't because, with the prices I've seen lately, I thought everyone would think that was too low. Good to know people are coming back to reality.

This made me look at Pinsides estimated values. They need to rethink how that's figured. Using their value my Aerobatics is worth $2000 (even though none were sold).

You can't value something based on asking price. It artificially inflates the price. Especially with a small sample size.

#13 8 months ago

Was there pictures of the game posted somewhere? This pricing thread is odd to me, no one apparently wants the game including the op.

#14 8 months ago

The only reason I don't want it is because I already have one. If it was close by and I didn't have one, I would jump on it for $300. Maybe a little more depending on condition of the backglass. "Dirty" is an easy fix.

#15 8 months ago

>no one apparently wants the game including the op.

I purposely didn't post links or pics, as I didn't want someone else to snatch it up.

But I also didn't end up with the game. He gave me a more reasonable "asking" price, and when I told him I was his guy at $300, he ghosted me, so he may have had another buyer lined up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-me-offer-a-fair-price-on-a-bally-expressway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.